Might and Magic: Dark Messiah

from what I've read so far this looks like it will be a good fps rpg

--
I em a wuunderfull spelur, I tipe vari gud two

Take out the _CURSING to reply to me

On that special day, Highlandish, (ckreskay_CURSING@dodo.com.au)
said...

> from what I've read so far this looks like it will be a good fps rpg

Much FPS, little rpg.

Gabriele Neukam

Gabriele.Spamfighter.Neukam@t-online.de

just so, at no cost.

On Thu, 8 Sep 2005 17:39:26 +1000, "Highlandish"
<ckreskay_CURSING@dodo.com.au> mumbled something like:

>from what I've read so far this looks like it will be a good fps rpg

I question how much 'rpg' though, form what I have heard so far it
doesn't sees like 99% fps and 1% rpg.

On Thu, 08 Sep 2005 10:28:14 -0400, Big McLargehuge <noone@spamme.com>
mumbled something like:

>On Thu, 8 Sep 2005 17:39:26 +1000, "Highlandish"
><ckreskay_CURSING@dodo.com.au> mumbled something like:
>
>>from what I've read so far this looks like it will be a good fps rpg
>
>I question how much 'rpg' though, form what I have heard so far it
>doesn't sees like 99% fps and 1% rpg.

am I on drugs?

what I *meant* to say (and you all probably realize this if you didn't
think I was an idiot) was it seems like it's 99% fps and 1% rpg.if
that.

and I've heard it has pretty much nothing to do with the M&M franchise
other than the name, they slapped it on in the hope that those of us
who like the original M&M games might buy this one. Being an RPG guy
and a huge M&M fan myself, I don't think I'll be fooled by the name.

Quoth The Raven: Big McLargehuge <noone@spamme.com> in
1126189836.b1760d6ed8c361a3f5a6f6f968918c1f@teranews
> On Thu, 8 Sep 2005 17:39:26 +1000, "Highlandish"
> <ckreskay_CURSING@dodo.com.au> mumbled something like:
>
>> from what I've read so far this looks like it will be a good fps rpg
>
> I question how much 'rpg' though, form what I have heard so far it
> doesn't sees like 99% fps and 1% rpg.

i like it that way, but i'd say it is more like 70/30

--
Laugh alone and the world thinks you're an idiot

1126199242.dd17091f93b2bc127361dad5f94edd7a@teranews
> On Thu, 08 Sep 2005 10:28:14 -0400, Big McLargehuge <noone@spamme.com>
> mumbled something like:
>
>> On Thu, 8 Sep 2005 17:39:26 +1000, "Highlandish"
>> <ckreskay_CURSING@dodo.com.au> mumbled something like:
>>
>>> from what I've read so far this looks like it will be a good fps rpg
>>
>> I question how much 'rpg' though, form what I have heard so far it
>> doesn't sees like 99% fps and 1% rpg.
>
> am I on drugs?
>
> what I *meant* to say (and you all probably realize this if you didn't
> think I was an idiot) was it seems like it's 99% fps and 1% rpg.if
> that.
>
> and I've heard it has pretty much nothing to do with the M&M franchise
> other than the name, they slapped it on in the hope that those of us
> who like the original M&M games might buy this one. Being an RPG guy
> and a huge M&M fan myself, I don't think I'll be fooled by the name.

from the article I read in a magazine (PCPOWERPLAY) it was slapped on,
but the developers have assured us it is still set in the M&M world with
things we might be familiar with (I never played the originals). it is
mostly fps, and most items you find convert to gold as you pick them up,
you do earn skill points to assign to abilities and there are a few
classes to choose from to play as. there are multiple ways to achieve a
quest, and like morrowind you don't have to stick to the main quest.

I would called Morrowind Lite.

--
Pay attention to your enemies for they are the first to discover your
mistakes. - (Antisthenes)

Take out the _CURSING to reply to me

"Highlandish" <ckreskay_CURSING@dodo.com.au> once tried to test me with:

> classes to choose from to play as. there are multiple ways to achieve a
> quest, and like morrowind you don't have to stick to the main quest.
>
> I would called Morrowind Lite.

Ok well this is promising, because by Morrowind Lite I'm assuming you mean
it has a massive world to explore and isn't just a bunch of FPS "levels"
like a standard shooter. Even if the RPG aspects are down-played I could
enjoy a game that let you explore a big world, sort of like the GTA games.

Once a Gamer, Always a Gamer.

