Fable for PC, is it first person?

I see that fable will be released in 20 days time, but I don't know
much about it. I'll buy it if it has a first person mode, otherwise
I'll wait another 77 days for Oblivion.

Thanks, regards, dnw.
13 answers Last reply
More about fable person

    That's interesting - is this website wrong then?

    http://shop.gameplay.co.uk/webstore/productpage.asp?productcode=RM02212&title=the_elder_scrolls_iv_-_oblivion_

    It says 97 days for Oblivion - I always thought this might be
    wrong.....

    One thing puzzles me - I thought 9 months ago that this product was
    roughly due out in 2009. It seems to have been brought forward by
    about 3 years. I wonder why this could have been - perhaps pressure to
    get it on to the new Microsoft console unit? I hope such a complex
    product won't be too buggy - I'm still going to get it no matter what
    state it's in, but I hope it won't have a kind of rushed feel to it.

    (I was talking about Oblivion, not Fable btw)

    Uzytkownik <dotnw@hotmail.com> napisal w wiadomosci
    > I see that fable will be released in 20 days time, but I don't know
    > much about it. I'll buy it if it has a first person mode, otherwise
    > I'll wait another 77 days for Oblivion.
    >
    > Thanks, regards, dnw.

    It's 3rd person perspective.

    M.

    dotnw@hotmail.com once tried to test me with:

    > One thing puzzles me - I thought 9 months ago that this product was
    > roughly due out in 2009. It seems to have been brought forward by
    > about 3 years. I wonder why this could have been - perhaps pressure to
    > get it on to the new Microsoft console unit? I hope such a complex
    > product won't be too buggy - I'm still going to get it no matter what
    > state it's in, but I hope it won't have a kind of rushed feel to it.

    I thought Oblivion was due to be a Xbox 360 launch title? Of course, they
    could do like Morrowind and release the PC version later. Maybe a lot
    later. I'll be waiting for the PC version though. No game is worth $450. :)

    Once a Gamer, Always a Gamer.

    "Knight37" <knight37m@gmail.com> wrote in message
    > dotnw@hotmail.com once tried to test me with:

    > I thought Oblivion was due to be a Xbox 360 launch title? Of course, they
    > could do like Morrowind and release the PC version later. Maybe a lot
    > later. I'll be waiting for the PC version though. No game is worth $450.
    :)

    > --

    Morrowind was out on PC first, it was the console version that was slightly
    delayed. I don't remember how long, but a month or two.

    Grotnar

    On 3 Sep 2005 03:30:05 -0700, dotnw@hotmail.com wrote:

    >I see that fable will be released in 20 days time, but I don't know
    >much about it. I'll buy it if it has a first person mode, otherwise
    >I'll wait another 77 days for Oblivion.

    Don't know about Fable, but Oblivion has no official release date set.
    --
    Greg Johnson

    OK, I will definately wait for Oblivion. :)

    <dotnw@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >I see that fable will be released in 20 days time, but I don't know
    > much about it. I'll buy it if it has a first person mode, otherwise
    > I'll wait another 77 days for Oblivion.
    >
    > Thanks, regards, dnw.

    Its 3rd person and very much a kids game not a PC RPG for adults.
  10. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg (More info?)

    On 3 Sep 2005 04:14:31 -0700, dotnw@hotmail.com wrote:

    >That's interesting - is this website wrong then?
    >
    >http://shop.gameplay.co.uk/webstore/productpage.asp?productcode=RM02212&title=the_elder_scrolls_iv_-_oblivion_
    >
    >It says 97 days for Oblivion - I always thought this might be
    >wrong.....

    The developers(Bethesda) said 'Holidays 2005' last year, and have made
    no announcement since. The publishers(2K Games) say 'Coming Soon'.
    Presumably they want to get it out for Christmas, but they haven't
    promised anything. When a shipping date is decided, I expect it will be
    announced here
    http://www.elderscrolls.com/
    and here
    http://www.2kgames.com/index.php?p=games&platform=PC&title=oblivion
    --
    Greg Johnson
  11. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg (More info?)

    FABLE.....
    Its been a GI-NOR-MOUSE (very big) hit on the
    XBOX toy thingy..

    Various reviews here for the XBOX version...PC ver. is bigger..more
    features (so they say !)....
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B00008NA6E/qid=1125280777/sr=1-1/ref=sr_1_10_1/026-1939776-5354806

    From what I've seen so far ...
    Its 3rd person....camera and scale of the charaters very like GOTHIC...a bit
    like MORROWIND...
    Simple controls (thank God !)...looks a bit "kids stuff" ...fantasy..."old
    world"...sort of light n cheerfull unlike the often darker style of the
    other 2 ...comes from same peeps who did "Black & White" and looks it...
    The intial "kids story" style impresion does hide a some-what deeper
    game...(thinks;.. Morrowind's complexity hides a very shallow story/game)
    Seems fairly undermanding re; hardware....looks good...

    Luv mouse (the 1 oo caint spel)
    @@@@@
  12. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg (More info?)

    Trimble Bracegirdle wrote:
    > From what I've seen so far ...
    > Its 3rd person....camera and scale of the charaters very like
    > Seems fairly undermanding re; hardware....looks good...

    Very good indeed - saw fable being played today (about 10 minutes) on a mid
    range PC (9800 pro card) and my jaw hit the floor, the best looking CRPG
    game I have ever seen.

    Can't imagine what it must look like on a newer card but the gameplay did
    seem a bit shallow as mentioned.

    I will wait for reviews (dont I always?) before picking this one up.

    ---

    What if the people in the New Orleans Convention Center were white ?

    They wouldn't be raping (unless they were Kennedies) or murdering (unless
    they were Kennedies) or smearing feces all over the walls (c'mon, not even a
    Kennedy would do that).
  13. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg (More info?)

    Thusly "BuckFush" <notmyre@laddress.com> Spake Unto All:

    >Trimble Bracegirdle wrote:
    >> From what I've seen so far ...
    >> Its 3rd person....camera and scale of the charaters very like
    >> Seems fairly undermanding re; hardware....looks good...
    >
    >Very good indeed - saw fable being played today (about 10 minutes) on a mid
    >range PC (9800 pro card) and my jaw hit the floor, the best looking CRPG
    >game I have ever seen.

    IMO Guild Wars beats it handily, but it *is* probably #2 wrt rpg
    prettiness right now.

    The style is console. Looks like World of Warcraft 2 or Monkey Island
    3D would. Some like that style, I'm told.

    --
    "Forgive Russia. Ignore Germany. Punish France."
    -- Condoleezza Rice, at the time National Security Adviser, on how to deal

PC gaming Video Games