  • Sprint PCS
  • Internet Service Providers
Last response: in Network Providers
May 12, 2004 5:06:01 PM

You can't find out who these people are running the site and anyone can
leave any story of any kind that they want.

Chris

More about : ripoff reports joke

Anonymous
May 12, 2004 5:28:34 PM

> You can't find out who these people
> are running the site and anyone can
> leave any story of any kind that they want.

And thats different from USENET how?

You are free to believe or disbelieve, as are the rest of us who can freely
decide on it.

http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/ripoff89259.htm
=============

It seems VERY CREDIBLE to me. I could be wrong.

Find someone else who just went through SprintPCS CSR training and says its any
different.
Anonymous
May 12, 2004 7:21:06 PM

Nebby00007 wrote:
>>You can't find out who these people
>>are running the site and anyone can
>>leave any story of any kind that they want.
>

> And thats different from USENET how?
>
> You are free to believe or disbelieve, as are the rest of us who can freely
> decide on it.
>
> http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/ripoff89259.htm
> =============
>
> It seems VERY CREDIBLE to me. I could be wrong.
>
> Find someone else who just went through SprintPCS CSR training and says its any
> different.

Well to start with.
I KNOW that The director of the call center NEVER said sprint has bad
customer service, think about it, unless the man wants to look for
another job this would not happen regardless of what he may actually think.
So that alone discredits the story.
2nd, she is talking about a new CSR, do you think any company is going
to tell a new employee to go ahead and give out credit ? how long do you
really think they would last ? be real.
Having worked call centers I can tell you that most of is reported here
sounds like what happens most anywhere else.
Also this sounds like someone who couldn't cut it and was either let go
or quit due to not being able to do the job.
I do agree that Sprint should re-evaluate some of it's policies on CSR
training and on job requirements .
But it looks to me like a site set up to help people rip off companies
as well as whine about bad experiences, I don't see any truly objective
posting on this site.
Not really a very credible reference I think.

Jim
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
Anonymous
May 12, 2004 10:03:31 PM

"Chris Russell" <noone@nowhere.nospam> wrote in message news:Zipoc.18189$po4.5401@newssvr31.news.prodigy.com...
> You can't find out who these people are running the site

Au contraire, it's easy to find the owner of any website:

Domain Name: RIPOFFREPORT.COM

Registrant:
Xcentric Ventures, llc
P.O. Box 470
Tempe, AZ 85280
US
602.518.4357

Administrative Contact:
Magedson, Ed domain@ xcentricventures.com
P.O. Box 470
Tempe, AZ 85280
US
602.518.4357

Technical Contact:
Magedson, Ed domain@ xcentricventures.com
P.O. Box 470
Tempe, AZ 85280
US
602.518.4357

Record last updated 09-17-2003 07:03:32 PM
Record expires on 12-08-2004
Record created on 12-09-1998

Domain servers in listed order:
NS1.DNSMANAGED.COM 192.5.6.34
NS7.DNSMANAGED.COM 192.42.93.34
NS6.DNSMANAGED.COM 192.35.51.34
NS4.DNSMANAGED.COM 192.31.80.34
Anonymous
May 12, 2004 10:03:32 PM

John Richards <supportdesk70-NO-SPAM@no.spam.sbcglobal.net> wrote:
> Au contraire, it's easy to find the owner of any website:

Assuming the info is accurate (granted, it looks like this info is).

May 12, 2004 10:13:40 PM

Anonymous
May 12, 2004 10:16:14 PM

John Richards <supportdesk70-NO-SPAM@no.spam.sbcglobal.net> wrote:
> Au contraire, it's easy to find the owner of any website:
>
> Domain Name: RIPOFFREPORT.COM
>
> Registrant:
> Xcentric Ventures, llc
> P.O. Box 470
> Tempe, AZ 85280
> US
> 602.518.4357
>
> Administrative Contact:
> Magedson, Ed domain@ xcentricventures.com
> P.O. Box 470
> Tempe, AZ 85280
> US
> 602.518.4357
>

> Technical Contact:
> Magedson, Ed domain@ xcentricventures.com
> P.O. Box 470
> Tempe, AZ 85280
> US
> 602.518.4357
>

> Record last updated 09-17-2003 07:03:32 PM
> Record expires on 12-08-2004
> Record created on 12-09-1998
>
> Domain servers in listed order:
> NS1.DNSMANAGED.COM 192.5.6.34
> NS7.DNSMANAGED.COM 192.42.93.34
> NS6.DNSMANAGED.COM 192.35.51.34
> NS4.DNSMANAGED.COM 192.31.80.34

Whoever it is that run it seems to read here! The DNS has already been
updated and the whois database now returns:

Sterling Network Services LLC SNS-PHX-NET1 (NET-66-235-224-0-1)
66.235.224.0 - 66.235.255.255
Xcentric Ventures, llc SNS-PHX-XCENT-1 (NET-66-235-224-128-1)
66.235.224.128 - 66.235.224.191

- --

Thomas T. Veldhouse

May 12, 2004 11:53:31 PM

(Chris Russell) wrote:
<<You can't find out who these people are running the site and anyone
can leave any story of any kind that they want. >>

Its the same kind of thing as people leaving reviews and such at sites
like amazon or imdb... its a site for people to express their experience
or opinions publically. Much like this newsgroup.

