Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Motorola V60V Now available from Telesales

Last response: in Network Providers
Share
May 14, 2004 12:39:00 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

All,

As of this morning the V60V are available at Sprint store.

No camera (too bad) but will report if it pulls in a signal as well as
my older TimePort.

I live in a weak coverage area (in north Scottsdale). Doing
side-by-side against Sanyo, Samsung (north Scottsdale) and Nokia (in
Seattle) the TimePort got service with the other phones where useless.

Have fun (let the flame wars begin)

Ron
Anonymous
May 14, 2004 8:16:34 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

"Ron" <ronf957@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:e0a6369d.0405140739.1731212b@posting.google.com...
> All,
>
> As of this morning the V60V are available at Sprint store.
>
> No camera (too bad) but will report if it pulls in a signal as well as
> my older TimePort.
>
> I live in a weak coverage area (in north Scottsdale). Doing
> side-by-side against Sanyo, Samsung (north Scottsdale) and Nokia (in
> Seattle) the TimePort got service with the other phones where useless.
>
> Have fun (let the flame wars begin)
>
> Ron

Curious, that no website shows the V60v model available on SPCS's system.
It's not even showing up in the accessories sales web page in SPCS's site.

Bob
Anonymous
May 14, 2004 8:54:22 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

"Bob Smith" <usirsclt_No_Spam_@earthlink.net> wrote in message
news:Ch6pc.290$SZ4.237@newsread2.news.pas.earthlink.net...
>
> "Ron" <ronf957@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> news:e0a6369d.0405140739.1731212b@posting.google.com...
> > All,
> >
> > As of this morning the V60V are available at Sprint store.
> >
> > No camera (too bad) but will report if it pulls in a signal as well as
> > my older TimePort.
> >
> > I live in a weak coverage area (in north Scottsdale). Doing
> > side-by-side against Sanyo, Samsung (north Scottsdale) and Nokia (in
> > Seattle) the TimePort got service with the other phones where useless.
> >
> > Have fun (let the flame wars begin)
> >
> > Ron
>
> Curious, that no website shows the V60v model available on SPCS's system.
> It's not even showing up in the accessories sales web page in SPCS's site.
>
> Bob

After even more surfing, Motorola's site doesn't even mention SPCS as a
carrier on their website ...
http://commerce.motorola.com/consumer/QWhtml/phone_cat....

Bob
Related resources
Anonymous
May 15, 2004 3:05:08 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

Smitty: Answering your own messages now.! You get all in a snit if you think
someone else does that!
Anonymous
May 15, 2004 3:55:39 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

"Nebby00007" <nebby00007@aol.com> wrote in message
news:20040514190508.22491.00000387@mb-m27.aol.com...
> Smitty: Answering your own messages now.! You get all in a snit if you
think
> someone else does that!

No, I get snitty when you do it with multiple IDs like you always do. What's
more, I was adding more to the conversation. You really are a hypocrite
Phillipe. You complain about personal attacks and then you list my name as
you have above, put my name in subject lines, misquote my prior comments and
have even tried to impersonate me ... You really are one sick puppy there
Phillipe.

Bob
Anonymous
May 15, 2004 3:24:51 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

usirsclt@earthlink.net spit out:

> multiple IDs

And Earthlink told you its OK to use alias or change them for USENET everytime
you complained to them.

> You really are one sick puppy there

So grow-up and stop with the childish insults.
Anonymous
May 17, 2004 7:50:02 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

Bob Smith wrote:


>
>
> After even more surfing, Motorola's site doesn't even mention SPCS as a
> carrier on their website ...
> http://commerce.motorola.com/consumer/QWhtml/phone_cat....
>
> Bob


The v60v was just listed recently on phonescoop, meaning it probably
just recently got fcc approval. sprintpcsinfo also claims telesales has
it, but people have called in and said it's not available.

It's probably the old imminent release rigamarole... a small batch will
come in to telesales, it'll get sold out as soon as word hits ths
streets, and we won't see it again until the full launch happens.


--
E-mail fudged to thwart spammers.
Transpose the c's and a's in my e-mail address to reply.
Anonymous
May 18, 2004 1:39:59 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

In article <40a9176a$1@rutgers.edu>, sacredpoet@sacredpoet.com
says...
> Bob Smith wrote:
>
>
> >
> >
> > After even more surfing, Motorola's site doesn't even mention SPCS as a
> > carrier on their website ...
> > http://commerce.motorola.com/consumer/QWhtml/phone_cat....
> >
> > Bob
>
>
> The v60v was just listed recently on phonescoop, meaning it probably
> just recently got fcc approval. sprintpcsinfo also claims telesales has
> it, but people have called in and said it's not available.
>
> It's probably the old imminent release rigamarole... a small batch will
> come in to telesales, it'll get sold out as soon as word hits ths
> streets, and we won't see it again until the full launch happens.
>
It and a new LG phone are both listed in our systems as released.

FWIW, they've given out all the information we're supposed to need to
support both phones if a customer calls in with one of them.


--
RØß
O/Siris
I work for Sprint PCS
I *don't* speak for them
Anonymous
May 18, 2004 2:16:36 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

"O/Siris" <0siris@sprîntpcs.com> wrote in message
news:3cc4d27d25a0b4392c74a07af90112ba@news.teranews.com...
In article <40a9176a$1@rutgers.edu>, sacredpoet@sacredpoet.com
says...
> Bob Smith wrote:
>
>
> >
> >
> > After even more surfing, Motorola's site doesn't even mention SPCS as a
> > carrier on their website ...
> > http://commerce.motorola.com/consumer/QWhtml/phone_cat....
> >
> > Bob
>
>
> The v60v was just listed recently on phonescoop, meaning it probably
> just recently got fcc approval. sprintpcsinfo also claims telesales has
> it, but people have called in and said it's not available.
>
> It's probably the old imminent release rigamarole... a small batch will
> come in to telesales, it'll get sold out as soon as word hits ths
> streets, and we won't see it again until the full launch happens.
>
It and a new LG phone are both listed in our systems as released.

FWIW, they've given out all the information we're supposed to need to
support both phones if a customer calls in with one of them.

Which LG model is that Rob?

