Sign in with
Your question

TV2000 XP? Deluxe? Expert? What to choose?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
February 19, 2003 7:07:50 AM

I want to get a tv tuner, I have Leadtek WinFast TV2000 XP in mind but I found that there are three models: WinFast TV2000 XP, WinFast TV2000 XP Deluxe, and WinFast TV2000 XP Expert. So what are the differences between these three models? Any user input here?

My PC has gone to hell... because it's a killing machine...
February 19, 2003 1:16:41 PM

The expert is the HDTV version, so I doubt you'd need it. I've read that most people are buying the deluxe but don't know what the difference is. On the plus side, the Deluxe sells for under $100 CAD, which means under $70 US. Yes, I have been thinking of getting one, for editing video and uping my VHS tapes to SVCD or VCD.
February 19, 2003 1:30:53 PM

Yeah, but most retailer are selling the non-deluxe model because it's cheaper. The bundled software seems attractive but not a "must get". So if basically the difference is only the bundle software then I'll go for non-deluxe model for cheaper price. Anyone know if there is any other differences between deluxe and non-deluxe model beside the bundled software?

Related resources
February 19, 2003 2:52:12 PM

I just bought the deluxe and it works very well. I have had zero problems with it and the included software seems to be fairly powerful. Capture is good in AVI. It comes with a remote, which I liked, and it is on sale at newegg for 56.00 dollars shipped. FOr 56 dollars US you can't go wrong with this card. Check out <A HREF="http://www.VCDhelp.com" target="_new">http://www.VCDhelp.com&lt;/A> for others comments on thsi card.

Let's all settle our political differences with a LAN.
February 20, 2003 7:37:07 AM

I'll go for the deluxe version. I've found out that the non-deluxe version doesn't have the tv stereo function while deluxe have. Thanks guys.

February 20, 2003 1:31:49 PM

Make sure you tell us how it works, because I might be getting one at some point.
February 27, 2003 1:31:01 AM

Last week I tried a Pinnacle PCTV Pro and had problems with the audio and video not in synch. I messed with PCI slots and IRQ and couldn't make it work right so I returned it. Now I installed a WinFast TV 2000 XP Deluxe ($57 at Newegg), and the picture quality looks superior to the (more expensive) Pinnacle. The video recording is sharp at MPEG2 and 640x480, and no lost frames with a 1.3 Duron. While the audio is fine with live viewing, the recorded audio is noisy, but I can only seem to find MPGEP1 audio compresion in the menus, while the box says the software supports MP3. I plan to download the latest software from LEadtek, but hadn't yet. Overall the Tv2000XP Deluxe seems a great deal, and I've had no compatibility problems.
February 27, 2003 4:10:57 PM

hmmmm.....IMO the sound recording have to do more
with your sound card instead of the tuner card
or maybe because of the lack of codec's on your
system.
I own a tv2000xp and in my case....
a wide range of codec is supported for video
recording, and all kinds of compressed formate
for audio are all showen in the options menu
had an audio issue with tv cable connect directly
to the card but was solved by getting a VCR and
go around

personally...I like the card because now it works
fine, and connect my lil NGC on it is just perfect
(I still like the Resident Evil 1 on GC better than
others)

If you know you are stupid.
The least thing you can do is to SHUT UP.
So people don't know how stupid you are.
Or even better, they might think you are
COOL and SMART
February 27, 2003 6:42:56 PM

Can the Deluxe record 720*480 NTSC ?
February 28, 2003 8:08:11 PM

I am very pleased with mine as well...

The only way France is going in is if we tell them we've discovered truffles in Iraq. -Dennis Miller
March 1, 2003 2:03:59 AM

Yes, 720x480 and 720x576 are options under MPEG2 codec.
March 1, 2003 2:40:47 AM

Well if I select any other video codec than MPEG1 or MPEG2, then there's lots of audio codecs listed, including MP3. I don't have a sound card just an integrated SIS 7012 audio (cheapo). When I record FM music with MP3 codec, it's quite good quality. So I suspect that the default MPEG1 Audio-layer II audio codec that is all that shows up as an option when I select MPEG2 video recording is just not very good compression. The live audio quality is quite good, and so is the recorded MP3 FM (even with just a cheap integrated audio).
March 4, 2003 1:59:41 AM

which is it´s max capture resolution?
March 5, 2003 1:16:12 AM

720x576 max, but you'll need a powerful processor since the codecs are software based.
March 5, 2003 10:42:07 AM

HELP!
I've got Deluxe but now I can't install the driver! I put in the CD when the hardware wizard shows up but it can't detect any driver for it, I'm totally lost now...
My system:
AMD Athlon XP 2600+
Asus A7N8X Deluxe
256MB Kingston PC2700 x2
Hercules 3D Prophet 9700 Pro
Leadtek WinFast TV2000 XP Deluxe (Driver v.30130)
Windows XP Pro SP1 with DirectX 9.0 (could this be the problem?)

*I purchase the 9700 Pro in Singapore and the TV Tuner at Australia, does this matter?

My PC has gone to hell... because it's a killing machine...<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by TKH on 03/05/03 09:43 PM.</EM></FONT></P>
March 8, 2003 2:15:15 PM

I had problems with DirectX 9.0, and I also had the SDK installed which had some code in debug version. I had to go back to DX 8.1 (first experience w/XP system restore, worked great). Hope you noted when you installed 9.0 so you can go back, as far as I know you can't just uninstall 9.0 - I used system restore. After going back to 8.1, it worked fine.
!