The best free RPG game i've played, but what's up with thi..

Tags:
  • PC gaming
  • Freeware
  • Games
  • RPG
  • Video Games
Last response: in Video Games
September 11, 2005 12:51:13 AM

-- Also posted in alt.comp.freeware.games but figure it might be better
suited here.. -sorry for the x-post ...

This is the most confusing thing, I believe the game is freeware.. (Knight
Online World) and I can play it occasionally (Although it's extremly
buggy).. but can someone tell me what gives? I am very much interested in
getting this game working.. I love this game so far from what I've read and
played. ( and would love it even more if the site worked ) I believe I
might be in a beta test program, but not really sure.

My question is as follows.. I can't figure out if it's a free game / charge
game or what? (I wouldn't mind if it was a pay for high level skill sets or
extra missions or something.. but there is little if any information) -- .

And most importantly Why are these two websites for it and what is the
difference? A better question :why is my very version (At
www.knightonlineworld.com version 1299 and the other site :
www.knight-online.com.my at like 1303 (If you check the game updates page).
What are these sites?

I believe this game is freeware but I feel like a beta tester (This game is
buggy) I can't seem to get any help from the forums there. Something's
fishy about this and I need your help telling me what is going on before I
collapse in disgust.

Thank you very much in advance..

finally, are there any other games that are similar to this that actually
work? (And free would be nice).. Thank you again...

More about : free rpg game played thi

Anonymous
September 11, 2005 2:22:01 AM

"Anthony B" <Sorry@nospam.com> wrote in message

> I believe this game is freeware but I feel like a beta tester (This game
> is
> buggy) I can't seem to get any help from the forums there. Something's
> fishy about this and I need your help telling me what is going on before I
> collapse in disgust.

I think it's a beta and that it's supposed to go pay-per-month once they've
worked out all the bugs. I remember reading that when I looked into the
game myself 6 months ago. Then I heard about all the bugs, and decided it
wasn't worth the aggrivation.
September 12, 2005 8:14:34 PM

"Anthony B" <Sorry@nospam.com> ׫Œ‘ì¶à]¼þЄ:gIednWqM5cjh4r7eRVn-ug@comcast.com...
> -- Also posted in alt.comp.freeware.games but figure it might be better
> suited here.. -sorry for the x-post ...
>
> This is the most confusing thing, I believe the game is freeware.. (Knight
> Online World) and I can play it occasionally (Although it's extremly
> buggy).. but can someone tell me what gives? I am very much interested in
> getting this game working.. I love this game so far from what I've read
> and
> played. ( and would love it even more if the site worked ) I believe I
> might be in a beta test program, but not really sure.

if you really liked KO, try www.e-games.com.my they offer KO as Free For
Life (FFL) game, in other words, no subscription fee, no monthly fee, and it
had been running for over a couple of years already, so it should be more
stable, it's been a long time since I left the game (during open beta) so
I'm not sure how the game is faring now. They earn by selling virtual items
which normally gives you sxtra boost to play the game with (stronger armor,
better weapon, buffing items and such) that you have to purchase points with
real cash, to purchase these items. Besides KO, they have a few other FFL
games like Gate To Heavens Online, Supreme Destiny (It's the hottest there
now), and D.O. Online (it's currently in Chinese only, no English version
yet), Another soon to be available is Ran Online, the English version is
under translation now, it's a Japanese Highschool themed game (made by
Koreans). (Warning: they are all typical Korean Online grinders)

> My question is as follows.. I can't figure out if it's a free game /
> charge
> game or what? (I wouldn't mind if it was a pay for high level skill sets
> or
> extra missions or something.. but there is little if any information) -- .
>
> And most importantly Why are these two websites for it and what is the
> difference? A better question :why is my very version (At
> www.knightonlineworld.com version 1299 and the other site :
> www.knight-online.com.my at like 1303 (If you check the game updates
> page).
> What are these sites?
>
> I believe this game is freeware but I feel like a beta tester (This game
> is
> buggy) I can't seem to get any help from the forums there. Something's
> fishy about this and I need your help telling me what is going on before I
> collapse in disgust.
>
> Thank you very much in advance..
>
> finally, are there any other games that are similar to this that actually
> work? (And free would be nice).. Thank you again...

September 12, 2005 11:36:29 PM

Thank you Paul, I will try those games, excellent reply. But I still have a
question.. :

Why are these two websites for it and what is the
difference? A better question :why is my very version (At
www.knightonlineworld.com version 1299 and the other site :
www.knight-online.com.my at like 1303 (If you check the game updates page).
What are the differences?
September 13, 2005 2:37:44 PM

"Anthony B" <Sorry@nospam.com> ׫Œ‘ì¶à]¼þЄ:Q7adnSmnVdthjbveRVn-gA@comcast.com...
> Thank you Paul, I will try those games, excellent reply. But I still have
> a question.. :
>
> Why are these two websites for it and what is the
> difference? A better question :why is my very version (At
> www.knightonlineworld.com version 1299 and the other site :
> www.knight-online.com.my at like 1303 (If you check the game updates
> page). What are the differences?

simple, they are run by different companies. KOWorld could be run by a US
company or the Korean home company in some cases, I didn't check out the
KOWorld site to make sure which is the case.

The .my one is run by e-Games, and based in Malaysia, it has been running
for a couple of years, and has a stable player base so they could afford to
test run the newer version (which normally contains bug and may frustrate
new players to drive them away)

As for the content differance, I don't care since I'm not playing it
anymore.
!