Bob
May 18, 2004 11:57:50 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

I called telesales,

SKU# MOTV60VKIT, they say they have plenty in stock. I am 5 week
from my $150 rebate so I will wait till July 1

Isaiah Beard <sacredpoet@sacredpoet.com> wrote in message news:<40a9176a$1@rutgers.edu>...
> Bob Smith wrote:
>
>
> >
> >
> > After even more surfing, Motorola's site doesn't even mention SPCS as a
> > carrier on their website ...
> > http://commerce.motorola.com/consumer/QWhtml/phone_cat....
> >
> > Bob
>
>
> The v60v was just listed recently on phonescoop, meaning it probably
> just recently got fcc approval. sprintpcsinfo also claims telesales has
> it, but people have called in and said it's not available.
>
> It's probably the old imminent release rigamarole... a small batch will
> come in to telesales, it'll get sold out as soon as word hits ths
> streets, and we won't see it again until the full launch happens.
Anonymous
May 18, 2004 7:41:17 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

In article <e0a6369d.0405180657.aed0ed0@posting.google.com>,
ronf957@hotmail.com (Ron) wrote:

> I called telesales,
>
> SKU# MOTV60VKIT, they say they have plenty in stock. I am 5 week
> from my $150 rebate so I will wait till July 1
>
> Isaiah Beard <sacredpoet@sacredpoet.com> wrote in message
> news:<40a9176a$1@rutgers.edu>...
> > Bob Smith wrote:
> >
> >
> > >
> > >
> > > After even more surfing, Motorola's site doesn't even mention SPCS as a
> > > carrier on their website ...
> > > http://commerce.motorola.com/consumer/QWhtml/phone_cat....
> > >
> > > Bob
> >
> >
> > The v60v was just listed recently on phonescoop, meaning it probably
> > just recently got fcc approval. sprintpcsinfo also claims telesales has
> > it, but people have called in and said it's not available.
> >
> > It's probably the old imminent release rigamarole... a small batch will
> > come in to telesales, it'll get sold out as soon as word hits ths
> > streets, and we won't see it again until the full launch happens.

Somebody please tell me what is so special with this phone, when the GSM
V60's have been out for almost 3 years now.
Anonymous
May 18, 2004 8:11:40 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

In article <rmarkoff-906B59.10411618052004
@news06.east.earthlink.net>, rmarkoff@yahoo.com says...
>
> Somebody please tell me what is so special with this phone, when the GSM
> V60's have been out for almost 3 years now.
>

Honestly, I don't know. Our information sheet on it lists a 4K color
screen, and it does *not* list Vision as a feature of the phone.
There was a thread here recently debating the quality of Motorola
phones. It *does* seem there's a demand for one, though, based on
people who posted there. And, I guess, here they go.

--
RØß
O/Siris
I work for Sprint PCS
I *don't* speak for them
Anonymous
May 18, 2004 8:11:41 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

O/Siris <0siris@spr?ntpcs.com> wrote:

> Honestly, I don't know. Our information sheet on it lists a 4K color
> screen, and it does *not* list Vision as a feature of the phone.
> There was a thread here recently debating the quality of Motorola
> phones. It *does* seem there's a demand for one, though, based on
> people who posted there. And, I guess, here they go.

My personal observation is that people who typically use Moto handsets
are very loyal to Moto...

--
JustThe.net Internet & New Media Services, Apple Valley, CA PGP: 0xE3AE35ED
Steven J. Sobol, Geek In Charge / 888.480.4NET (4638) / sjsobol@JustThe.net
Domain Names, $9.95/yr, 24x7 service: http://DomainNames.JustThe.net/
"someone once called me a sofa, but i didn't feel compelled to rush out and buy
slip covers." -adam brower * Hiroshima '45, Chernobyl '86, Windows 98/2000/2003
Anonymous
May 18, 2004 8:12:31 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

In article <8Raqc.4352$H_3.3886@newsread1.news.pas.earthlink.net>,
usirsclt_No_Spam_@earthlink.net says...
>
> Which LG model is that Rob?
>
> Bob
>
>
>

I'll have to look it up again. Get back to you.

--
RØß
O/Siris
I work for Sprint PCS
I *don't* speak for them
May 18, 2004 10:21:26 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

In my case the #1 issues are the ability to get a signal in weak
coverage areas. I get OK service when the Sanyo 8100 and other Sprint
PCS phones are out of service.



Steven J Sobol <sjsobol@JustThe.net> wrote in message news:<bc6dnRJhTb9Gyzfd4p2dnA@lmi.net>...
> O/Siris <0siris@spr?ntpcs.com> wrote:
>
> > Honestly, I don't know. Our information sheet on it lists a 4K color
> > screen, and it does *not* list Vision as a feature of the phone.
> > There was a thread here recently debating the quality of Motorola
> > phones. It *does* seem there's a demand for one, though, based on
> > people who posted there. And, I guess, here they go.
>
> My personal observation is that people who typically use Moto handsets
> are very loyal to Moto...
Anonymous
May 19, 2004 4:11:40 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

Ron <ronf957@hotmail.com> wrote:
> In my case the #1 issues are the ability to get a signal in weak
> coverage areas. I get OK service when the Sanyo 8100 and other Sprint
> PCS phones are out of service.

Well, Motorola has traditionally done quite well with CDMA. Their CDMA
phones hold a signal pretty tenaciously.

But there are other phones that hold a signal well too.

--
JustThe.net Internet & New Media Services, Apple Valley, CA PGP: 0xE3AE35ED
Steven J. Sobol, Geek In Charge / 888.480.4NET (4638) / sjsobol@JustThe.net
Domain Names, $9.95/yr, 24x7 service: http://DomainNames.JustThe.net/
"someone once called me a sofa, but i didn't feel compelled to rush out and buy
slip covers." -adam brower * Hiroshima '45, Chernobyl '86, Windows 98/2000/2003
May 19, 2004 11:03:23 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

Steve

If there are any other phone on Sprint that hold a signal as well as
Moto I would like to know. From my limited side by side of other
Sprint phone the other models did not even come close.

