SprintPCS plan changes coming again 5-16-04

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

IFrom what I have heard , it appears that Sprint PCS thinks that
business is so good that they will no longer have to give as many free
extras on their upper end plans ( 1800, 2500 ) as of 5-16-04 . Maybe
someone here can verify this . This comes only about a month after
they increased rates on these plans . If you have been considering one
of these palns about getting one of these plans and want those things
offered don't wait much longer .

Meanwhile, the of provider seem to be trending prices the opposite
way .
26 answers Last reply
More about sprintpcs plan coming
  1. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

    In article <40a344ac.2682001@news.myjoi.net>, nospam4me@nospam.com
    wrote:

    > From what I have heard ,


    And you heard this from who, what, where?


    > it appears that Sprint PCS thinks that
    > business is so good that they will no longer have to give as many free
    > extras on their upper end plans ( 1800, 2500 ) as of 5-16-04 . Maybe
    > someone here can verify this . This comes only about a month after
    > they increased rates on these plans . If you have been considering one
    > of these palns about getting one of these plans and want those things
    > offered don't wait much longer .
    >
    > Meanwhile, the of provider seem to be trending prices the opposite
    > way .
  2. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

    Anyone?


    nospam4me@nospam.com wrote:
    :: IFrom what I have heard , it appears that Sprint PCS thinks that
    :: business is so good that they will no longer have to give as many
    :: free extras on their upper end plans ( 1800, 2500 ) as of 5-16-04 .
    :: Maybe someone here can verify this . This comes only about a month
    :: after they increased rates on these plans . If you have been
    :: considering one of these palns about getting one of these plans and
    :: want those things offered don't wait much longer .
    ::
    :: Meanwhile, the of provider seem to be trending prices the opposite
    :: way .
  3. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

    silence

    > Anyone?
    >
    >
    >
    > nospam4me@nospam.com wrote:
    >:: IFrom what I have heard , it appears that Sprint PCS thinks that
    >:: business is so good that they will no longer have to give as many
    >:: free extras on their upper end plans ( 1800, 2500 ) as of 5-16-04 .
    >:: Maybe someone here can verify this . This comes only about a month
    >:: after they increased rates on these plans . If you have been
    >:: considering one of these palns about getting one of these plans and
    >:: want those things offered don't wait much longer .
    >::
    >:: Meanwhile, the of provider seem to be trending prices the opposite
    >:: way .
    >
    >
    >
  4. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

    Hint - take a look at some of the Cellular / Wireless forums /
    discussion websites .

    On Sat, 15 May 2004 03:03:27 GMT, Me <me@noopmm.com,> wrote:

    >silence
    >
    >> Anyone?
    >>
    >>
    >>
    >> nospam4me@nospam.com wrote:
    >>:: IFrom what I have heard , it appears that Sprint PCS thinks that
    >>:: business is so good that they will no longer have to give as many
    >>:: free extras on their upper end plans ( 1800, 2500 ) as of 5-16-04 .
    >>:: Maybe someone here can verify this . This comes only about a month
    >>:: after they increased rates on these plans . If you have been
    >>:: considering one of these palns about getting one of these plans and
    >>:: want those things offered don't wait much longer .
    >>::
    >>:: Meanwhile, the of provider seem to be trending prices the opposite
    >>:: way .
    >>
    >>
    >>
    >
  5. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

    > From what I have heard , it appears that Sprint
    > PCS thinks that business is so good that they will
    > no longer have to give as many free
    > extras on their upper end plans


    Obviously is a major real or effective price increase, (IMHO) otherwise the
    SprintPCS employees would have invoked their double standard about
    confidentiality.

    If they think its good news, they leak it (SMS, "Fair and Flexible", T608 are
    examples). If its bad news, like a price increase, then they are very silent,
    and "I have to keep it confidential" is the response.

    Notice we had no "Mother's Day" specials this year as had been the case in
    previous years.

    http://www3.sprint.com/PR/CDA/PR_CDA_Press_Releases_Detail/0,3681,990,00.html
  6. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

    In article <20040515085439.22325.00000961@mb-m19.aol.com>, nebby00007
    @aol.com says...
    > If they think its good news, they leak it (SMS, "Fair and Flexible", T608 are
    > examples). If its bad news, like a price increase, then they are very silent,
    > and "I have to keep it confidential" is the response.
    >

    For such a prolific liar, you're certainly not very good at it.

