Zire 31 Palm Desktop with T|T?

June 14, 2004 4:52:25 AM

I have a Tungsten T that I use daily, and I am purchasing my wife a
Zire 31. I read at the PalmOne website that it comes with a version
of the Palm Desktop specially tailored for the Z31. I nosed all
around PalmOne's website, but I can't seem to locate the answer to
this issue:

Will my Tungsten T still sync with the Z31 version of the Palm
Desktop, or will there be a problem? Can I sync the Z31 with my old
version of the Palm Desktop?

More about : zire palm desktop

Anonymous
June 16, 2004 4:21:04 AM

John,

I can't say for sure, but my Z31 synchs FAST - I think the desktop S/W
is needed. However my daughter has a Vx, and it handles both units
just fine. It should be OK, you could email PalmOne with the question,
but I'm almost sure it will work fine.
VW

On 14 Jun 2004 00:52:25 -0700, nusm@nettaxi.com (John Newsome) wrote:

>I have a Tungsten T that I use daily, and I am purchasing my wife a
>Zire 31. I read at the PalmOne website that it comes with a version
>of the Palm Desktop specially tailored for the Z31. I nosed all
>around PalmOne's website, but I can't seem to locate the answer to
>this issue:
>
>Will my Tungsten T still sync with the Z31 version of the Palm
>Desktop, or will there be a problem? Can I sync the Z31 with my old
>version of the Palm Desktop?
June 16, 2004 8:04:50 PM

6/14/2004 3:52:25 AM

John Newsome <nusm@nettaxi.com> wrote in message

<68f2b2ef.0406132352.26141759@posting.google.com>

> I have a Tungsten T that I use daily, and I am purchasing my wife a

> Zire 31. I read at the PalmOne website that it comes with a
version

> of the Palm Desktop specially tailored for the Z31. I nosed all

> around PalmOne's website, but I can't seem to locate the answer to

> this issue:

> Will my Tungsten T still sync with the Z31 version of the Palm

> Desktop, or will there be a problem? Can I sync the Z31 with my
old

> version of the Palm Desktop?

Just saw this on the Palm Web site.

<snip>

*If possible, Zire 72 and Zire 31 users should use the version of
Palm Desktop which came with their handheld. Although this download
is compatible with these handhelds, additional conduits and
applications are included on the CD version.

</snip>
--
Composed with Newz Crawler 1.7 http://www.newzcrawler.com/
!