I am going to get a v60v and hope Sprint does not drag their feet when
the Moto v710 comes out. Moto call quality and camera, blue tooth,
etc... would make for a perfect phone. Of course I keep toying with
the idea of spending the extra money and switching to Verizon for the
better phone selectio nand better cell coverage.

Ron

Steven J Sobol <sjsobol@JustThe.net> wrote in message news:<msCdnQ5R2ZcRcTfd4p2dnA@lmi.net>...
> Ron <ronf957@hotmail.com> wrote:
> > In my case the #1 issues are the ability to get a signal in weak
> > coverage areas. I get OK service when the Sanyo 8100 and other Sprint
> > PCS phones are out of service.
>
> Well, Motorola has traditionally done quite well with CDMA. Their CDMA
> phones hold a signal pretty tenaciously.
>
> But there are other phones that hold a signal well too.
May 19, 2004 11:54:42 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

(Steven J Sobol) wrote:
<<Well, Motorola has traditionally done quite well with CDMA. Their CDMA
phones hold a signal pretty tenaciously.
But there are other phones that hold a signal well too. >>

Steven,

Do you know anything about the C343 model that is being pushed by
Verizon and U.S. Cellular? It looks like a nice, compact little phone.

Eric
Anonymous
May 19, 2004 2:14:17 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

Eric <caperenewal@webtv.net> wrote:
> (Steven?J?Sobol) wrote:
> <<Well, Motorola has traditionally done quite well with CDMA. Their CDMA
> phones hold a signal pretty tenaciously.
> But there are other phones that hold a signal well too. >>
>
> Steven,
>
> Do you know anything about the C343 model that is being pushed by
> Verizon and U.S. Cellular? It looks like a nice, compact little phone.

It does, and if I was going to stay with Verizon, I might even consider
getting one, but I know nothing about the C343. I don't buy Motorola handsets
and therefore don't generally do any research on them.

--
JustThe.net Internet & New Media Services, Apple Valley, CA PGP: 0xE3AE35ED
Steven J. Sobol, Geek In Charge / 888.480.4NET (4638) / sjsobol@JustThe.net
Domain Names, $9.95/yr, 24x7 service: http://DomainNames.JustThe.net/
"someone once called me a sofa, but i didn't feel compelled to rush out and buy
slip covers." -adam brower * Hiroshima '45, Chernobyl '86, Windows 98/2000/2003
May 19, 2004 5:05:00 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

One more item (as I reply to my own email)

My lovely wife, who burns 1500 cell minutes a month, got about 3 years
from her v60 on Alltel. So I assume the v60 holds up too. She loves
her phone but never had the opportunity to compare signal quaility
with other Alltel phones

ronf957@hotmail.com (Ron) wrote in message news:<e0a6369d.0405190603.59d464b@posting.google.com>...
> Steve
>
> If there are any other phone on Sprint that hold a signal as well as
> Moto I would like to know. From my limited side by side of other
> Sprint phone the other models did not even come close.
>
> I am going to get a v60v and hope Sprint does not drag their feet when
> the Moto v710 comes out. Moto call quality and camera, blue tooth,
> etc... would make for a perfect phone. Of course I keep toying with
> the idea of spending the extra money and switching to Verizon for the
> better phone selectio nand better cell coverage.
>
> Ron
>
> Steven J Sobol <sjsobol@JustThe.net> wrote in message news:<msCdnQ5R2ZcRcTfd4p2dnA@lmi.net>...
> > Ron <ronf957@hotmail.com> wrote:
> > > In my case the #1 issues are the ability to get a signal in weak
> > > coverage areas. I get OK service when the Sanyo 8100 and other Sprint
> > > PCS phones are out of service.
> >
> > Well, Motorola has traditionally done quite well with CDMA. Their CDMA
> > phones hold a signal pretty tenaciously.
> >
> > But there are other phones that hold a signal well too.
Anonymous
May 19, 2004 7:18:26 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

In article <e0a6369d.0405190603.59d464b@posting.google.com>,
ronf957@hotmail.com (Ron) wrote:

> Moto call quality and camera, blue tooth,
> etc... would make for a perfect phone.

The Motorola v600 (a GSM phone) has all of that.
Anonymous
May 19, 2004 8:07:21 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

In article <ed715c82e41be36b7969e6f8846fbdf2@news.teranews.com>,
0siris@sprîntpcs.com says...
> In article <8Raqc.4352$H_3.3886@newsread1.news.pas.earthlink.net>,
> usirsclt_No_Spam_@earthlink.net says...
> >
> > Which LG model is that Rob?
> >
> > Bob
> >
> >
> >
>
> I'll have to look it up again. Get back to you.
>
>

Found it. It's the LG VI5225

http://www.phonescoop.com/phones/phone.php?p=351

I kind of like its looks. But we'll see how that internal antenna
works. LG's don't exactly have a spotless record for holding a
signal.

--
RØß
O/Siris
I work for Sprint PCS
I *don't* speak for them
Anonymous
May 19, 2004 8:25:48 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

"O/Siris" <0siris@sprîntpcs.com> wrote in message
news:7de808e7b1f48280fa215908d1c499f8@news.teranews.com...
In article <ed715c82e41be36b7969e6f8846fbdf2@news.teranews.com>,
0siris@sprîntpcs.com says...
> In article <8Raqc.4352$H_3.3886@newsread1.news.pas.earthlink.net>,
> usirsclt_No_Spam_@earthlink.net says...
> >
> > Which LG model is that Rob?
> >
> > Bob
> >
> >
> >
>
> I'll have to look it up again. Get back to you.
>
>

Found it. It's the LG VI5225

http://www.phonescoop.com/phones/phone.php?p=351

I kind of like its looks. But we'll see how that internal antenna
works. LG's don't exactly have a spotless record for holding a
signal.

--
RØß

Thanks, I found it as well, right after SPCS's PR earlier this morning.
Personally, I'm not too thrilled with this model, considering it's an LG,
and only 4K color ...

Bob
Anonymous
May 19, 2004 9:14:57 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

In article <gULqc.1425$Tn6.1165@newsread1.news.pas.earthlink.net>,
usirsclt_No_Spam_@earthlink.net says...
>
> Thanks, I found it as well, right after SPCS's PR earlier this morning.
> Personally, I'm not too thrilled with this model, considering it's an LG,
> and only 4K color ...
>
> Bob
>

I'm hoping that it's intended as a budget entry. It's bad enough the
Moto is over $200. And not just a little bit, either.