    Fact is, some of those changes are true. Some genius in marketing
    seems to think PCS2PCS is best sold to corporations as a free add-on.
    It's still available on all plans. Just not for free. That's only
    for corporate-purchased accounts.

    To put it bluntly, it looks like quite a job of corporate sabotage.

    --
    RØß
    O/Siris
    I work for Sprint PCS
    I *don't* speak for them
  7. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

    > For such a prolific liar

    The disgrace of SprintPCS is still continuing to make this newsgroup uncivil
    with his insults.
  8. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

    -----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
    Hash: SHA1

    Phillip <Phillip@gte.net> wrote:
    >> For such a prolific liar
    >
    > The disgrace of SprintPCS is still continuing to make this newsgroup uncivil
    > with his insults.

    Then quit LYING and nobody will be forced to respond in this manner.

    - --

    Thomas T. Veldhouse
    Key Fingerprint: 2DB9 813F F510 82C2 E1AE 34D0 D69D 1EDC D5EC AED1

    -----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
    Version: GnuPG v1.2.4 (FreeBSD)

    iD8DBQFAqLmY1p0e3NXsrtERAhX7AKCK+YukDMGDN9GgqmJ9XzogO6VkLgCfblLp
    yELfuA6w8LFWDwku6xvzSp4=
    =W9nD
    -----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
  9. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

    Veldhouse, the disgrace of USENET. Never saw a post he couldn't insult about.
  10. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

    I really is too bad that they are on this trend taking the value out
    of their plans. I agree it with your comments .


    >Fact is, some of those changes are true. Some genius in marketing=20
    >seems to think PCS2PCS is best sold to corporations as a free add-on. =20
    >It's still available on all plans. Just not for free. That's only=20
    >for corporate-purchased accounts.
    >
    >To put it bluntly, it looks like quite a job of corporate sabotage.
    >
    >--=20
    >R=D8=DF
    >O/Siris
    >I work for Sprint PCS
    >I *don't* speak for them
  11. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

    In article <40a9f217.41293689@news.myjoi.net>, nospam4me@nospam.com
    wrote:

    > I really is too bad that they are on this trend taking the value out
    > of their plans. I agree it with your comments .
    >
    >
    > >Fact is, some of those changes are true. Some genius in marketing=20
    > >seems to think PCS2PCS is best sold to corporations as a free add-on. =20
    > >It's still available on all plans. Just not for free. That's only=20
    > >for corporate-purchased accounts.
    > >
    > >To put it bluntly, it looks like quite a job of corporate sabotage.
    > >
    > >--=20
    > >R=D8=DF
    > >O/Siris
    > >I work for Sprint PCS
    > >I *don't* speak for them

    Verizon is giving away mobile to mobile now as its IN promotion, and
    simultaneously SprintPCS takes away its free mobile to mobile. Is Sprint
    determined to remain a WLNP loser by this corporate sabotage?


    and then no free Vision with the $100 plan any longer.
  12. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

    -----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
    Hash: SHA1

    Phillip <Phillip@gte.net> wrote:
    > Veldhouse, the disgrace of USENET. Never saw a post he couldn't insult about.

    Get a clue Phillip. You hide behind aliases and you edit postings to
    suit your needs and support your FUD. Again, I offer you the
    opportunity to leave here and never return [under any alias]. I will,
    in return, do the same. I am willing to sacrifice for the greater good
    of this group ... but you continually ignore my offering as any troll
    would.

    - --

    Thomas T. Veldhouse
    Key Fingerprint: 2DB9 813F F510 82C2 E1AE 34D0 D69D 1EDC D5EC AED1

    -----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
    Version: GnuPG v1.2.4 (FreeBSD)

    iD8DBQFAqg+s1p0e3NXsrtERAjTNAKC+EfsgNS07zNYlGR2Hl6umZfsJHACfXCP5
    XhGsDcE61+z2VTuItors2oc=
    =TR9g
    -----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
  13. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

    > I offer you the opportunity to leave here and
    > never return

    I offer you the opportunity to grow up, stop cursing, and stop trying to run
    this newsgroup.