Quoth The Raven: Knight37 <knight37m@gmail.com> in
Xns96CBE9EDDAAB7knight37m@130.133.1.4
> "Highlandish" <ckreskay_CURSING@dodo.com.au> once tried to test me
> with:
>
>> classes to choose from to play as. there are multiple ways to
>> achieve a quest, and like morrowind you don't have to stick to the
>> main quest.
>>
>> I would called Morrowind Lite.
>
> Ok well this is promising, because by Morrowind Lite I'm assuming you
> mean it has a massive world to explore and isn't just a bunch of FPS
> "levels" like a standard shooter. Even if the RPG aspects are
> down-played I could enjoy a game that let you explore a big world,
> sort of like the GTA games.

yeah, they said it looked a bit like GTA

--
"The significant problems we face cannot be solved at the same level of
thinking we were at when we created them." - Albert Einstein

Take out the _CURSING to reply to me

Blue

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2003

"Highlandish" <ckreskay_CURSING@dodo.com.au> ׫Œ‘ì¶à]¼þЄ:432140c0$0$18646$14726298@news.sunsite.dk...
> Quoth The Raven: Knight37 <knight37m@gmail.com> in
> Xns96CBE9EDDAAB7knight37m@130.133.1.4
>> "Highlandish" <ckreskay_CURSING@dodo.com.au> once tried to test me
>> with:
>>
>>> classes to choose from to play as. there are multiple ways to
>>> achieve a quest, and like morrowind you don't have to stick to the
>>> main quest.
>>>
>>> I would called Morrowind Lite.
>>
>> Ok well this is promising, because by Morrowind Lite I'm assuming you
>> mean it has a massive world to explore and isn't just a bunch of FPS
>> "levels" like a standard shooter. Even if the RPG aspects are
>> down-played I could enjoy a game that let you explore a big world,
>> sort of like the GTA games.
>
> yeah, they said it looked a bit like GTA

will you be chased by a bunch of town guards for stealing a horse or killing
the town folks?

can you get a license for riding a dragon?

most importantly, will there be any "Hot Ale" mod??????

> --
> "The significant problems we face cannot be solved at the same level of
> thinking we were at when we created them." - Albert Einstein
> (1879-1955)
>
> Take out the _CURSING to reply to me

"blue" <blue@blue.com> looked up from reading the entrails of the porn
spammer to utter "The Augury is good, the signs say:

>"Highlandish" <ckreskay_CURSING@dodo.com.au> ׫Œ‘ì¶à]¼þЄ:432140c0$0$18646$14726298@news.sunsite.dk...
>> Quoth The Raven: Knight37 <knight37m@gmail.com> in
>> Xns96CBE9EDDAAB7knight37m@130.133.1.4
>>> "Highlandish" <ckreskay_CURSING@dodo.com.au> once tried to test me
>>> with:

>>> Ok well this is promising, because by Morrowind Lite I'm assuming you
>>> mean it has a massive world to explore and isn't just a bunch of FPS
>>> "levels" like a standard shooter. Even if the RPG aspects are
>>> down-played I could enjoy a game that let you explore a big world,
>>> sort of like the GTA games.
>>
>> yeah, they said it looked a bit like GTA
>>

>will you be chased by a bunch of town guards for stealing a horse or killing
>the town folks?
>
>can you get a license for riding a dragon?
>
>most importantly, will there be any "Hot Ale" mod??????

No, no, no, it's a "Mulled Wine" mod.

Xocyll

Quoth The Raven: blue <blue@blue.com> in 432148dd_2@news.tm.net.my
> "Highlandish" <ckreskay_CURSING@dodo.com.au>
> ׫O'ì¶à]¼þÐÂÂ":432140c0$0$18646$14726298@news.sunsite.dk...
>> Quoth The Raven: Knight37 <knight37m@gmail.com> in
>> Xns96CBE9EDDAAB7knight37m@130.133.1.4
>>> "Highlandish" <ckreskay_CURSING@dodo.com.au> once tried to test me
>>> with:

>>> Ok well this is promising, because by Morrowind Lite I'm assuming
>>> you mean it has a massive world to explore and isn't just a bunch
>>> of FPS "levels" like a standard shooter. Even if the RPG aspects are
>>> down-played I could enjoy a game that let you explore a big world,
>>> sort of like the GTA games.
>>
>> yeah, they said it looked a bit like GTA
>>

> will you be chased by a bunch of town guards for stealing a horse or
> killing the town folks?
>
> can you get a license for riding a dragon?
>
> most importantly, will there be any "Hot Ale" mod??????

lol, I am guessing the only girlfriends in this game will be orcs, so if
you want to install the "naked wench" hack, go ahead!
--
"Talent does what it can; genius does what it must." - Edward George
Bulwer-Lytton (1803-1873)

Take out the _CURSING to reply to me

Kent

Distinguished
Aug 2, 2001

On 9 Sep 2005 03:59:43 GMT, Knight37 <knight37m@gmail.com> wrote:

>"Highlandish" <ckreskay_CURSING@dodo.com.au> once tried to test me with:
>
>> classes to choose from to play as. there are multiple ways to achieve a
>> quest, and like morrowind you don't have to stick to the main quest.
>>
>> I would called Morrowind Lite.
>
>Ok well this is promising, because by Morrowind Lite I'm assuming you mean
>it has a massive world to explore and isn't just a bunch of FPS "levels"
>like a standard shooter. Even if the RPG aspects are down-played I could
>enjoy a game that let you explore a big world, sort of like the GTA games.

Amazing-looking trailers:

http://www.gametrailers.com/gamepage.php?id=2089

Make sure you check out both.