--
RØß
O/Siris
I work for Sprint PCS
I *don't* speak for them
Anonymous
May 19, 2004 9:20:17 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

In article <420af5b05a71ed8f6cb8e8f486571c4e@news.teranews.com>,
0siris@sprîntpcs.com says...
> Honestly, I don't know. Our information sheet on it lists a 4K color
> screen, and it does *not* list Vision as a feature of the phone.
> There was a thread here recently debating the quality of Motorola
> phones. It *does* seem there's a demand for one, though, based on
> people who posted there. And, I guess, here they go.
>
>

Well, one reason, of a sort, presented itself to me last night. A
Motorola employee. They enjoy a 23% discount. But, with no Moto
phones...

Well, that can make bringing one's cell phone to work a tad
embarrassing. :) 

Motorola employees were actually being allowed to cancel without term
fee charges. I suppose that now goes away.

--
RØß
O/Siris
I work for Sprint PCS
I *don't* speak for them
May 20, 2004 12:27:41 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

it was $199 on the Sprint PCS web site now it is up to $249 gues they
figure they can get the extra $50 from folks that really need the
signal quality

Ron

O/Siris <0siris@sprîntpcs.com> wrote in message news:<e0498223063b04ad0d4bf11d3958213c@news.teranews.com>...
> In article <gULqc.1425$Tn6.1165@newsread1.news.pas.earthlink.net>,
> usirsclt No Spam @earthlink.net says...
> >
> > Thanks, I found it as well, right after SPCS's PR earlier this morning.
> > Personally, I'm not too thrilled with this model, considering it's an LG,
> > and only 4K color ...
> >
> > Bob
> >
>
> I'm hoping that it's intended as a budget entry. It's bad enough the
> Moto is over $200. And not just a little bit, either.
Anonymous
May 20, 2004 8:55:24 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

"Ron" <ronf957@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:e0a6369d.0405191927.13d01499@posting.google.com...
> it was $199 on the Sprint PCS web site now it is up to $249 gues they
> figure they can get the extra $50 from folks that really need the
> signal quality
>
> Ron

Ron, give us a break ... It has never been listed for $199 since it was
shown on line. It's @ $250 List ...

Bob
May 20, 2004 8:55:25 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

Bob Smith wrote:
:: "Ron" <ronf957@hotmail.com> wrote in message
:: news:e0a6369d.0405191927.13d01499@posting.google.com...
::: it was $199 on the Sprint PCS web site now it is up to $249 gues
::: they figure they can get the extra $50 from folks that really need
::: the signal quality
:::
::: Ron
::
:: Ron, give us a break ... It has never been listed for $199 since it
:: was shown on line. It's @ $250 List ...
::
:: Bob

Yes it did. It was 199.99 with 150.00 instant rebate making it 49.99 when it
was first put on the website.

Rod
May 20, 2004 12:55:56 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

Bob

Get a brain until you do stop posting until you know what you are talking about.

Here is a link to sprintpcsinfo about the recent price increase (gouging).

http://www.sprintpcsinfo.com/index.php



Ron

"Bob Smith" <usirsclt_No_Spam_@earthlink.net> wrote in message news:<0TWqc.3162$be.1755@newsread2.news.pas.earthlink.net>...
> "Ron" <ronf957@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> news:e0a6369d.0405191927.13d01499@posting.google.com...
> > it was $199 on the Sprint PCS web site now it is up to $249 gues they
> > figure they can get the extra $50 from folks that really need the
> > signal quality
> >
> > Ron
>
> Ron, give us a break ... It has never been listed for $199 since it was
> shown on line. It's @ $250 List ...
>
> Bob
Anonymous
May 20, 2004 4:32:36 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

"Rod" <cellular-dude@sprintpcs.com> wrote in message
news:2h2tv7F88vg1U1@uni-berlin.de...
> Bob Smith wrote:
> :: "Ron" <ronf957@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> :: news:e0a6369d.0405191927.13d01499@posting.google.com...
> ::: it was $199 on the Sprint PCS web site now it is up to $249 gues
> ::: they figure they can get the extra $50 from folks that really need
> ::: the signal quality
> :::
> ::: Ron
> ::
> :: Ron, give us a break ... It has never been listed for $199 since it
> :: was shown on line. It's @ $250 List ...
> ::
> :: Bob
>
> Yes it did. It was 199.99 with 150.00 instant rebate making it 49.99 when
it
> was first put on the website.
>
> Rod

It's only been on SPCS's website for less than a week. If it did show up @
$199.99, it could have been a typo, and was corrected. I still don't
remember seeing it at that price level though.

Bob
May 20, 2004 5:59:12 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

Bob

So your standard of proof is "anything you don't know about".

That appears to be quite a large address space.

I think there is an opening for you in the Bush administration.

Ron



"Bob Smith" <usirsclt_No_Spam_@earthlink.net> wrote in message news:<Ez1rc.2447$Tn6.1353@newsread1.news.pas.earthlink.net>...
> "Rod" <cellular-dude@sprintpcs.com> wrote in message
> news:2h2tv7F88vg1U1@uni-berlin.de...
> > Bob Smith wrote:
> > :: "Ron" <ronf957@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > :: news:e0a6369d.0405191927.13d01499@posting.google.com...
> > ::: it was $199 on the Sprint PCS web site now it is up to $249 gues
> > ::: they figure they can get the extra $50 from folks that really need
> > ::: the signal quality
> > :::
> > ::: Ron
> > ::
> > :: Ron, give us a break ... It has never been listed for $199 since it
> > :: was shown on line. It's @ $250 List ...
> > ::
> > :: Bob
> >
> > Yes it did. It was 199.99 with 150.00 instant rebate making it 49.99 when
> it
> > was first put on the website.
> >
> > Rod
>
> It's only been on SPCS's website for less than a week. If it did show up @
> $199.99, it could have been a typo, and was corrected. I still don't
> remember seeing it at that price level though.
>
> Bob
Anonymous
May 20, 2004 8:18:38 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

"Ron" <ronf957@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:e0a6369d.0405200755.3f1e2ac8@posting.google.com...
> Bob
>
> Get a brain until you do stop posting until you know what you are talking
about.
>
> Here is a link to sprintpcsinfo about the recent price increase (gouging).
>
> http://www.sprintpcsinfo.com/index.php
>
>
>
> Ron

No Ron... you get a clue. You post a link, but you don't read the details
.... As I mentioned as a follow up to this thread ... I said it could have a
typo (if it ever was posted @ $199.99), and this follow up link confirms
it - http://tinyurl.com/2ge3x .