Eric
Anonymous
May 13, 2004 5:19:28 AM

And the question is: how many Phillipe's does it attract to leave
messages(since it is negative in tone)?

Chris

"Eric" <caperenewal@webtv.net> wrote in message
(Chris Russell) wrote:
<<You can't find out who these people are running the site and anyone
can leave any story of any kind that they want. >>

Its the same kind of thing as people leaving reviews and such at sites
like amazon or imdb... its a site for people to express their experience
or opinions publically. Much like this newsgroup.

Eric
Anonymous
May 13, 2004 6:23:45 AM

I could easily have found this info, but I was pointing out that no real
info about who these people are is available on the website. That just
leads me to think it is a bunch of BS if they stay anonymous.

Chris

"John Richards" <supportdesk70-NO-SPAM@NO.SPAM.sbcglobal.net> wrote in
message news:TFtoc.28$kt2.25@newssvr33.news.prodigy.com...
"Chris Russell" <noone@nowhere.nospam> wrote in message
> You can't find out who these people are running the site

Au contraire, it's easy to find the owner of any website:

Domain Name: RIPOFFREPORT.COM

Registrant:
Xcentric Ventures, llc
P.O. Box 470
Tempe, AZ 85280
US
602.518.4357

Administrative Contact:
Magedson, Ed domain@ xcentricventures.com
P.O. Box 470
Tempe, AZ 85280
US
602.518.4357

Technical Contact:
Magedson, Ed domain@ xcentricventures.com
P.O. Box 470
Tempe, AZ 85280
US
602.518.4357

Record last updated 09-17-2003 07:03:32 PM
Record expires on 12-08-2004
Record created on 12-09-1998

Domain servers in listed order:
NS1.DNSMANAGED.COM 192.5.6.34
NS7.DNSMANAGED.COM 192.42.93.34
NS6.DNSMANAGED.COM 192.35.51.34
NS4.DNSMANAGED.COM 192.31.80.34
Anonymous
May 13, 2004 9:53:31 AM

I think I'd want to stay anonymous too, if I posted something
that was very critical of a company who might otherwise harass
me with their lawyers.
Usenet has a long tradition of affording anonymity.
There's no easy way to know whether the name I post with or the
name you post with is real or an assumed pen name.
The moral is that you should judge the message, not the messenger.
--

John Richards

"Chris Russell" <noone@nowhere.nospam> wrote in message news:R_Aoc.6909$eH1.3477343@newssvr28.news.prodigy.com...
>I could easily have found this info, but I was pointing out that no real
> info about who these people are is available on the website. That just
> leads me to think it is a bunch of BS if they stay anonymous.
>
> Chris
Anonymous
May 15, 2004 7:08:07 AM

In article <v3Eoc.2377$Xb4.1407@newssvr16.news.prodigy.com>,
"John Richards" <supportdesk70-NO-SPAM@NO.SPAM.sbcglobal.net> says:

>I think I'd want to stay anonymous too, if I posted something
>that was very critical of a company who might otherwise harass
>me with their lawyers.

Yeah, well, I post critical stuff about companies all the time (and
have for many years). I'll let you know when the first lawyer comes
after me.

In my tenure on Usenet, the people who really value truly anonymous
postings (I mean not even a first name) are 99% trolls, so I've
learned to filter out the message because of the poster.

(F'rinstance, I'm not totally convinced you're not one of "Richard M"
(et al.)'s many schizophrenic aliases.)

-Kenny

--
Kenneth R. Crudup Sr. SW Engineer, Scott County Consulting, Los Angeles
H: 3630 S. Sepulveda Blvd. #138, L.A., CA 90034-6809 (310) 391-1898

In article <10ab2cntb6nhqb0@corp.supernews.com>,
kenny@panix.com (Kenneth Crudup) wrote:

> (F'rinstance, I'm not totally convinced you're not one of "Richard M"
> (et al.)'s many schizophrenic aliases.)