    Any post you dont like or disagree with is a lie, a troll or an obscentity. You
    are a disgrace to USENET.
  14. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

    rmarkoff@yahoo.com (Røbert M) wrote:
    <<Verizon is giving away mobile to mobile now as its IN promotion, and
    simultaneously SprintPCS takes away its free mobile to mobile. Is Sprint
    determined to remain a WLNP loser by this corporate sabotage?
    and then no free Vision with the $100 plan any longer.>>

    Add to that the fact that the pricing for the Fair and Flexible program
    is very high in comparison to the regular plans. It may help someone
    who deals with lots of overages, but the literature is very confusing,
    and to the uninformed eye... looks like Sprint's pricing plans are
    extremely expensive.

    Eric
  15. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

    Nebby00007 wrote:

    >> I offer you the opportunity to leave here and
    >>never return
    >
    >
    > I offer you the opportunity to grow up, stop cursing, and stop trying to run
    > this newsgroup.
    >
    > Any post you dont like or disagree with is a lie, a troll or an obscentity. You
    > are a disgrace to USENET.

    And any post you don't like you either attack the poster as an
    apologist or you post another silly troll faq as a response .
    your a disgrace as well.
    you yelp about how others are trying to moderate the group and then try
    to control what and how they post.
    Hypocrite.
    If you'd stay with one ID and stop the B.S. post's you'd actually be a
    good contributor to this group.
  16. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

    In article <rBpqc.176$Tn6.98@newsread1.news.pas.earthlink.net>
    NNTP-Posting-Host: 4.226.105.34,
    sender <sender01@earthlink.net> wrote:

    > And any post you don't like

    I post URLs and previous posts. Sorry the apologists get upset when I
    remind them of previous posts.


    And you are who???
  17. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

    In article <rmarkoff-D0EE4B.06371418052004
    @news06.east.earthlink.net>, rmarkoff@yahoo.com says...
    >
    > Verizon is giving away mobile to mobile now as its IN promotion, and
    > simultaneously SprintPCS takes away its free mobile to mobile. Is Sprint
    > determined to remain a WLNP loser by this corporate sabotage?
    >

    Just to be accurate, PCS2PCS isn't being taken away. It's just not
    available for free any longer.

    Doesn't change the conclusion, just what's actually happening. I
    also think you're jumping the gun on declaring SPCS a "loser" under
    WLNP. We certainly weren't a winner, though, and I don't think we
    really expected to be so.

    >
    > and then no free Vision with the $100 plan any longer.
    >

    I hear we couldn't afford both free options any longer, free 1st
    shared subscription and free Vision. Free subscription was deemed
    more important to the customer.


    --
    RØß
    O/Siris
    I work for Sprint PCS
    I *don't* speak for them
  18. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

    -----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
    Hash: SHA1

    Phillip <Phillip@gte.net> wrote:
    >
    >> And any post you don't like
    >
    > I post URLs and previous posts. Sorry the apologists get upset when I
    > remind them of previous posts.
    >
    >
    > And you are who???

    Pot ... kettle ... black.

    - --

    Thomas T. Veldhouse
    Key Fingerprint: 2DB9 813F F510 82C2 E1AE 34D0 D69D 1EDC D5EC AED1

    -----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
    Version: GnuPG v1.2.4 (FreeBSD)

    iD8DBQFAqk8D1p0e3NXsrtERAi/zAKCT0CcW3rLXZNrPKUXCsodIGjTDYQCgkK2R
    PbA4ZsOCsjSAkErVBwrQSy8=
    =B7pu
    -----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
  19. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

    "Eric" <caperenewal@webtv.net> wrote in message
    news:6876-40AA6602-206@storefull-3232.bay.webtv.net...
    rmarkoff@yahoo.com (Røbert M) wrote:
    <<Verizon is giving away mobile to mobile now as its IN promotion, and
    simultaneously SprintPCS takes away its free mobile to mobile. Is Sprint
    determined to remain a WLNP loser by this corporate sabotage?
    and then no free Vision with the $100 plan any longer.>>

    Add to that the fact that the pricing for the Fair and Flexible program
    is very high in comparison to the regular plans. It may help someone
    who deals with lots of overages, but the literature is very confusing,
    and to the uninformed eye... looks like Sprint's pricing plans are
    extremely expensive.