Bob
May 20, 2004 8:18:39 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

Bob

Confirms what? You posted a different path the same page I gave you

Where does this page say it was a typo? It says they dropped the
price then later raised the price.

Reading comprehension, Bob, reading comprehension. Again there is a
place for you in the Bush administration

"Bob Smith" <usirsclt_No_Spam_@earthlink.net> wrote in message news:<yT4rc.2604$Tn6.1295@newsread1.news.pas.earthlink.net>...
> "Ron" <ronf957@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> news:e0a6369d.0405200755.3f1e2ac8@posting.google.com...
> > Bob
> >
> > Get a brain until you do stop posting until you know what you are talking
> about.
> >
> > Here is a link to sprintpcsinfo about the recent price increase (gouging).
> >
> > http://www.sprintpcsinfo.com/index.php
> >
> >
> >
> > Ron
>
> No Ron... you get a clue. You post a link, but you don't read the details
> ... As I mentioned as a follow up to this thread ... I said it could have a
> typo (if it ever was posted @ $199.99), and this follow up link confirms
> it - http://tinyurl.com/2ge3x .
>
> Bob
Anonymous
May 21, 2004 1:03:50 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

In article <e0a6369d.0405201259.4bf1a67b@posting.google.com>,
ronf957@hotmail.com (Ron) wrote:

> Bob
>
> So your standard of proof is "anything you don't know about".
>
> That appears to be quite a large address space.
>
> I think there is an opening for you in the Bush administration.
>
> Ron

LOL - He's that way with Sprint PCS being a WLNP loser too.
Anonymous
May 21, 2004 1:04:30 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

"Ron" <ronf957@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:e0a6369d.0405201259.4bf1a67b@posting.google.com...
> Bob
>
> So your standard of proof is "anything you don't know about".
>
> That appears to be quite a large address space.
>
> I think there is an opening for you in the Bush administration.
>
> Ron

No, that's not my standard ... might be yours though ...

Bob
May 21, 2004 1:04:31 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

Bob

Want to cite anything I posted as fact that was actually opinion or
speculation? This is yet another example of you projecting.

"Bob Smith" <usirsclt_No_Spam_@earthlink.net> wrote in message news:<y39rc.2859$Tn6.114@newsread1.news.pas.earthlink.net>...
> "Ron" <ronf957@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> news:e0a6369d.0405201259.4bf1a67b@posting.google.com...
> > Bob
> >
> > So your standard of proof is "anything you don't know about".
> >
> > That appears to be quite a large address space.
> >
> > I think there is an opening for you in the Bush administration.
> >
> > Ron
>
> No, that's not my standard ... might be yours though ...
>
> Bob
Anonymous
May 21, 2004 3:05:54 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

"Ron" <ronf957@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:e0a6369d.0405201424.73c4663c@posting.google.com...
> Bob
>
> Confirms what? You posted a different path the same page I gave you

Did you click on the "Read More" link?
>
> Where does this page say it was a typo? It says they dropped the
> price then later raised the price.

Read above.
>
> Reading comprehension, Bob, reading comprehension. Again there is a
> place for you in the Bush administration

Try doing a little more in checking out things Ron, before you go start
egging someone on ...

Bob
Anonymous
May 21, 2004 2:16:53 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

In article <e0a6369d.0405201726.3348874b@posting.google.com>,
ronf957@hotmail.com (Ron) wrote:

> Bob
>
> Want to cite anything I posted as fact that was actually opinion or
> speculation? This is yet another example of you projecting.


Ron, I know how you feel, I get the same treatment, and I usually give
at least one URL. Heck he even disagrees with Sprint's own press
releases.


>
> "Bob Smith" <usirsclt_No_Spam_@earthlink.net> wrote in message
> news:<y39rc.2859$Tn6.114@newsread1.news.pas.earthlink.net>...
> > "Ron" <ronf957@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > news:e0a6369d.0405201259.4bf1a67b@posting.google.com...
> > > Bob
> > >
> > > So your standard of proof is "anything you don't know about".
> > >
> > > That appears to be quite a large address space.
> > >
> > > I think there is an opening for you in the Bush administration.
> > >
> > > Ron
> >
> > No, that's not my standard ... might be yours though ...
> >
> > Bob
Anonymous
May 21, 2004 2:36:04 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

O/Siris <0siris@sprîntpcs.com> wrote in message news:<420af5b05a71ed8f6cb8e8f486571c4e@news.teranews.com>...
> In article <rmarkoff-906B59.10411618052004
> @news06.east.earthlink.net>, rmarkoff@yahoo.com says...
> >
> > Somebody please tell me what is so special with this phone, when the GSM
>
> > V60's have been out for almost 3 years now.
> >
>
> Honestly, I don't know. Our information sheet on it lists a 4K color
> screen, and it does *not* list Vision as a feature of the phone.
> There was a thread here recently debating the quality of Motorola
> phones. It *does* seem there's a demand for one, though, based on
> people who posted there. And, I guess, here they go.

I hope this new Motorola works a lot better with Sprint than the older
ones such as the StarTac 7867 did. But I'm sure it will and I was even
considering buying one myself (not too satisfied with other Sprint
phones) until I found out that it's not going to be Vision capable.
Anonymous
May 21, 2004 4:41:48 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

"Ron" <ronf957@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:e0a6369d.0405201726.3348874b@posting.google.com...
> Bob
>
> Want to cite anything I posted as fact that was actually opinion or
> speculation? This is yet another example of you projecting.

