Fable for PC, is it first person?

I see that fable will be released in 20 days time, but I don't know
much about it. I'll buy it if it has a first person mode, otherwise
I'll wait another 77 days for Oblivion.

Thanks, regards, dnw.

That's interesting - is this website wrong then?

http://shop.gameplay.co.uk/webstore/productpage.asp?productcode=RM02212&title=the_elder_scrolls_iv_-_oblivion_

It says 97 days for Oblivion - I always thought this might be
wrong.....

One thing puzzles me - I thought 9 months ago that this product was
roughly due out in 2009. It seems to have been brought forward by
about 3 years. I wonder why this could have been - perhaps pressure to
get it on to the new Microsoft console unit? I hope such a complex
product won't be too buggy - I'm still going to get it no matter what
state it's in, but I hope it won't have a kind of rushed feel to it.

(I was talking about Oblivion, not Fable btw)

Uzytkownik <dotnw@hotmail.com> napisal w wiadomosci
> I see that fable will be released in 20 days time, but I don't know
> much about it. I'll buy it if it has a first person mode, otherwise
> I'll wait another 77 days for Oblivion.
>
> Thanks, regards, dnw.

It's 3rd person perspective.

M.

dotnw@hotmail.com once tried to test me with:

> One thing puzzles me - I thought 9 months ago that this product was
> roughly due out in 2009. It seems to have been brought forward by
> about 3 years. I wonder why this could have been - perhaps pressure to
> get it on to the new Microsoft console unit? I hope such a complex
> product won't be too buggy - I'm still going to get it no matter what
> state it's in, but I hope it won't have a kind of rushed feel to it.

I thought Oblivion was due to be a Xbox 360 launch title? Of course, they
could do like Morrowind and release the PC version later. Maybe a lot
later. I'll be waiting for the PC version though. No game is worth $450. :)

Once a Gamer, Always a Gamer.

"Knight37" <knight37m@gmail.com> wrote in message
> dotnw@hotmail.com once tried to test me with:

> I thought Oblivion was due to be a Xbox 360 launch title? Of course, they
> could do like Morrowind and release the PC version later. Maybe a lot
> later. I'll be waiting for the PC version though. No game is worth $450.
:)

> --

Morrowind was out on PC first, it was the console version that was slightly
delayed. I don't remember how long, but a month or two.

Grotnar

On 3 Sep 2005 03:30:05 -0700, dotnw@hotmail.com wrote:

>I see that fable will be released in 20 days time, but I don't know
>much about it. I'll buy it if it has a first person mode, otherwise
>I'll wait another 77 days for Oblivion.

Don't know about Fable, but Oblivion has no official release date set.
--
Greg Johnson

sleepy

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2001

<dotnw@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>I see that fable will be released in 20 days time, but I don't know
> much about it. I'll buy it if it has a first person mode, otherwise
> I'll wait another 77 days for Oblivion.
>
> Thanks, regards, dnw.

Its 3rd person and very much a kids game not a PC RPG for adults.

On 3 Sep 2005 04:14:31 -0700, dotnw@hotmail.com wrote:

>That's interesting - is this website wrong then?
>
>http://shop.gameplay.co.uk/webstore/productpage.asp?productcode=RM02212&title=the_elder_scrolls_iv_-_oblivion_
>
>It says 97 days for Oblivion - I always thought this might be
>wrong.....

The developers(Bethesda) said 'Holidays 2005' last year, and have made
no announcement since. The publishers(2K Games) say 'Coming Soon'.
Presumably they want to get it out for Christmas, but they haven't
promised anything. When a shipping date is decided, I expect it will be
announced here
http://www.elderscrolls.com/
and here
http://www.2kgames.com/index.php?p=games&platform=PC&title=oblivion
--
Greg Johnson

FABLE.....
Its been a GI-NOR-MOUSE (very big) hit on the
XBOX toy thingy..

Various reviews here for the XBOX version...PC ver. is bigger..more
features (so they say !)....
http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B00008NA6E/qid=1125280777/sr=1-1/ref=sr_1_10_1/026-1939776-5354806

From what I've seen so far ...
Its 3rd person....camera and scale of the charaters very like GOTHIC...a bit
like MORROWIND...
Simple controls (thank God !)...looks a bit "kids stuff" ...fantasy..."old
world"...sort of light n cheerfull unlike the often darker style of the
other 2 ...comes from same peeps who did "Black & White" and looks it...
The intial "kids story" style impresion does hide a some-what deeper
game...(thinks;.. Morrowind's complexity hides a very shallow story/game)
Seems fairly undermanding re; hardware....looks good...

Luv mouse (the 1 oo caint spel)
@@@@@

Trimble Bracegirdle wrote:
> From what I've seen so far ...
> Its 3rd person....camera and scale of the charaters very like
> Seems fairly undermanding re; hardware....looks good...

Very good indeed - saw fable being played today (about 10 minutes) on a mid
range PC (9800 pro card) and my jaw hit the floor, the best looking CRPG
game I have ever seen.

Can't imagine what it must look like on a newer card but the gameplay did
seem a bit shallow as mentioned.

I will wait for reviews (dont I always?) before picking this one up.

---

What if the people in the New Orleans Convention Center were white ?

They wouldn't be raping (unless they were Kennedies) or murdering (unless
they were Kennedies) or smearing feces all over the walls (c'mon, not even a
Kennedy would do that).

Thusly "BuckFush" <notmyre@laddress.com> Spake Unto All:

>Trimble Bracegirdle wrote:
>> From what I've seen so far ...
>> Its 3rd person....camera and scale of the charaters very like
>> Seems fairly undermanding re; hardware....looks good...
>
>Very good indeed - saw fable being played today (about 10 minutes) on a mid
>range PC (9800 pro card) and my jaw hit the floor, the best looking CRPG
>game I have ever seen.

IMO Guild Wars beats it handily, but it *is* probably #2 wrt rpg
prettiness right now.

The style is console. Looks like World of Warcraft 2 or Monkey Island
3D would. Some like that style, I'm told.

--
"Forgive Russia. Ignore Germany. Punish France."
-- Condoleezza Rice, at the time National Security Adviser, on how to deal