what is the best web site to send SMS messages to any carr..

I see there are plenty of sites out there, but I am wary of getting
spam on my or my friends PCS phones. I just need a site to bookmark
that I can send SMS to Alltel, Cell One, Sprint PCS etc.

Thanks,

Scott Emick

In article <a2794831.0405120439.569bbe37@posting.google.com>,
semick@msn.com (Scott Emick) wrote:

> I see there are plenty of sites out there, but I am wary of getting
> spam on my or my friends PCS phones. I just need a site to bookmark
> that I can send SMS to Alltel, Cell One, Sprint PCS etc.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Scott Emick

To send to a SprintPCS phone use:

http://messaging.sprintpcs.com/textmessaging/compose

for your other PCS Carriers perhaps

http://www.clickatell.com/
could be useful, but its 4.4 cents a message

Other carriers will require other Gateways

http://www.indiamobiles.com/gsm_sms_gateway.htm

Lists GSN carrier to anywwhere in the world

Rick

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2003

you can try using this one, but not sure if all your required carriers are
present..

http://mobile.yahoo.com/sms/sendsms

"Røbert M" <rmarkoff@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:rmarkoff-31CFF9.05421213052004@news06.east.earthlink.net...
> In article <a2794831.0405120439.569bbe37@posting.google.com>,
> semick@msn.com (Scott Emick) wrote:
>
>> I see there are plenty of sites out there, but I am wary of getting
>> spam on my or my friends PCS phones. I just need a site to bookmark
>> that I can send SMS to Alltel, Cell One, Sprint PCS etc.
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Scott Emick
>

> To send to a SprintPCS phone use:
>
> http://messaging.sprintpcs.com/textmessaging/compose
>
> for your other PCS Carriers perhaps
>
> http://www.clickatell.com/
> could be useful, but its 4.4 cents a message
>

> Other carriers will require other Gateways
>
> http://www.indiamobiles.com/gsm_sms_gateway.htm
>
> Lists GSN carrier to anywwhere in the world

If you don't know who the recipient's carrier is, you can just send the
message to (10-digit phone #)@teleflip.com. For more info, see
http://www.teleflip.com

--

John Richards