SprintPCS plan changes coming again 5-16-04

IFrom what I have heard , it appears that Sprint PCS thinks that
business is so good that they will no longer have to give as many free
extras on their upper end plans ( 1800, 2500 ) as of 5-16-04 . Maybe
someone here can verify this . This comes only about a month after
they increased rates on these plans . If you have been considering one
of these palns about getting one of these plans and want those things
offered don't wait much longer .

Meanwhile, the of provider seem to be trending prices the opposite
way .

In article <40a344ac.2682001@news.myjoi.net>, nospam4me@nospam.com
wrote:

> From what I have heard ,

And you heard this from who, what, where?

> it appears that Sprint PCS thinks that
> business is so good that they will no longer have to give as many free
> extras on their upper end plans ( 1800, 2500 ) as of 5-16-04 . Maybe
> someone here can verify this . This comes only about a month after
> they increased rates on these plans . If you have been considering one
> of these palns about getting one of these plans and want those things
> offered don't wait much longer .
>
> Meanwhile, the of provider seem to be trending prices the opposite
> way .

rod

Anyone?

nospam4me@nospam.com wrote:
:: IFrom what I have heard , it appears that Sprint PCS thinks that
:: business is so good that they will no longer have to give as many
:: free extras on their upper end plans ( 1800, 2500 ) as of 5-16-04 .
:: Maybe someone here can verify this . This comes only about a month
:: after they increased rates on these plans . If you have been
:: considering one of these palns about getting one of these plans and
:: want those things offered don't wait much longer .
::
:: Meanwhile, the of provider seem to be trending prices the opposite
:: way .

ME

silence

> Anyone?
>

> nospam4me@nospam.com wrote:
>:: IFrom what I have heard , it appears that Sprint PCS thinks that
>:: business is so good that they will no longer have to give as many
>:: free extras on their upper end plans ( 1800, 2500 ) as of 5-16-04 .
>:: Maybe someone here can verify this . This comes only about a month
>:: after they increased rates on these plans . If you have been
>:: considering one of these palns about getting one of these plans and
>:: want those things offered don't wait much longer .
>::
>:: Meanwhile, the of provider seem to be trending prices the opposite
>:: way .

Hint - take a look at some of the Cellular / Wireless forums /
discussion websites .

On Sat, 15 May 2004 03:03:27 GMT, Me <me@noopmm.com,> wrote:

>silence
>
>> Anyone?
>>

>> nospam4me@nospam.com wrote:
>>:: IFrom what I have heard , it appears that Sprint PCS thinks that
>>:: business is so good that they will no longer have to give as many
>>:: free extras on their upper end plans ( 1800, 2500 ) as of 5-16-04 .
>>:: Maybe someone here can verify this . This comes only about a month
>>:: after they increased rates on these plans . If you have been
>>:: considering one of these palns about getting one of these plans and
>>:: want those things offered don't wait much longer .
>>::
>>:: Meanwhile, the of provider seem to be trending prices the opposite
>>:: way .

> From what I have heard , it appears that Sprint
> PCS thinks that business is so good that they will
> no longer have to give as many free
> extras on their upper end plans

Obviously is a major real or effective price increase, (IMHO) otherwise the
SprintPCS employees would have invoked their double standard about
confidentiality.

If they think its good news, they leak it (SMS, "Fair and Flexible", T608 are
examples). If its bad news, like a price increase, then they are very silent,
and "I have to keep it confidential" is the response.

Notice we had no "Mother's Day" specials this year as had been the case in
previous years.

http://www3.sprint.com/PR/CDA/PR_CDA_Press_Releases_Detail/0,3681,990,00.html

In article <20040515085439.22325.00000961@mb-m19.aol.com>, nebby00007
@aol.com says...
> If they think its good news, they leak it (SMS, "Fair and Flexible", T608 are
> examples). If its bad news, like a price increase, then they are very silent,
> and "I have to keep it confidential" is the response.

For such a prolific liar, you're certainly not very good at it.

Fact is, some of those changes are true. Some genius in marketing
seems to think PCS2PCS is best sold to corporations as a free add-on.
It's still available on all plans. Just not for free. That's only
for corporate-purchased accounts.

To put it bluntly, it looks like quite a job of corporate sabotage.

--
RØß
O/Siris

> For such a prolific liar

The disgrace of SprintPCS is still continuing to make this newsgroup uncivil
with his insults.

Veldhouse, the disgrace of USENET. Never saw a post he couldn't insult about.

I really is too bad that they are on this trend taking the value out
of their plans. I agree it with your comments .

In article <40a9f217.41293689@news.myjoi.net>, nospam4me@nospam.com
wrote:

> I really is too bad that they are on this trend taking the value out
> of their plans. I agree it with your comments .
>

> >Fact is, some of those changes are true. Some genius in marketing=20
> >seems to think PCS2PCS is best sold to corporations as a free add-on. =20
> >It's still available on all plans. Just not for free. That's only=20
> >for corporate-purchased accounts.
> >
> >To put it bluntly, it looks like quite a job of corporate sabotage.
> >
> >--=20
> >R=D8=DF
> >O/Siris
> >I work for Sprint PCS
> >I *don't* speak for them

Verizon is giving away mobile to mobile now as its IN promotion, and
simultaneously SprintPCS takes away its free mobile to mobile. Is Sprint
determined to remain a WLNP loser by this corporate sabotage?

and then no free Vision with the $100 plan any longer.

