Motorola V60V Now available from Telesales

Ron

All,

As of this morning the V60V are available at Sprint store.

No camera (too bad) but will report if it pulls in a signal as well as
my older TimePort.

I live in a weak coverage area (in north Scottsdale). Doing
side-by-side against Sanyo, Samsung (north Scottsdale) and Nokia (in
Seattle) the TimePort got service with the other phones where useless.

Have fun (let the flame wars begin)

Ron

"Ron" <ronf957@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> All,
>
> As of this morning the V60V are available at Sprint store.
>
> No camera (too bad) but will report if it pulls in a signal as well as
> my older TimePort.
>
> I live in a weak coverage area (in north Scottsdale). Doing
> side-by-side against Sanyo, Samsung (north Scottsdale) and Nokia (in
> Seattle) the TimePort got service with the other phones where useless.
>
> Have fun (let the flame wars begin)
>
> Ron

Curious, that no website shows the V60v model available on SPCS's system.
It's not even showing up in the accessories sales web page in SPCS's site.

Bob

"Bob Smith" <usirsclt_No_Spam_@earthlink.net> wrote in message

> "Ron" <ronf957@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > All,
> >
> > As of this morning the V60V are available at Sprint store.
> >
> > No camera (too bad) but will report if it pulls in a signal as well as
> > my older TimePort.
> >
> > I live in a weak coverage area (in north Scottsdale). Doing
> > side-by-side against Sanyo, Samsung (north Scottsdale) and Nokia (in
> > Seattle) the TimePort got service with the other phones where useless.
> >
> > Have fun (let the flame wars begin)
> >
> > Ron
>
> Curious, that no website shows the V60v model available on SPCS's system.
> It's not even showing up in the accessories sales web page in SPCS's site.
>
> Bob

After even more surfing, Motorola's site doesn't even mention SPCS as a
carrier on their website ...
http://commerce.motorola.com/consumer/QWhtml/phone_cat.html

Bob

Smitty: Answering your own messages now.! You get all in a snit if you think
someone else does that!

"Nebby00007" <nebby00007@aol.com> wrote in message
> Smitty: Answering your own messages now.! You get all in a snit if you
think
> someone else does that!

No, I get snitty when you do it with multiple IDs like you always do. What's
more, I was adding more to the conversation. You really are a hypocrite
Phillipe. You complain about personal attacks and then you list my name as
you have above, put my name in subject lines, misquote my prior comments and
have even tried to impersonate me ... You really are one sick puppy there
Phillipe.

Bob

usirsclt@earthlink.net spit out:

> multiple IDs

And Earthlink told you its OK to use alias or change them for USENET everytime
you complained to them.

> You really are one sick puppy there

So grow-up and stop with the childish insults.

Bob Smith wrote:

> After even more surfing, Motorola's site doesn't even mention SPCS as a
> carrier on their website ...
> http://commerce.motorola.com/consumer/QWhtml/phone_cat.html
>
> Bob

The v60v was just listed recently on phonescoop, meaning it probably
just recently got fcc approval. sprintpcsinfo also claims telesales has
it, but people have called in and said it's not available.

It's probably the old imminent release rigamarole... a small batch will
come in to telesales, it'll get sold out as soon as word hits ths
streets, and we won't see it again until the full launch happens.

--
E-mail fudged to thwart spammers.

In article <40a9176a$1@rutgers.edu>, sacredpoet@sacredpoet.com
says...
> Bob Smith wrote:
>

> > After even more surfing, Motorola's site doesn't even mention SPCS as a
> > carrier on their website ...
> > http://commerce.motorola.com/consumer/QWhtml/phone_cat.html
> >
> > Bob
>

> The v60v was just listed recently on phonescoop, meaning it probably
> just recently got fcc approval. sprintpcsinfo also claims telesales has
> it, but people have called in and said it's not available.
>
> It's probably the old imminent release rigamarole... a small batch will
> come in to telesales, it'll get sold out as soon as word hits ths
> streets, and we won't see it again until the full launch happens.

It and a new LG phone are both listed in our systems as released.

FWIW, they've given out all the information we're supposed to need to
support both phones if a customer calls in with one of them.

--
RØß
O/Siris

"O/Siris" <0siris@sprîntpcs.com> wrote in message
In article <40a9176a$1@rutgers.edu>, sacredpoet@sacredpoet.com
says...
> Bob Smith wrote:
>

> > After even more surfing, Motorola's site doesn't even mention SPCS as a
> > carrier on their website ...
> > http://commerce.motorola.com/consumer/QWhtml/phone_cat.html
> >
> > Bob
>

> The v60v was just listed recently on phonescoop, meaning it probably
> just recently got fcc approval. sprintpcsinfo also claims telesales has
> it, but people have called in and said it's not available.
>
> It's probably the old imminent release rigamarole... a small batch will
> come in to telesales, it'll get sold out as soon as word hits ths
> streets, and we won't see it again until the full launch happens.

