Anyone found any HP7500 (int) XP drivers?

broadsword

Distinguished
Feb 18, 2003
I have one of these at work and we've moved to XP but there are apparently no XP drivers for this series of HP CDRW drives. Does anyone else have this trouble?

elzt

Distinguished
May 10, 2002
I thought those CDRW drives, like CD-ROM and DVD-ROM drives, don't require specific drivers from the manufacturer. XP should have already provided a generic driver for all optical drives. Can't you get your burner to work?

dhlucke

Polypheme
I've had problems with the 9100 series, lots of problems with the 8x00 series, but they are both working now with XP's built in drivers.

As you've probably seen, HP doesn't support any of their old CD-RW drives in XP.

If it doesn't work with the stock XP drivers, then go to windows update and download the cd-burner patch. It's one of the first patches released.

If you still can't get the burner to work, then you're probably out of luck.

Don't bother with the software that came with the burners. Download Ahead's Nero or CloneCD as your burning applications.

<font color=red>
<A HREF="http://kevan.org/brain.cgi?dhlucke" target="_new">If you were to have sex with your clone would that be considered incest or masturbation?</A></font color=red>