Alex Mars wrote:
> I ran across this article about the development of DX3. There are no
> details unfortunately. I can't tell when this was posted.
>
> http://www.gamekult.com/tout/jeux/fiches/J000062866.html
>
> Oh yeah, it's in French.

IIRC, Project Snowblind was originally slated to be Deus Ex 3, and
ended up a separate project because of licensing issues, _not_ quality
concerns.

Based on that, I'm not expecting too much for Deus Ex 3. I hope it'll
be a decent shooter. If it's anything more than that, I'll be rather
surprised.

Laszlo

Andrew

On 6 Sep 2005 20:47:35 -0700, "Alex Mars" <demiurge@alexmars.com>
wrote:

>I ran across this article about the development of DX3. There are no
>details unfortunately. I can't tell when this was posted.

The only positive I can think is that at least after the still born
DE2, things can only get better.

>http://www.gamekult.com/tout/jeux/fiches/J000062866.html
>
>Oh yeah, it's in French.

Translation by Babelfish:
"In an interview granted to our English fellow-members of CVG, Warren
Spector - lead designer at Ion Storm Austin - officially announced
that the third episode of the series Deus Ex was right now under
development in the studios texans. A good news for the fans, even if
one does not have unfortunately yet precise details on this next
grinding which one will name for the moment Deus Ex 3. It is hoped in
any case that does not predict an anticipated end of the second opus
with a "to Be continued" badly placed. The response to February 2004,
date of exit of Deus Ex: Invisible War in our green regions."

On Wed, 7 Sep 2005, Andrew wrote:

> "In an interview granted to our English fellow-members of CVG, Warren
> Spector - lead designer at Ion Storm Austin - officially announced
> that the third episode of the series Deus Ex was right now under
> development in the studios texans. A good news for the fans, even if

I think this is a little bit old as AFAIK Ion Storm Austin was closed some
time ago and after the bad reception of DX:IW I never heard from a sequel.

On Wed, 7 Sep 2005 chaoslight@gmail.com wrote:

> IIRC, Project Snowblind was originally slated to be Deus Ex 3, and
> ended up a separate project because of licensing issues, _not_ quality
> concerns.

Project Snowblind was a run-of-the-mill linear shooter who only used some
of the gadgets of the Deus Ex world and nothing more. I would call this
quality concerns ;).

> Based on that, I'm not expecting too much for Deus Ex 3. I hope it'll
> be a decent shooter. If it's anything more than that, I'll be rather
> surprised.

So is there any *real* evidence that DX3 is actually been made?

Quoth The Raven: Werner Spahl <spahl@cup.uni-muenchen.de> in
Pine.LNX.4.58.0509071027050.19697@localhost
> On Wed, 7 Sep 2005, Andrew wrote:
>
>> "In an interview granted to our English fellow-members of CVG, Warren
>> Spector - lead designer at Ion Storm Austin - officially announced
>> that the third episode of the series Deus Ex was right now under
>> development in the studios texans. A good news for the fans, even if
>
> I think this is a little bit old as AFAIK Ion Storm Austin was closed
> some time ago and after the bad reception of DX:IW I never heard from
> a sequel.

and didnt Spector quit?

--
People are wrong when they say opera is not what it used to be. It is
what it used to be. That is what's wrong with it. - Noel Coward

Take out the _CURSING to reply to me

> and didnt Spector quit?

Spector's now working on a MMO.

*cries*

-Moa Dragon

--
Ma Boîte de Réception est protégée par SPAMfighter
1552 e-mails spam ont été bloqués jusqu'à maintenant.