Help Needed With Sound Workshop Series 34

Last response: in Home Audio
January 26, 2005 12:21:13 PM

The high school I teach at was recently donated an old Sound Workshop
Series 34 Mixing Console. We plan on using it with our studio recording
program but need schematics in order to give it a proper cleaning and
bring it back up to spec. Does anyone know who I can contact in regards
to obtaining schematics and/or operating manuals for this board? Thanks
in advance.

Chris
Anonymous
January 26, 2005 1:40:20 PM

jzz...@aol.com wrote:
> The high school I teach at was recently donated an old Sound Workshop
> Series 34 Mixing Console. We plan on using it with our studio
recording
> program but need schematics in order to give it a proper cleaning and
> bring it back up to spec. Does anyone know who I can contact in
regards
> to obtaining schematics and/or operating manuals for this board?
Thanks
> in advance.
>
> Chris

There's a Sound Workshop group on Yahoo.

Try posting there. I've gotten good response from that group.
Many have Series 34 boards and there are several guys that
do repair work there, as well as one guy who had worked at
the company in design, I believe. Good resource for you.
Anonymous
January 26, 2005 3:36:22 PM

Contact Otari, they made them, right?

Matt

email- alstead at gmail dot commm

jzztpt@aol.com wrote:

> The high school I teach at was recently donated an old Sound Workshop
> Series 34 Mixing Console. We plan on using it with our studio recording
> program but need schematics in order to give it a proper cleaning and
> bring it back up to spec. Does anyone know who I can contact in regards
> to obtaining schematics and/or operating manuals for this board? Thanks
> in advance.
>
> Chris

Anonymous
January 27, 2005 12:17:04 AM

<jzztpt@aol.com> wrote in message
> The high school I teach at was recently donated an old Sound Workshop
> Series 34 Mixing Console. We plan on using it with our studio recording
> program but need schematics in order to give it a proper cleaning and
> bring it back up to spec. Does anyone know who I can contact in regards
> to obtaining schematics and/or operating manuals for this board? Thanks
> in advance.
>
> Chris

Below is a 4 years old post from my archive. I hope the OP won't mind it
being reposted.

Predrag

Don Albanese was a cicuit designer for SW during the 70's and 80's and has
been
doing service & installation on 34's and the rest since. His current email
is
dalbanese@samsontech.com - He's the guy.

Although Otari bought Sound Worskhop some ten years ago, and kept many of
the
SW design engineers on for a long time, they "downsized", "excessed" "pick a
euphamism" the console product development division on Long Island this
past
summer.

Kevin M. Kelly
"There needs to be a 12-step program for us gearheads"
!