Free Sony PCM 3324a Digital Recorder

Last response: in Home Audio
Share
January 26, 2005 11:54:40 AM

Hello all.

I have a Sony PCM 3324a digital recorder I have been authorized to
unload. Here's the story: The music director at my church happens to
also be a fairly fabulous session drummer, but is not so technically
informed.

Anyway, a local producer-guy he knows offered this recorder to the
church for free (as a tax write-off). My drummer-friend thought since
it used tape reels, that he was being handed an analog tape machine.
Having heard "tape" is "warm," he accepted it.

Well, if you know anything about these units, you know that they're
rather large. I estimate its size to be about a 3x3x3 foot cube.

We do very little serious recording here, and frankly we can do it with
smaller and easier gear. Also, storage space is a huge issue in our
building.

So, if you are interested in a 16-track digital recorder, FOR FREE, and
can drive here in a truck to take it, it's yours.

As far as we know, this unit works fine. It has been in storage since
we got it about 14 months ago. It has a remote, a huge manual, a bunch
of cables, and a reel of some sort of tape. None of us know how to use
it, so I make no guarantees other than the first person to make
arrangements with me to take it may do so.

There's no catch. It was given to us, and we're not looking to make a
buck or con anyone. We just need the space back. We'll even provide
enough men to load it on your truck (it weighs a ton).

Contact me HERE if interested:
deberhardt@cr0ssroadsc0mmunitychurch.net (change the zeros to o)
Anonymous
January 26, 2005 11:59:08 AM

ebz@one.net wrote:

> So, if you are interested in a 16-track digital recorder, FOR FREE, and
> can drive here in a truck to take it, it's yours.

I know where Here is. Where are you?
Anonymous
January 26, 2005 9:19:28 PM

On Wed, 26 Jan 2005 08:59:08 -0800, S O'Neill <nopsam@nospam.net>
wrote:

>ebz@one.net wrote:
>

>> So, if you are interested in a 16-track digital recorder, FOR FREE, and
>> can drive here in a truck to take it, it's yours.
>

>I know where Here is. Where are you?

From the website (from the URL of the contact email address, chaniging
0's to o's):

>Contact me HERE if interested:
>deberhardt@cr0ssroadsc0mmunitychurch.net (change the zeros to o)

Crossroads Community Church, 25991 Pala, Mission Viejo, CA 92691
-----
http://mindspring.com/~benbradley
January 26, 2005 9:43:07 PM

A 3324 should be 24 tracks and doesn't work with much ease if there's
not a good remote autolocator with cabling and a meter bridge. It weighs
approximately 400(+) pounds and has an XLR analogue I/O for recording
with on-board AD/DA. It is SMPTE time code based. The machine was
originally in the $90,000+ price range. Blanket-wrap shipping charges are
in the neighborhood of $600 to $800 depending on the distance.

I never thought DASH was as friendly as PD, but for FREE !?! it's a deal.

There are only two buggars to consider... either the machine works,
or it doesn't (take that literally), and tape is becoming as scarce and
expensive in the digital world as it is in the analogue.

You might consider posting this on rec.audio.tech... as a parts machine.

--
David Morgan (MAMS)
http://www.m-a-m-s DOT com

<ebz@one.net> wrote in message news:1106758480.491534.266070@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com...
> Hello all.
>
> I have a Sony PCM 3324a digital recorder I have been authorized to
> unload. Here's the story: The music director at my church happens to
> also be a fairly fabulous session drummer, but is not so technically
> informed.
>
> Anyway, a local producer-guy he knows offered this recorder to the
> church for free (as a tax write-off). My drummer-friend thought since
> it used tape reels, that he was being handed an analog tape machine.
> Having heard "tape" is "warm," he accepted it.
>
> Well, if you know anything about these units, you know that they're
> rather large. I estimate its size to be about a 3x3x3 foot cube.
>
> We do very little serious recording here, and frankly we can do it with
> smaller and easier gear. Also, storage space is a huge issue in our
> building.
>
> So, if you are interested in a 16-track digital recorder, FOR FREE, and
> can drive here in a truck to take it, it's yours.
>
> As far as we know, this unit works fine. It has been in storage since
> we got it about 14 months ago. It has a remote, a huge manual, a bunch
> of cables, and a reel of some sort of tape. None of us know how to use
> it, so I make no guarantees other than the first person to make
> arrangements with me to take it may do so.
>
> There's no catch. It was given to us, and we're not looking to make a
> buck or con anyone. We just need the space back. We'll even provide
> enough men to load it on your truck (it weighs a ton).
>
> Contact me HERE if interested:
> deberhardt@cr0ssroadsc0mmunitychurch.net (change the zeros to o)

January 26, 2005 10:02:22 PM

> >I know where Here is. Where are you?
>
> From the website (from the URL of the contact email address,
chaniging
> 0's to o's):
>
> >Contact me HERE if interested:
> >deberhardt@cr0ssroadsc0mmunitychurch.net (change the zeros to o)
>
> Crossroads Community Church, 25991 Pala, Mission Viejo, CA 92691

Well, that was really good detective work, but it's incorrect.

This particular Crossroads Community Church is in Cincinnati, OH

Specifically-
3500 Madison Rd.
Cincinnati, OH 45209
Sorry for forgetting to specify where HERE was. Doh!

-dave
!