Adminstrator file control

stevie44

Distinguished
Nov 4, 2009
Frustrated pc user here:

I'm the only user on my pc, no family members, or even a guest profile. Every time want to copy and paste a file, windows tells me am not administrator. When go into control panel...user accounts...it shows my name and the "ADMINISTRATOR". Trying to paste a file into "system32" folder just now, says I must take ownership of the folder. When go right click, properties, security, edit. Shows I got full control and nothing in the "deny" column. What gives???

Any way to correct this problem and really set up to be the "administrator" of my own pc.

Steve

tongsama

Honorable
May 27, 2012
have you tried to reset file permissions? Is that a UAC warning?

http://lallousx86.wordpress.com/2009/06/14/resetting-ntfs-files-security-and-permission-in-windows-7/

stevie44

Distinguished
Nov 4, 2009

Sorry never got your reply post email, till got email from Tom's the is now closed.

No, mine from Day one from Office Depot. Just rebuit the components like cpu, ram, gpu, psu...upgrades. All is the same from original buy. Only other upgrade is from Win 7 32 bit to 64 bit. So could get the ram up to 8gb. A gamer and always tells me have to be administrator. But guess from google searches, that's a default protocol of windows.

Steve