Projecting? You cite a website where it says the phone's price has
increased. I looked at the site, and noticed the comments of one poster,
Captain, who relayed the gist of his conversation with SPCS CS. Quote below.

"I spent several hours purchasing this phone yesterday. It is only available
at TeleSales at $249.00 and online at $249.99. The price listed on the web
site was $199.99, but Sprint claimed it was an entry error and changed it to
$249.99"

He said entry error, IOW ... a typo.

Bob
May 21, 2004 8:19:15 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

Larry

As you know my interest in the new phone is because in side-by-sides
with Sanyo and other supposedly better Sprint phone my p8767 gets a
signal when these other Sprint phones are out of service.

In the review found at sprintuser.com the poster did a critical review
of the new phone. He noted the lack of bells and whistles, the UI,
etc… but had great things to say about its call quality and although
he notes he has had limited time to test it did get a signal in what
he previously considered a Sprint No Service.

I am going to email him in a week or so and see how is call quality
testing is going. His early results match mine. The other phones are
great if you want the bells and whistles. However, if you need to
pull in a signal in a weak signal area better ditch the Sanyo and get
a Motorola phone.


Ron

larryt510@hotmail.com (Larry Thomas) wrote in message news:<9c02589b.0405210936.26db900e@posting.google.com>...
> O/Siris <0siris@sprîntpcs.com> wrote in message news:<420af5b05a71ed8f6cb8e8f486571c4e@news.teranews.com>...
> > In article <rmarkoff-906B59.10411618052004
> > @news06.east.earthlink.net>, rmarkoff@yahoo.com says...
> > >
> > > Somebody please tell me what is so special with this phone, when the GSM
>
> > > V60's have been out for almost 3 years now.
> > >
> >
> > Honestly, I don't know. Our information sheet on it lists a 4K color
> > screen, and it does *not* list Vision as a feature of the phone.
> > There was a thread here recently debating the quality of Motorola
> > phones. It *does* seem there's a demand for one, though, based on
> > people who posted there. And, I guess, here they go.
>
> I hope this new Motorola works a lot better with Sprint than the older
> ones such as the StarTac 7867 did. But I'm sure it will and I was even
> considering buying one myself (not too satisfied with other Sprint
> phones) until I found out that it's not going to be Vision capable.
Anonymous
May 21, 2004 9:05:19 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

In article <rmarkoff-14049D.05165321052004@news1.west.earthlink.net>,
rmarkoff@yahoo.com says...
>
> Ron, I know how you feel, I get the same treatment, and I usually give
> at least one URL. Heck he even disagrees with Sprint's own press
> releases.
>
>

As usual, Phillie, what you say and what's actually happened do not
agree. It's not the press releases that have been the source of his
disagreement. It's been the editorializing you've engaged in when
you post them.

The same editorializing in which you engage when you claim you're
only posting information.

--
RØß
O/Siris
I work for Sprint PCS
I *don't* speak for them
May 21, 2004 10:00:05 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

Bob

Projecting Bob, projecting; just because you got lucky doesn't make it
not so.

You started with:

* give us a break, no way, that "never" happened

After another poster confirmed, the post morphed to

* It "might have" been a typo

After I posted the URL, you more recent posts

* state that only then did you look and that is when you noticed the
comments where a poster said it was an error
* did you notice a later poster saying "Sprint has now raised the
price to $250 from their $199 original offering. Too bad if you did
not jump on this deal earlier".

Basically all one needs to do is read what "you" wrote to see you post
things "adamantly as fact" when in fact you are only guessing. Just
because you guessed correct doesn't score you any points. Like they
say a broken clock is right twice a day

Ron



"Bob Smith" <usirsclt_No_Spam_@earthlink.net> wrote in message news:<gOmrc.3557$Tn6.2157@newsread1.news.pas.earthlink.net>...
> "Ron" <ronf957@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> news:e0a6369d.0405201726.3348874b@posting.google.com...
> > Bob
> >
> > Want to cite anything I posted as fact that was actually opinion or
> > speculation? This is yet another example of you projecting.
>
> Projecting? You cite a website where it says the phone's price has
> increased. I looked at the site, and noticed the comments of one poster,
> Captain, who relayed the gist of his conversation with SPCS CS. Quote below.
>
> "I spent several hours purchasing this phone yesterday. It is only available
> at TeleSales at $249.00 and online at $249.99. The price listed on the web
> site was $199.99, but Sprint claimed it was an entry error and changed it to
> $249.99"
>
> He said entry error, IOW ... a typo.
>
> Bob
Anonymous
May 22, 2004 12:46:34 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

> O/Siris <0siris@sprîntpcs.com> wrote in message
> news:<420af5b05a71ed8f6cb8e8f486571c4e@news.teranews.com>...
> > In article <rmarkoff-906B59.10411618052004
> > @news06.east.earthlink.net>, rmarkoff@yahoo.com says...
> > >
> > > Somebody please tell me what is so special with this phone, when the GSM
> >
> > > V60's have been out for almost 3 years now.
> > >
> >
> > Honestly, I don't know. Our information sheet on it lists a 4K color
> > screen, and it does *not* list Vision as a feature of the phone.
> > There was a thread here recently debating the quality of Motorola
> > phones. It *does* seem there's a demand for one, though, based on
> > people who posted there. And, I guess, here they go.
>


Thanks for the straightforward answer. So I conclude:

1. The V60v is not a vision phone.

2. It has no new special features. (Its a 3 year old design)

3. Its being sold perhaps because Sprint expects a
demand for a Motorola phone.
May 22, 2004 3:48:22 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

Robert

Because it is small, good battery, great vioce quality and the first
person to write a review (sprintuser.com) also noted in early tests it
gets a signal what is typically a Sprint no service area. That is the
same experience I had with my older Moto phone. That and it takes a
lot of abuse (my wifes v60 on Alltel has held up really well)

I should have mine Monday and will side-by-side against the Sanyo 8100
(in a weak coverage area) and let you know. Where I live My Moto
phone works "ok" where my sister-in-laws Sanyo is mostly out of
service.

