DS2 - There has to a hotkey for this somewhere??

Ok I've looked, I swear to god I've looked but I cannot find the hotkey for
switching between weapons/spells anywhere. Yes you can switch the powers
using the 0 and 9 key. But how do you switch between your spells and or
weapon without having to click on it?

And the last one thats driving me batty is trying to figure out if there is
a way to swap between the reserve spellbook and the active one?

Anyone worked out how the character decides on which auto cast spell he will
cast? Does he use Lesser Heal or Healing Rain? So far I've only seen the
Lesser Heal being used.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Ceo-

Silt

Distinguished
Jun 29, 2005

On Tue, 6 Sep 2005 09:21:58 +0800, "Ceowulf" <ceo@NOSPAMii.ATALLnet>
wrote:

>Ok I've looked, I swear to god I've looked but I cannot find the hotkey for
>switching between weapons/spells anywhere. Yes you can switch the powers
>using the 0 and 9 key. But how do you switch between your spells and or
>weapon without having to click on it?

<snip>

This one is driving me crazy as well. So much so I've kinda put the
game on hold because it's so annoying. Can't really believe that
playtesting during alpha/beta never brought up the need for a hotkey
to switch between melee, ranged, and spells.

Silt

"Ceowulf" <ceo@NOSPAMii.ATALLnet> skrev i en meddelelse
> Ok I've looked, I swear to god I've looked but I cannot find the hotkey
for
> switching between weapons/spells anywhere. Yes you can switch the powers
> using the 0 and 9 key. But how do you switch between your spells and or
> weapon without having to click on it?

I think you can use F7-F11 and [ctrl] + F7-F11 to store. It's in the manual.

Frandsen wrote:
> "Ceowulf" <ceo@NOSPAMii.ATALLnet> skrev i en meddelelse
>> Ok I've looked, I swear to god I've looked but I cannot find the
>> hotkey for switching between weapons/spells anywhere. Yes you can
>> switch the powers using the 0 and 9 key. But how do you switch
>> between your spells and or weapon without having to click on it?
>
> I think you can use F7-F11 and [ctrl] + F7-F11 to store. It's in the
> manual.
>
>> And the last one thats driving me batty is trying to figure out if
>> there is a way to swap between the reserve spellbook and the active
>> one?

Interface/view/control issues that I noticed in the demo put me off the game
very early on.

--
chainbreaker

wrote:

>Ok I've looked, I swear to god I've looked but I cannot find the hotkey for
>switching between weapons/spells anywhere. Yes you can switch the powers
>using the 0 and 9 key. But how do you switch between your spells and or
>weapon without having to click on it?

I suspect you can't.

>And the last one thats driving me batty is trying to figure out if there is
>a way to swap between the reserve spellbook and the active one?

I doubt it, I think the reserve is just there as extra storage space.

>Anyone worked out how the character decides on which auto cast spell he will
>cast? Does he use Lesser Heal or Healing Rain? So far I've only seen the
>Lesser Heal being used.

The only time I've seen Healing Rain used is if either it was the only
autocast heal, or it was the active spell(which means no attacks).
--
Greg Johnson

"chainbreaker" <noone@nowhere.com> wrote in message
> Frandsen wrote:
>> "Ceowulf" <ceo@NOSPAMii.ATALLnet> skrev i en meddelelse
>>> Ok I've looked, I swear to god I've looked but I cannot find the
>>> hotkey for switching between weapons/spells anywhere. Yes you can
>>> switch the powers using the 0 and 9 key. But how do you switch
>>> between your spells and or weapon without having to click on it?
>>
>> I think you can use F7-F11 and [ctrl] + F7-F11 to store. It's in the
>> manual.
>>
>>> And the last one thats driving me batty is trying to figure out if
>>> there is a way to swap between the reserve spellbook and the active
>>> one?
>
> Interface/view/control issues that I noticed in the demo put me off the
> game very early on.

I noticed these commands in the manual but it just didn't click. Why in gods
name would they hotkey such actions on the high Fkeys as opposed to the
normal, and more typically D2 style.

Anyway, thanks Frandsen for the info.

I've given up on the game and am taking it back anyway, its just kind of
dull. Good luck to those who enjoy it, but D2 was definitely better.

Ceo-