> I offer you the opportunity to leave here and
> never return

I offer you the opportunity to grow up, stop cursing, and stop trying to run
this newsgroup.

Any post you dont like or disagree with is a lie, a troll or an obscentity. You
are a disgrace to USENET.

Eric

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

rmarkoff@yahoo.com (Røbert M) wrote:
<<Verizon is giving away mobile to mobile now as its IN promotion, and
simultaneously SprintPCS takes away its free mobile to mobile. Is Sprint
determined to remain a WLNP loser by this corporate sabotage?
and then no free Vision with the $100 plan any longer.>>

Add to that the fact that the pricing for the Fair and Flexible program
is very high in comparison to the regular plans. It may help someone
who deals with lots of overages, but the literature is very confusing,
and to the uninformed eye... looks like Sprint's pricing plans are
extremely expensive.

Eric

Nebby00007 wrote:

>> I offer you the opportunity to leave here and
>>never return
>

> I offer you the opportunity to grow up, stop cursing, and stop trying to run
> this newsgroup.
>
> Any post you dont like or disagree with is a lie, a troll or an obscentity. You
> are a disgrace to USENET.

And any post you don't like you either attack the poster as an
apologist or you post another silly troll faq as a response .
your a disgrace as well.
you yelp about how others are trying to moderate the group and then try
to control what and how they post.
Hypocrite.
If you'd stay with one ID and stop the B.S. post's you'd actually be a
good contributor to this group.

In article <rBpqc.176$Tn6.98@newsread1.news.pas.earthlink.net>
sender <sender01@earthlink.net> wrote:

> And any post you don't like

I post URLs and previous posts. Sorry the apologists get upset when I
remind them of previous posts.

And you are who???

In article <rmarkoff-D0EE4B.06371418052004
@news06.east.earthlink.net>, rmarkoff@yahoo.com says...

> Verizon is giving away mobile to mobile now as its IN promotion, and
> simultaneously SprintPCS takes away its free mobile to mobile. Is Sprint
> determined to remain a WLNP loser by this corporate sabotage?

Just to be accurate, PCS2PCS isn't being taken away. It's just not
available for free any longer.

Doesn't change the conclusion, just what's actually happening. I
also think you're jumping the gun on declaring SPCS a "loser" under
WLNP. We certainly weren't a winner, though, and I don't think we
really expected to be so.

> and then no free Vision with the $100 plan any longer.

I hear we couldn't afford both free options any longer, free 1st
shared subscription and free Vision. Free subscription was deemed
more important to the customer.

--
RØß
O/Siris

"Eric" <caperenewal@webtv.net> wrote in message
rmarkoff@yahoo.com (Røbert M) wrote:
<<Verizon is giving away mobile to mobile now as its IN promotion, and
simultaneously SprintPCS takes away its free mobile to mobile. Is Sprint
determined to remain a WLNP loser by this corporate sabotage?
and then no free Vision with the $100 plan any longer.>>

Add to that the fact that the pricing for the Fair and Flexible program
is very high in comparison to the regular plans. It may help someone
who deals with lots of overages, but the literature is very confusing,
and to the uninformed eye... looks like Sprint's pricing plans are
extremely expensive.

No, it's not there to help people who have a lot of overage, but those folks
who have the occasional overage. If someone is continually going over their
monthly plan AT minutes, then they need to bump up to the next level.

Bob

In article <6876-40AA6602-206@storefull-3232.bay.webtv.net>,
caperenewal@webtv.net (Eric) wrote:

> rmarkoff@yahoo.com (Røbert M) wrote:
> <<Verizon is giving away mobile to mobile now as its IN promotion, and
> simultaneously SprintPCS takes away its free mobile to mobile. Is Sprint
> determined to remain a WLNP loser by this corporate sabotage?
> and then no free Vision with the $100 plan any longer.>>
>
> Add to that the fact that the pricing for the Fair and Flexible program
> is very high in comparison to the regular plans. It may help someone
> who deals with lots of overages, but the literature is very confusing,
> and to the uninformed eye... looks like Sprint's pricing plans are
> extremely expensive.

I can only assume that they expect to be raking in dough from AT&T
and feel they can step their pricing up.

Eric

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

(Thomas T. Veldhouse) wrote:
<<Before anybody signs a contract with anybody, they should do due
diligence. As far as first impression, yes, for a regular user (meaning
somebody who uses airtime in a consistant manner) it is an expensive way
to go. However, for somebody who bounces around between 200 minutes and
500 minutes, it could be very useful. The regular plans are available,
so Sprint PCS is simply offering an additional choice. Choice is what it
is all about.>>

I absolutely agree. My only concern is that stores (both Sprint and
third party vendors) will push F&F far more than the regular plans, thus
turning off potential high-end customers with seemingly expensive rates.
The Radio Shack I was in today didn't have the regular pricing brochures
in plain sight, but had the new F&F ones everywhere one would look. I
hope in future F&F brochures there is a line added in that states that
Sprint still has regular fixed minute plans for users to decide from as
well if F&F is not what they are looking for.

Eric