New demo out on Fileplanet

http://www.fileplanet.com/156544/150000/fileinfo/GODS:-Lands-of-Infinity-Demo

It's called Gods : Lands of Infinity. IT's very, very 'old school',
like a cross between Betrayal at Krondor and Realms of Arkania.
Turn-based combat, with magic, melee, etc.

It's still rough, with a number of glitches, but it's still a decent
enough game.

More info can be found at - http://www.cypron-studios.com/

And what's with all the carrots ?
More about demo fileplanet

    "Mark Morrison" <drdpikeuk@aol.com> wrote in message
    > http://www.fileplanet.com/156544/150000/fileinfo/GODS:-Lands-of-Infinity-Demo
    >
    > It's called Gods : Lands of Infinity. IT's very, very 'old school',
    > like a cross between Betrayal at Krondor and Realms of Arkania.
    > Turn-based combat, with magic, melee, etc.
    >
    > It's still rough, with a number of glitches, but it's still a decent
    > enough game.
    >
    > More info can be found at - http://www.cypron-studios.com/

    Old School indeed. :) I see this game subscribes to the old notion that
    women warriors are perfectly content to wear the famous "skimpy 2-piece
    loincloth +2" into combat.

    On Sat, 03 Sep 2005 21:13:47 GMT, "jwb" <jwb3333removethis@excite.com>
    wrote:

    >"Mark Morrison" <drdpikeuk@aol.com> wrote in message
    >> http://www.fileplanet.com/156544/150000/fileinfo/GODS:-Lands-of-Infinity-Demo
    >>
    >> It's called Gods : Lands of Infinity. IT's very, very 'old school',
    >> like a cross between Betrayal at Krondor and Realms of Arkania.
    >> Turn-based combat, with magic, melee, etc.
    >>
    >> It's still rough, with a number of glitches, but it's still a decent
    >> enough game.
    >>
    >> More info can be found at - http://www.cypron-studios.com/
    >
    >Old School indeed. :) I see this game subscribes to the old notion that
    >women warriors are perfectly content to wear the famous "skimpy 2-piece
    >loincloth +2" into combat.

    I got to level 7 before findng the guys who sell weapons and armour in
    the starting village. :)

    Any Idea who teached warrior skills ? If found the alchemist teacher
    - if you get the anti-love potions for the woman in the first village
    where you start, she tells you her sister is an alchemist, and she
    will train you.

    No idea about mage, either, although since mages are very rare, I can
    see them not being present in the demo.

    I do like the combat system - like old times. :)

    Also, the weapons and armour have sockets, a la Diablo, and a viariety
    of gems can be bought from the alchemist vendor in the first village
    (near the pub, South of the gates).

    In article <tbckh1dkjt95v0kuiv6dghplnnsgt69otg@4ax.com>, Mark Morrison <drdpikeuk@aol.com> wrote:

    >I do like the combat system - like old times. :)

    Apparently I missed all those good(?) old times, but I didn't care for
    the combat, on account of it being slow, slow, sloooow. Note I'm not
    talking about it being turn based. I mean:

    When you start an encounter you have to wait for the shield to fade
    out (slow). You have to get a camera fly-by of the enemy (slow), you
    have to get a camera fly-by of yourself (slow). When you cast a spell
    you have to sit through a 5 second animation (slow). When the
    characters attack it takes them a second to scoot across the field and
    another to scoot back (slow). To attack you have to access a
    submenu(!!!) every single time (slow). I feel carpal tunnel syndrome
    coming on already. Maybe the full version lets you disable some/all of
    these things.

    Submenus on a PC is really unacceptable interface design when you have
    a full keyboard and quadruple the number of pixels/screen real estate
    at your disposal, versus a console.

    Graphical glitches on the dialogue screens (text cut off and
    the mouse had to be positioned an inch below the choice you
    were clicking on to actually hit it). Movement was annoying, and the
    whole thing crashed to desktop to boot. I'll pass on this one. Far too
    consoley and unpolished.

    Alan

    On Sun, 04 Sep 2005 18:29:39 GMT, amonroejj@yahoo.com (R. Alan Monroe)
    wrote:

    >In article <tbckh1dkjt95v0kuiv6dghplnnsgt69otg@4ax.com>, Mark Morrison <drdpikeuk@aol.com> wrote:
    >
    >>I do like the combat system - like old times. :)
    >
    >Apparently I missed all those good(?) old times, but I didn't care for
    >the combat, on account of it being slow, slow, sloooow. Note I'm not
    >talking about it being turn based. I mean:
    >
    >When you start an encounter you have to wait for the shield to fade
    >out (slow). You have to get a camera fly-by of the enemy (slow), you
    >have to get a camera fly-by of yourself (slow). When you cast a spell
    >you have to sit through a 5 second animation (slow). When the
    >characters attack it takes them a second to scoot across the field and
    >another to scoot back (slow). To attack you have to access a
    >submenu(!!!) every single time (slow). I feel carpal tunnel syndrome
    >coming on already. Maybe the full version lets you disable some/all of
    >these things.
    >
    >Submenus on a PC is really unacceptable interface design when you have
    >a full keyboard and quadruple the number of pixels/screen real estate
    >at your disposal, versus a console.
    >
    >Graphical glitches on the dialogue screens (text cut off and
    >the mouse had to be positioned an inch below the choice you
    >were clicking on to actually hit it). Movement was annoying, and the
    >whole thing crashed to desktop to boot. I'll pass on this one. Far too
    >consoley and unpolished.
    >
    >Alan

    Good point on the combat - shades of Final Fantasy when the fights
    start. :)

    And a way to set shortcuts for the most common attacks/action would be
    nice.

    I'm still tempted, though.

    And what's with all the carrots ?

PC gaming Games IBM RPG Video Games