Ron

"Røbert M." <rmarkoff@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:<rmarkoff-F49AD7.15463421052004@news1.west.earthlink.net>...
> > O/Siris <0siris@sprîntpcs.com> wrote in message
> > news:<420af5b05a71ed8f6cb8e8f486571c4e@news.teranews.com>...
> > > In article <rmarkoff-906B59.10411618052004
> > > @news06.east.earthlink.net>, rmarkoff@yahoo.com says...
> > > >
> > > > Somebody please tell me what is so special with this phone, when the GSM
>
> > > > V60's have been out for almost 3 years now.
> > > >
> > >
> > > Honestly, I don't know. Our information sheet on it lists a 4K color
> > > screen, and it does *not* list Vision as a feature of the phone.
> > > There was a thread here recently debating the quality of Motorola
> > > phones. It *does* seem there's a demand for one, though, based on
> > > people who posted there. And, I guess, here they go.
> >
>
>
> Thanks for the straightforward answer. So I conclude:
>
> 1. The V60v is not a vision phone.
>
> 2. It has no new special features. (Its a 3 year old design)
>
> 3. Its being sold perhaps because Sprint expects a
> demand for a Motorola phone.
Anonymous
May 22, 2004 4:28:43 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

ronf957@hotmail.com (Ron) wrote in message news:<e0a6369d.0405211519.86c5cce@posting.google.com>...
> Larry
>
> As you know my interest in the new phone is because in side-by-sides
> with Sanyo and other supposedly better Sprint phone my p8767 gets a
> signal when these other Sprint phones are out of service.
>
> In the review found at sprintuser.com the poster did a critical review
> of the new phone. He noted the lack of bells and whistles, the UI,
> etc? but had great things to say about its call quality and although
> he notes he has had limited time to test it did get a signal in what
> he previously considered a Sprint No Service.
>
> I am going to email him in a week or so and see how is call quality
> testing is going. His early results match mine. The other phones are
> great if you want the bells and whistles. However, if you need to
> pull in a signal in a weak signal area better ditch the Sanyo and get
> a Motorola phone.
>
>
> Ron


Sprint recently put up a new tower near my house so signal is not a
problem for me. Any brand will work good here. My beef with many of
the newer Sprint phones (especially Sanyos) is that the earpiece sound
quality is not as good as they used to be. The Samsung A680 and
Toshiba 4050 both have pretty good sound quality but the 4050 is
lacking in volume so I can rule that one out. If the Motorola was
Vision capable I probably would pick one up right away. I have the
old $10/mo Vision plan which is too good to cancel. I can live without
a camera, RL capabilities, speakerphones and other bells and whistles
but I must have my Vision. Looks like it will be the A680 for me. I'm
up for the 18 month rebate program on July 8th so I might wait until
then to get it. I've always liked the looks & size of the V60 and it
appears to be built very well. If only it was Vision capable.
Anonymous
May 22, 2004 5:03:14 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

In article <e0a6369d.0405211700.307d452b@posting.google.com>,
ronf957@hotmail.com (Ron) wrote:

> Bob
>
> Projecting Bob, projecting; just because you got lucky doesn't make it
> not so.
>
> You started with:
>
> * give us a break, no way, that "never" happened
>
> After another poster confirmed, the post morphed to
>
> * It "might have" been a typo
>
> After I posted the URL, you more recent posts
>
> * state that only then did you look and that is when you noticed the
> comments where a poster said it was an error
> * did you notice a later poster saying "Sprint has now raised the
> price to $250 from their $199 original offering. Too bad if you did
> not jump on this deal earlier".
>
> Basically all one needs to do is read what "you" wrote to see you post
> things "adamantly as fact" when in fact you are only guessing. Just
> because you guessed correct doesn't score you any points. Like they
> say a broken clock is right twice a day
>
> Ron

I feel your pain Ron. Be glad Smith hasn't started using 4 letter
obscenity words against you like he is wont to do.

>
>
>
> "Bob Smith" <usirsclt_No_Spam_@earthlink.net> wrote in message
> news:<gOmrc.3557$Tn6.2157@newsread1.news.pas.earthlink.net>...
> > "Ron" <ronf957@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > news:e0a6369d.0405201726.3348874b@posting.google.com...
> > > Bob
> > >
> > > Want to cite anything I posted as fact that was actually opinion or
> > > speculation? This is yet another example of you projecting.
> >
> > Projecting? You cite a website where it says the phone's price has
> > increased. I looked at the site, and noticed the comments of one poster,
> > Captain, who relayed the gist of his conversation with SPCS CS. Quote
> > below.
> >
> > "I spent several hours purchasing this phone yesterday. It is only
> > available
> > at TeleSales at $249.00 and online at $249.99. The price listed on the web
> > site was $199.99, but Sprint claimed it was an entry error and changed it
> > to
> > $249.99"
> >
> > He said entry error, IOW ... a typo.
> >
> > Bob
Anonymous
May 22, 2004 5:26:00 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

"Ron" <ronf957@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:e0a6369d.0405211700.307d452b@posting.google.com...
> Bob
>
> Projecting Bob, projecting; just because you got lucky doesn't make it
> not so.
>
> You started with:
>
> * give us a break, no way, that "never" happened
>
> After another poster confirmed, the post morphed to
>
> * It "might have" been a typo
>
> After I posted the URL, you more recent posts
>
> * state that only then did you look and that is when you noticed the
> comments where a poster said it was an error
> * did you notice a later poster saying "Sprint has now raised the
> price to $250 from their $199 original offering. Too bad if you did
> not jump on this deal earlier".
>
> Basically all one needs to do is read what "you" wrote to see you post
> things "adamantly as fact" when in fact you are only guessing. Just
> because you guessed correct doesn't score you any points. Like they
> say a broken clock is right twice a day

Ron, I said in my first follow up to the original post, it could have been a
typo ... and it was confirmed in a message that I requoted verbatim ...

I don't know why you keep harping on this, save for the fact you can't get
over the fact a mistake was make by whoever entered in the data onto SPCS's
website originally.

You really are starting to look like one with an anal retentive personality.

Bob
May 22, 2004 5:26:01 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

Bob

Why don't you just admit that you state things (aggressively) as facts
when you are just guessing?

Anyone following your posts and reading carefully can see that only
after claiming "give us a break, it never happened", you morphed to
"maybe never happened". Then in later post its obvious that you had no
clue and only afterward noticed a favorable comment in thread on a URL
I directed you to.