    -------------------------------------------------------------------

    No, it's not there to help people who have a lot of overage, but those folks
    who have the occasional overage. If someone is continually going over their
    monthly plan AT minutes, then they need to bump up to the next level.

    Bob
  20. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

    In article <6876-40AA6602-206@storefull-3232.bay.webtv.net>,
    caperenewal@webtv.net (Eric) wrote:

    > rmarkoff@yahoo.com (Røbert M) wrote:
    > <<Verizon is giving away mobile to mobile now as its IN promotion, and
    > simultaneously SprintPCS takes away its free mobile to mobile. Is Sprint
    > determined to remain a WLNP loser by this corporate sabotage?
    > and then no free Vision with the $100 plan any longer.>>
    >
    > Add to that the fact that the pricing for the Fair and Flexible program
    > is very high in comparison to the regular plans. It may help someone
    > who deals with lots of overages, but the literature is very confusing,
    > and to the uninformed eye... looks like Sprint's pricing plans are
    > extremely expensive.

    I can only assume that they expect to be raking in dough from AT&T
    and feel they can step their pricing up.
  21. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

    -----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
    Hash: SHA1

    Eric <caperenewal@webtv.net> wrote:
    >
    > Add to that the fact that the pricing for the Fair and Flexible program
    > is very high in comparison to the regular plans. It may help someone
    > who deals with lots of overages, but the literature is very confusing,
    > and to the uninformed eye... looks like Sprint's pricing plans are
    > extremely expensive.
    >
    > Eric
    >

    Before anybody signs a contract with anybody, they should do due
    diligence. As far as first impression, yes, for a regular user (meaning
    somebody who uses airtime in a consistant manner) it is an expensive way
    to go. However, for somebody who bounces around between 200 minutes and
    500 minutes, it could be very useful. The regular plans are available,
    so Sprint PCS is simply offering an additional choice. Choice is what
    it is all about. I certainly hope that Sprint PCS would be offering a
    service they can make money on ... which certainly explains its cost ...
    flexiblity comes at a cost.

    - --

    Thomas T. Veldhouse
    Key Fingerprint: 2DB9 813F F510 82C2 E1AE 34D0 D69D 1EDC D5EC AED1

    -----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
    Version: GnuPG v1.2.4 (FreeBSD)

    iD8DBQFAqooI1p0e3NXsrtERAtbQAKCSCOo6MDeYBs2Rflit5L6HQwKPkgCeMKM+
    tlaK/LJmV6GhEpOGYVL/cDY=
    =uChe
    -----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
  22. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

    (Thomas T. Veldhouse) wrote:
    <<Before anybody signs a contract with anybody, they should do due
    diligence. As far as first impression, yes, for a regular user (meaning
    somebody who uses airtime in a consistant manner) it is an expensive way
    to go. However, for somebody who bounces around between 200 minutes and
    500 minutes, it could be very useful. The regular plans are available,
    so Sprint PCS is simply offering an additional choice. Choice is what it
    is all about.>>

    I absolutely agree. My only concern is that stores (both Sprint and
    third party vendors) will push F&F far more than the regular plans, thus
    turning off potential high-end customers with seemingly expensive rates.
    The Radio Shack I was in today didn't have the regular pricing brochures
    in plain sight, but had the new F&F ones everywhere one would look. I
    hope in future F&F brochures there is a line added in that states that
    Sprint still has regular fixed minute plans for users to decide from as
    well if F&F is not what they are looking for.

    Eric
  23. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

    -----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
    Hash: SHA1

    R?bert M <rmarkoff@yahoo.com> wrote:
    >
    > I can only assume that they expect to be raking in dough from AT&T
    > and feel they can step their pricing up.