It and a new LG phone are both listed in our systems as released.

FWIW, they've given out all the information we're supposed to need to
support both phones if a customer calls in with one of them.

Which LG model is that Rob?

Bob

Ron

I called telesales,

SKU# MOTV60VKIT, they say they have plenty in stock. I am 5 week
from my $150 rebate so I will wait till July 1

In article <e0a6369d.0405180657.aed0ed0@posting.google.com>,
ronf957@hotmail.com (Ron) wrote:

> I called telesales,
>
> SKU# MOTV60VKIT, they say they have plenty in stock. I am 5 week
> from my $150 rebate so I will wait till July 1
>
> Isaiah Beard <sacredpoet@sacredpoet.com> wrote in message
> > Bob Smith wrote:
> >

> > > After even more surfing, Motorola's site doesn't even mention SPCS as a
> > > carrier on their website ...
> > > http://commerce.motorola.com/consumer/QWhtml/phone_cat.html
> > >
> > > Bob
> >

> > The v60v was just listed recently on phonescoop, meaning it probably
> > just recently got fcc approval. sprintpcsinfo also claims telesales has
> > it, but people have called in and said it's not available.
> >
> > It's probably the old imminent release rigamarole... a small batch will
> > come in to telesales, it'll get sold out as soon as word hits ths
> > streets, and we won't see it again until the full launch happens.

Somebody please tell me what is so special with this phone, when the GSM
V60's have been out for almost 3 years now.

In article <rmarkoff-906B59.10411618052004
@news06.east.earthlink.net>, rmarkoff@yahoo.com says...

> Somebody please tell me what is so special with this phone, when the GSM
> V60's have been out for almost 3 years now.

Honestly, I don't know. Our information sheet on it lists a 4K color
screen, and it does *not* list Vision as a feature of the phone.
There was a thread here recently debating the quality of Motorola
phones. It *does* seem there's a demand for one, though, based on
people who posted there. And, I guess, here they go.

--
RØß
O/Siris

O/Siris <0siris@spr?ntpcs.com> wrote:

> Honestly, I don't know. Our information sheet on it lists a 4K color
> screen, and it does *not* list Vision as a feature of the phone.
> There was a thread here recently debating the quality of Motorola
> phones. It *does* seem there's a demand for one, though, based on
> people who posted there. And, I guess, here they go.

My personal observation is that people who typically use Moto handsets
are very loyal to Moto...

In article <8Raqc.4352$H_3.3886@newsread1.news.pas.earthlink.net>,
usirsclt_No_Spam_@earthlink.net says...

> Which LG model is that Rob?
>
> Bob

I'll have to look it up again. Get back to you.

--
RØß
O/Siris

Ron

In my case the #1 issues are the ability to get a signal in weak
coverage areas. I get OK service when the Sanyo 8100 and other Sprint
PCS phones are out of service.

Steven J Sobol <sjsobol@JustThe.net> wrote in message news:<bc6dnRJhTb9Gyzfd4p2dnA@lmi.net>...
> O/Siris <0siris@spr?ntpcs.com> wrote:
>
> > Honestly, I don't know. Our information sheet on it lists a 4K color
> > screen, and it does *not* list Vision as a feature of the phone.
> > There was a thread here recently debating the quality of Motorola
> > phones. It *does* seem there's a demand for one, though, based on
> > people who posted there. And, I guess, here they go.
>
> My personal observation is that people who typically use Moto handsets
> are very loyal to Moto...

Ron <ronf957@hotmail.com> wrote:
> In my case the #1 issues are the ability to get a signal in weak
> coverage areas. I get OK service when the Sanyo 8100 and other Sprint
> PCS phones are out of service.

Well, Motorola has traditionally done quite well with CDMA. Their CDMA
phones hold a signal pretty tenaciously.

But there are other phones that hold a signal well too.

Ron

Steve

If there are any other phone on Sprint that hold a signal as well as
Moto I would like to know. From my limited side by side of other
Sprint phone the other models did not even come close.

I am going to get a v60v and hope Sprint does not drag their feet when
the Moto v710 comes out. Moto call quality and camera, blue tooth,
etc... would make for a perfect phone. Of course I keep toying with
the idea of spending the extra money and switching to Verizon for the
better phone selectio nand better cell coverage.

