DS2: Does Alacrity work with one weapon?

Does the melee skill Alacrity work with one weapon and a shield?

Blue

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2003

"Mike S." <mike@nowhere.com>
???????:f4bbi11s25t17ki6o1hpj1olb7rqspp0hi@4ax.com...
> Does the melee skill Alacrity work with one weapon and a shield?

Though my char has not yet gotten the alacrity, based on what I observed
from Princess Eva (I gave her dual weild and so the rest of the skills in
that tree) in the first round (I'm now in Veteran, playing as a melee
fighter, but played as archer in the first round), alacrity works with dual
wield only, since her attack speed is significantly higher when I gave her 2
weapons.