Odd how you ignore in the same URL that the editors at SprintUser say
it was a price increase but cling to the single comment in a thread
that said it was a "typo". Even if you guess right, another guy in the
same thread, said it was too bad that you didn't get the phones when
they where $200, before the price went up. Who was right?

Maybe you guessed right, maybe not, the point is you are just guessing
and yet sated your guesses as fact and can't admit it when cornered.

Just say "Bob is just guessing" you will feel better, and remember to
post more honestly in the future Bob.

BTW Maybe one reason Sprint raised the price is that they are almost
sold out, in under a week no less. I ordered one this morning, the
guy at Telesales wasn't sure if it would ship because they are almost
out of stock. Just, speculation on my part, and I don't mind saying
it.


Ron


"Bob Smith" <usirsclt_No_Spam_@earthlink.net> wrote in message news:<I_xrc.4259$Tn6.3971@newsread1.news.pas.earthlink.net>...
> "Ron" <ronf957@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> news:e0a6369d.0405211700.307d452b@posting.google.com...
> > Bob
> >
> > Projecting Bob, projecting; just because you got lucky doesn't make it
> > not so.
> >
> > You started with:
> >
> > * give us a break, no way, that "never" happened
> >
> > After another poster confirmed, the post morphed to
> >
> > * It "might have" been a typo
> >
> > After I posted the URL, you more recent posts
> >
> > * state that only then did you look and that is when you noticed the
> > comments where a poster said it was an error
> > * did you notice a later poster saying "Sprint has now raised the
> > price to $250 from their $199 original offering. Too bad if you did
> > not jump on this deal earlier".
> >
> > Basically all one needs to do is read what "you" wrote to see you post
> > things "adamantly as fact" when in fact you are only guessing. Just
> > because you guessed correct doesn't score you any points. Like they
> > say a broken clock is right twice a day
>
> Ron, I said in my first follow up to the original post, it could have been a
> typo ... and it was confirmed in a message that I requoted verbatim ...
>
> I don't know why you keep harping on this, save for the fact you can't get
> over the fact a mistake was make by whoever entered in the data onto SPCS's
> website originally.
>
> You really are starting to look like one with an anal retentive personality.
>
> Bob
May 22, 2004 5:26:01 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

Bob

Why don't you just admit that you state things (aggressively) as facts
when you are just guessing?

Any one following your posts can read that only after claiming "give
us a break, it never happened", you morphed to "maybe never happened".
Then later your post makes it obvious that you had no clue until you
saw a comment thread on a URL I directed you to. Odd how you ignore
that the editors at SprintUser say it was a price increase buy cling
to a single a guy in the comment thread, that said it was a "typo",
even if you guess right, another guy in the same thread, said it was
too bad that you didn't get the phones when they where $200, before
the price went up.

Maybe you guessed right, maybe not, the point is you are just guessing
and can't admit it. Just say "Bob is just guessing" you will feel
better, and remember to post more honestly in the future Bob.

BTW Maybe one reason Sprint raised the price is that they are almost
sold out, in under a week no less. I ordered one this morning, the
guy at Telesales wasn't sure if it would ship because they are almost
out of stock. Just, speculation on my part, and I don't mind saying
it.


Ron


"Bob Smith" <usirsclt_No_Spam_@earthlink.net> wrote in message news:<I_xrc.4259$Tn6.3971@newsread1.news.pas.earthlink.net>...
> "Ron" <ronf957@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> news:e0a6369d.0405211700.307d452b@posting.google.com...
> > Bob
> >
> > Projecting Bob, projecting; just because you got lucky doesn't make it
> > not so.
> >
> > You started with:
> >
> > * give us a break, no way, that "never" happened
> >
> > After another poster confirmed, the post morphed to
> >
> > * It "might have" been a typo
> >
> > After I posted the URL, you more recent posts
> >
> > * state that only then did you look and that is when you noticed the
> > comments where a poster said it was an error
> > * did you notice a later poster saying "Sprint has now raised the
> > price to $250 from their $199 original offering. Too bad if you did
> > not jump on this deal earlier".
> >
> > Basically all one needs to do is read what "you" wrote to see you post
> > things "adamantly as fact" when in fact you are only guessing. Just
> > because you guessed correct doesn't score you any points. Like they
> > say a broken clock is right twice a day
>
> Ron, I said in my first follow up to the original post, it could have been a
> typo ... and it was confirmed in a message that I requoted verbatim ...
>
> I don't know why you keep harping on this, save for the fact you can't get
> over the fact a mistake was make by whoever entered in the data onto SPCS's
> website originally.
>
> You really are starting to look like one with an anal retentive personality.
>
> Bob


"Bob Smith" <usirsclt_No_Spam_@earthlink.net> wrote in message news:<I_xrc.4259$Tn6.3971@newsread1.news.pas.earthlink.net>...
> "Ron" <ronf957@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> news:e0a6369d.0405211700.307d452b@posting.google.com...
> > Bob
> >
> > Projecting Bob, projecting; just because you got lucky doesn't make it
> > not so.
> >
> > You started with:
> >
> > * give us a break, no way, that "never" happened
> >
> > After another poster confirmed, the post morphed to
> >
> > * It "might have" been a typo
> >
> > After I posted the URL, you more recent posts
> >
> > * state that only then did you look and that is when you noticed the
> > comments where a poster said it was an error
> > * did you notice a later poster saying "Sprint has now raised the
> > price to $250 from their $199 original offering. Too bad if you did
> > not jump on this deal earlier".
> >
> > Basically all one needs to do is read what "you" wrote to see you post
> > things "adamantly as fact" when in fact you are only guessing. Just
> > because you guessed correct doesn't score you any points. Like they
> > say a broken clock is right twice a day
>
> Ron, I said in my first follow up to the original post, it could have been a
> typo ... and it was confirmed in a message that I requoted verbatim ...
>
> I don't know why you keep harping on this, save for the fact you can't get
> over the fact a mistake was make by whoever entered in the data onto SPCS's
> website originally.
>
> You really are starting to look like one with an anal retentive personality.
>
> Bob
!