    You know what they say about "assume"ing anything. Your comment, in
    context of this thread, would make sense if and only if Sprint PCS had
    removed the other plan options, but they did not.

    - --

    Thomas T. Veldhouse
    Key Fingerprint: 2DB9 813F F510 82C2 E1AE 34D0 D69D 1EDC D5EC AED1

    -----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
    Version: GnuPG v1.2.4 (FreeBSD)

    iD8DBQFAqopv1p0e3NXsrtERAh7OAKCIGbSEVj6GwoteOCCf3Hnjdl2G4ACeIKE6
    76wF9+W6t2yBP1M1dqq6GFQ=
    =rXwv
    -----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
  24. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

    -----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
    Hash: SHA1

    Eric <caperenewal@webtv.net> wrote:
    >
    > I absolutely agree. My only concern is that stores (both Sprint and
    > third party vendors) will push F&F far more than the regular plans, thus
    > turning off potential high-end customers with seemingly expensive rates.
    > The Radio Shack I was in today didn't have the regular pricing brochures
    > in plain sight, but had the new F&F ones everywhere one would look. I
    > hope in future F&F brochures there is a line added in that states that
    > Sprint still has regular fixed minute plans for users to decide from as
    > well if F&F is not what they are looking for.
    >
    > Eric
    >

    OK, now you are laying blame for what Sprint PCS has not even done. And
    that is to make the assumption that they will *push* F&F far more than
    other plans. Again, it is unfair to judge a company by what you think
    they will do, especially, since there is no precedence for this. But,
    put that aside for a moment. There is NOTHING wrong about them pushing
    a new plan. Nothing. Sales is sales, that is what saleman do. Buyers
    are buyers and it is up to them to know what they are buying. Being
    misled is one thing, but to buy something because one didn't take the
    time to be informed, and to sign a contract, is plain and pure
    stupidity. Have you ever walked into a car dealer (excluding Saturn)
    and been pushed by the saleman to buy the favorite clearance model?
    What is the difference?

    - --

    Thomas T. Veldhouse
    Key Fingerprint: 2DB9 813F F510 82C2 E1AE 34D0 D69D 1EDC D5EC AED1

    -----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
    Version: GnuPG v1.2.4 (FreeBSD)

    iD8DBQFAqqWe1p0e3NXsrtERAhi2AJ4xpzir7BwhCQ5k8gLyEV96SjUu1ACgmSE9
    hixmjkASv43GpldKICW/GZ8=
    =tg7z
    -----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
  25. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

    Thomas T. Veldhouse wrote:

    > -----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
    > Hash: SHA1
    >
    > Phillip <Phillip@gte.net> wrote:
    >
    >>> And any post you don't like
    >>
    >>I post URLs and previous posts. Sorry the apologists get upset when I
    >>remind them of previous posts.
    >>
    >>
    >>And you are who???
    >
    >
    > Pot ... kettle ... black.


    Yeah , Fill, Nubby and cat up ass as well as other alias's I don't think
    even he can keep up with it .
    Funny how he will question others but thinks nothing of changing names
    several times a day himself.
    What a nut.
  26. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

    In article <767-40AAA0B0-729@storefull-3233.bay.webtv.net>,
    caperenewal@webtv.net says...
    >
    > I absolutely agree. My only concern is that stores (both Sprint and
    > third party vendors) will push F&F far more than the regular plans, thus
    > turning off potential high-end customers with seemingly expensive rates.
    > The Radio Shack I was in today didn't have the regular pricing brochures
    > in plain sight, but had the new F&F ones everywhere one would look. I
    > hope in future F&F brochures there is a line added in that states that
    > Sprint still has regular fixed minute plans for users to decide from as
    > well if F&F is not what they are looking for.
    >

    Unfortunately, that's exactly the strategy. Free&Clear will now be
    emphasized as a business/corporate plan, and Fair&Flexible will be
    the primary consumer/individual offering.

    And I don't like it.

    --
    RØß
    O/Siris
    I work for Sprint PCS
    I *don't* speak for them
Ask a new question

Read More

Sprint PCS Internet Service Providers Product