The best free RPG game i've played, but what's up with thi..

-- Also posted in alt.comp.freeware.games but figure it might be better
suited here.. -sorry for the x-post ...

This is the most confusing thing, I believe the game is freeware.. (Knight
Online World) and I can play it occasionally (Although it's extremly
buggy).. but can someone tell me what gives? I am very much interested in
getting this game working.. I love this game so far from what I've read and
played. ( and would love it even more if the site worked ) I believe I
might be in a beta test program, but not really sure.

My question is as follows.. I can't figure out if it's a free game / charge
game or what? (I wouldn't mind if it was a pay for high level skill sets or
extra missions or something.. but there is little if any information) -- .

And most importantly Why are these two websites for it and what is the
difference? A better question :why is my very version (At
www.knightonlineworld.com version 1299 and the other site :
www.knight-online.com.my at like 1303 (If you check the game updates page).
What are these sites?

I believe this game is freeware but I feel like a beta tester (This game is
buggy) I can't seem to get any help from the forums there. Something's
fishy about this and I need your help telling me what is going on before I
collapse in disgust.

Thank you very much in advance..

finally, are there any other games that are similar to this that actually
work? (And free would be nice).. Thank you again...
4 answers Last reply
More about free game played what

    "Anthony B" <Sorry@nospam.com> wrote in message

    > I believe this game is freeware but I feel like a beta tester (This game
    > is
    > buggy) I can't seem to get any help from the forums there. Something's
    > fishy about this and I need your help telling me what is going on before I
    > collapse in disgust.

    I think it's a beta and that it's supposed to go pay-per-month once they've
    worked out all the bugs. I remember reading that when I looked into the
    game myself 6 months ago. Then I heard about all the bugs, and decided it
    wasn't worth the aggrivation.

    "Anthony B" <Sorry@nospam.com> ׫Œ‘ì¶à]¼þЄ:gIednWqM5cjh4r7eRVn-ug@comcast.com...
    > -- Also posted in alt.comp.freeware.games but figure it might be better
    > suited here.. -sorry for the x-post ...
    >
    > This is the most confusing thing, I believe the game is freeware.. (Knight
    > Online World) and I can play it occasionally (Although it's extremly
    > buggy).. but can someone tell me what gives? I am very much interested in
    > getting this game working.. I love this game so far from what I've read
    > and
    > played. ( and would love it even more if the site worked ) I believe I
    > might be in a beta test program, but not really sure.

    if you really liked KO, try www.e-games.com.my they offer KO as Free For
    Life (FFL) game, in other words, no subscription fee, no monthly fee, and it
    had been running for over a couple of years already, so it should be more
    stable, it's been a long time since I left the game (during open beta) so
    I'm not sure how the game is faring now. They earn by selling virtual items
    which normally gives you sxtra boost to play the game with (stronger armor,
    better weapon, buffing items and such) that you have to purchase points with
    real cash, to purchase these items. Besides KO, they have a few other FFL
    games like Gate To Heavens Online, Supreme Destiny (It's the hottest there
    now), and D.O. Online (it's currently in Chinese only, no English version
    yet), Another soon to be available is Ran Online, the English version is
    under translation now, it's a Japanese Highschool themed game (made by
    Koreans). (Warning: they are all typical Korean Online grinders)

    > My question is as follows.. I can't figure out if it's a free game /
    > charge
    > game or what? (I wouldn't mind if it was a pay for high level skill sets
    > or
    > extra missions or something.. but there is little if any information) -- .
    >
    > And most importantly Why are these two websites for it and what is the
    > difference? A better question :why is my very version (At
    > www.knightonlineworld.com version 1299 and the other site :
    > www.knight-online.com.my at like 1303 (If you check the game updates
    > page).
    > What are these sites?
    >
    > I believe this game is freeware but I feel like a beta tester (This game
    > is
    > buggy) I can't seem to get any help from the forums there. Something's
    > fishy about this and I need your help telling me what is going on before I
    > collapse in disgust.
    >
    > Thank you very much in advance..
    >
    > finally, are there any other games that are similar to this that actually
    > work? (And free would be nice).. Thank you again...

    Thank you Paul, I will try those games, excellent reply. But I still have a
    question.. :

    Why are these two websites for it and what is the
    difference? A better question :why is my very version (At
    www.knightonlineworld.com version 1299 and the other site :
    www.knight-online.com.my at like 1303 (If you check the game updates page).
    What are the differences?

    "Anthony B" <Sorry@nospam.com> ׫Œ‘ì¶à]¼þЄ:Q7adnSmnVdthjbveRVn-gA@comcast.com...
    > Thank you Paul, I will try those games, excellent reply. But I still have
    > a question.. :
    >
    > Why are these two websites for it and what is the
    > difference? A better question :why is my very version (At
    > www.knightonlineworld.com version 1299 and the other site :
    > www.knight-online.com.my at like 1303 (If you check the game updates
    > page). What are the differences?

    simple, they are run by different companies. KOWorld could be run by a US
    company or the Korean home company in some cases, I didn't check out the
    KOWorld site to make sure which is the case.

    The .my one is run by e-Games, and based in Malaysia, it has been running
    for a couple of years, and has a stable player base so they could afford to
    test run the newer version (which normally contains bug and may frustrate
    new players to drive them away)

    As for the content differance, I don't care since I'm not playing it
    anymore.

PC gaming Freeware Games RPG Video Games