Ron

Steven J Sobol <sjsobol@JustThe.net> wrote in message news:<msCdnQ5R2ZcRcTfd4p2dnA@lmi.net>...
> Ron <ronf957@hotmail.com> wrote:
> > In my case the #1 issues are the ability to get a signal in weak
> > coverage areas. I get OK service when the Sanyo 8100 and other Sprint
> > PCS phones are out of service.
>
> Well, Motorola has traditionally done quite well with CDMA. Their CDMA
> phones hold a signal pretty tenaciously.
>
> But there are other phones that hold a signal well too.

Eric

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

(Steven J Sobol) wrote:
<<Well, Motorola has traditionally done quite well with CDMA. Their CDMA
phones hold a signal pretty tenaciously.
But there are other phones that hold a signal well too. >>

Steven,

Do you know anything about the C343 model that is being pushed by
Verizon and U.S. Cellular? It looks like a nice, compact little phone.

Eric

Eric <caperenewal@webtv.net> wrote:
> (Steven?J?Sobol) wrote:
> <<Well, Motorola has traditionally done quite well with CDMA. Their CDMA
> phones hold a signal pretty tenaciously.
> But there are other phones that hold a signal well too. >>
>
> Steven,
>
> Do you know anything about the C343 model that is being pushed by
> Verizon and U.S. Cellular? It looks like a nice, compact little phone.

It does, and if I was going to stay with Verizon, I might even consider
getting one, but I know nothing about the C343. I don't buy Motorola handsets
and therefore don't generally do any research on them.

Ron

One more item (as I reply to my own email)

My lovely wife, who burns 1500 cell minutes a month, got about 3 years
from her v60 on Alltel. So I assume the v60 holds up too. She loves
her phone but never had the opportunity to compare signal quaility
with other Alltel phones

In article <e0a6369d.0405190603.59d464b@posting.google.com>,
ronf957@hotmail.com (Ron) wrote:

> Moto call quality and camera, blue tooth,
> etc... would make for a perfect phone.

The Motorola v600 (a GSM phone) has all of that.

In article <ed715c82e41be36b7969e6f8846fbdf2@news.teranews.com>,
0siris@sprîntpcs.com says...
> In article <8Raqc.4352$H_3.3886@newsread1.news.pas.earthlink.net>,
> usirsclt_No_Spam_@earthlink.net says...
> >
> > Which LG model is that Rob?
> >
> > Bob
> >

> I'll have to look it up again. Get back to you.

Found it. It's the LG VI5225

http://www.phonescoop.com/phones/phone.php?p=351

I kind of like its looks. But we'll see how that internal antenna
works. LG's don't exactly have a spotless record for holding a
signal.

--

In article <ed715c82e41be36b7969e6f8846fbdf2@news.teranews.com>,
0siris@sprîntpcs.com says...
> In article <8Raqc.4352$H_3.3886@newsread1.news.pas.earthlink.net>,
> usirsclt_No_Spam_@earthlink.net says...
> >
> > Which LG model is that Rob?
> >
> > Bob
> >

> I'll have to look it up again. Get back to you.

Found it. It's the LG VI5225

http://www.phonescoop.com/phones/phone.php?p=351

I kind of like its looks. But we'll see how that internal antenna
works. LG's don't exactly have a spotless record for holding a
signal.

--
RØß

Thanks, I found it as well, right after SPCS's PR earlier this morning.
Personally, I'm not too thrilled with this model, considering it's an LG,
and only 4K color ...

Bob

In article <gULqc.1425$Tn6.1165@newsread1.news.pas.earthlink.net>,
usirsclt_No_Spam_@earthlink.net says...

> Thanks, I found it as well, right after SPCS's PR earlier this morning.
> Personally, I'm not too thrilled with this model, considering it's an LG,
> and only 4K color ...
>
> Bob

I'm hoping that it's intended as a budget entry. It's bad enough the
Moto is over $200. And not just a little bit, either.

--
RØß
O/Siris

In article <420af5b05a71ed8f6cb8e8f486571c4e@news.teranews.com>,
0siris@sprîntpcs.com says...
> Honestly, I don't know. Our information sheet on it lists a 4K color
> screen, and it does *not* list Vision as a feature of the phone.
> There was a thread here recently debating the quality of Motorola
> phones. It *does* seem there's a demand for one, though, based on
> people who posted there. And, I guess, here they go.

Well, one reason, of a sort, presented itself to me last night. A
Motorola employee. They enjoy a 23% discount. But, with no Moto
phones...

Well, that can make bringing one's cell phone to work a tad
embarrassing. :)

Motorola employees were actually being allowed to cancel without term
fee charges. I suppose that now goes away.

--
RØß
O/Siris