Yup, totally paranoid. Anybody who dares post anything negative, or
agree that a Ripoff Report sounds credible must be Robert M..
I apologize John Rchards

I read the post and decide whether its credible based on what it says,
not on whether its favorable to Sprint. Others get personal against any
poster who says something they disagree with or don't like.

http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/ripoff89259.htm

Sounds totally credible as it explains grief with CSRs that often gets
posted here.
Anonymous
May 15, 2004 10:27:25 PM

"Kenneth Crudup" <kenny@panix.com> wrote in message news:10ab2cntb6nhqb0@corp.supernews.com...
> In my tenure on Usenet, the people who really value truly anonymous
> postings (I mean not even a first name) are 99% trolls, so I've
> learned to filter out the message because of the poster.
>
> (F'rinstance, I'm not totally convinced you're not one of "Richard M"
> (et al.)'s many schizophrenic aliases.)

Did you learn anything in your tenure on Usenet? Such as how to
read the headers that indicate where a post is originating from?

--

John Richards
Anonymous

Røbert M wrote:

> http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/ripoff89259.htm

Ahh, see... the thing about ripoffreports is that it's a gripe site.
Type in any major company, no matter who it is, and they'll have a long
record of complaints.

Using ripoffreports as proof that a company is bad is like using a car
salesman who hasn't met his quarterly sales quota as proof that the car
he sells is the best on the market. Of course you're going to get the
data you want... even if the data isn't valid or credible.

--
E-mail fudged to thwart spammers.
May 18, 2004 3:26:02 PM

Hey , I like that site too !!!

On 12 May 2004 13:28:34 GMT, nebby00007@aol.com (Nebby00007) wrote:

>> You can't find out who these people
>> are running the site and anyone can
>> leave any story of any kind that they want.
>
>And thats different from USENET how?
>
>You are free to believe or disbelieve, as are the rest of us who can freely
>decide on it.
>
>http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/ripoff89259.htm
>=============
>
>It seems VERY CREDIBLE to me. I could be wrong.
>
>Find someone else who just went through SprintPCS CSR training and says its any
>different.
Anonymous
May 18, 2004 4:04:49 PM

In article <40a9f160.41110453@news.myjoi.net>, nospam4me@nospam.com
wrote:

> Hey , I like that site too !!!
>
> On 12 May 2004 13:28:34 GMT, nebby00007@aol.com (Nebby00007) wrote:
>
> >> You can't find out who these people
> >> are running the site and anyone can
> >> leave any story of any kind that they want.
> >
> >And thats different from USENET how?
> >
> >You are free to believe or disbelieve, as are the rest of us who can freely
> >decide on it.
> >
> >http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/ripoff89259.htm
> >=============
> >
> >It seems VERY CREDIBLE to me. I could be wrong.
> >
> >Find someone else who just went through SprintPCS CSR training and says its
> >any
> >different.

Certainly no one should ever blindly accept a posted complaint.
But some of their posts there dovetail so perfectly with others there
and here, they sure seem credible.

I'd just like to see a similar degree of cynicism applied to Corporate
Press Releases which are sometimes hard to read they're spinning so fast.

http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/ripoff89259.htm
Anonymous
May 20, 2004 9:29:04 AM

In article <hitpc.2004$sw3.1455@newssvr32.news.prodigy.com>,
"John Richards" <supportdesk70-NO-SPAM@NO.SPAM.sbcglobal.net> says:

>Such as how to read the headers that indicate where a post is originating from?

Yeah, but that means little nowadays. You know that.

-Kenny

--
Kenneth R. Crudup Sr. SW Engineer, Scott County Consulting, Los Angeles
H: 3630 S. Sepulveda Blvd. #138, L.A., CA 90034-6809 (310) 391-1898
W: 26601 Agoura Road, Calabasas, CA 91302-1959 (818) 444-3685
Anonymous
May 20, 2004 9:29:36 AM

In article <rmarkoff-3062FD.03215215052004@news06.east.earthlink.net>,
Røbert M <rmarkoff@yahoo.com> says:

Will you quit changing your aliases? It's hard to keep you in my killfile.

-Kenny

--
Kenneth R. Crudup Sr. SW Engineer, Scott County Consulting, Los Angeles
H: 3630 S. Sepulveda Blvd. #138, L.A., CA 90034-6809 (310) 391-1898
W: 26601 Agoura Road, Calabasas, CA 91302-1959 (818) 444-3685
Anonymous
May 20, 2004 2:52:56 PM

In article <10aogi09kq7dvc8@corp.supernews.com>,
kenny@panix.com (Kenneth Crudup) wrote:

> Will you quit changing your aliases?

NOPE. There's no rule against it.
Anonymous
May 20, 2004 5:22:55 PM

Rupert N wrote:
> In article <10aogi09kq7dvc8@corp.supernews.com>,
> kenny@panix.com (Kenneth Crudup) wrote:
>

>>Will you quit changing your aliases?
>

> NOPE. There's no rule against it.

And you wonder why you are labeled a troll ...

Jim
Anonymous
May 20, 2004 6:29:19 PM

!