Rre: SMS-- Does anyone get CNN/Stock Quotes/ Sport Scores ..

Last response: in Network Providers
Share
May 15, 2004 3:32:23 AM

For real time stock quotes on my cell phone, I found
a website, www.7am.info.
you just send an sms email with the stock symbol and it
sends back the quote.
So far they don't charge for this service.

Cheers,
Mario

From: Jon Clark (jsclark@mail.tfz.net)
Subject: Re: SMS-- Does anyone get CNN/Stock Quotes/ Sport Scores on SPCS Phone?

Newsgroups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs
Date: 1999/06/21

try http://mobile.msn.com

This used to be Omnibrowse - they have sme basic services that might have
some of what you are looking for. In the fall or winter, Sprint claims they
will have services that deliver this info to your phone - more like the
passive "mail drops" that some alpha pagers provide, rather than the active
SMS messages you get via e-mail and the like.

Regards,

Jon Clark
jsclark@tfz.net

paulz28 <paulz28_nospam_@home.com> wrote in message
> x-no-archive: yes
>
> Just got SMS activated in SoCal--Yea! It's been a long wait. I'd like
> to get CNN Headlines/Stock Quotes/ Sport Scores delivered to my Sprint
> PCS phone.
>
> It seems that alphpagers easily can get such daily info, but it's not as
> ez to get it delivered to a PCS phone. Don't want to pay over $15/month
> for the delivered info.
>
> Hopefully in the future, SPCS will partner up with a provider of such
> services, so SPCS subscribers don't have to outsource for it.
>
> Can anyone recommend where to go for what I am looking for?
>

> Thx!
>
> pz
Anonymous
May 15, 2004 10:41:06 AM

mobile.yahoo.com never works for me. does it for anyone else?

On 14 May 2004
23:32:23-0700 gsm@webmail.name (Mario) wrote:

> For real time stock quotes on my cell phone, I found
> a website, www.7am.info.
> you just send an sms email with the stock symbol and it
> sends back the quote.
> So far they don't charge for this service.
>
> Cheers,
> Mario
>

> From: Jon Clark (jsclark@mail.tfz.net)
> Subject: Re: SMS-- Does anyone get CNN/Stock Quotes/ Sport Scores on SPCS
> Phone?
>

> Newsgroups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs
> Date: 1999/06/21
>

> try http://mobile.msn.com
>
> This used to be Omnibrowse - they have sme basic services that might have
> some of what you are looking for. In the fall or winter, Sprint claims they
> will have services that deliver this info to your phone - more like the
> passive "mail drops" that some alpha pagers provide, rather than the active
> SMS messages you get via e-mail and the like.
>
> Regards,
>
> Jon Clark
> jsclark@tfz.net
>

> paulz28 <paulz28_nospam_@home.com> wrote in message
> > x-no-archive: yes
> >
> > Just got SMS activated in SoCal--Yea! It's been a long wait. I'd like
> > to get CNN Headlines/Stock Quotes/ Sport Scores delivered to my Sprint
> > PCS phone.
> >
> > It seems that alphpagers easily can get such daily info, but it's not as
> > ez to get it delivered to a PCS phone. Don't want to pay over $15/month
> > for the delivered info.
> >
> > Hopefully in the future, SPCS will partner up with a provider of such
> > services, so SPCS subscribers don't have to outsource for it.
> >
> > Can anyone recommend where to go for what I am looking for?
> >

> > Thx!
> >
> > pz
Anonymous
May 15, 2004 12:13:37 PM

In article <ac47d46d.0405142232.12cc082@posting.google.com>,
gsm@webmail.name (Mario) wrote:

> For real time stock quotes on my cell phone, I found
> a website, www.7am.info.
> you just send an sms email with the stock symbol and it
> sends back the quote.
> So far they don't charge for this service.
>
> Cheers,
> Mario

Just so you remember that SprintPCS does charge for SMS messages.

Stock quotes can be gotten on an adhoc basis via the web through Vision.
Yahoo's are 20 minutes delayed, but often can be interpolated from
real-Time Nasdaq and NYSE.
May 15, 2004 10:50:50 PM

rmarkoff@yahoo.com (Røbert M) wrote:
<<Just so you remember that SprintPCS does charge for SMS messages. >>

They do charge for them unless you are on a Vision plan and have
specifically asked for SMS messaging to be added to your account. If
you have Vision, you get 100 messages (sent/received) free, and then its
10 cents per message after that. For $5, you can add unlimited SMS
messaging to your Vision plan. I do think you have to call and activate
SMS messaging on your plan regardless to get the 100 free messages per
month since it is a special add on to your plan.

If you do not have Vision, each message sent or received is 10 cents...
$5 for 100 messages or $10 for unlimited.

Eric
Anonymous
May 16, 2004 4:52:56 AM

In article <769-40A6ACDA-12@storefull-3233.bay.webtv.net>,
caperenewal@webtv.net (Eric) wrote:

> rmarkoff@yahoo.com (Røbert M) wrote:
> <<Just so you remember that SprintPCS does charge for SMS messages. >>
>
> They do charge for them unless you are on a Vision plan and have
> specifically asked for SMS messaging to be added to your account. If
> you have Vision, you get 100 messages (sent/received) free, and then its
> 10 cents per message after that. For $5, you can add unlimited SMS
> messaging to your Vision plan. I do think you have to call and activate
> SMS messaging on your plan regardless to get the 100 free messages per
> month since it is a special add on to your plan.
>
> If you do not have Vision, each message sent or received is 10 cents...
> $5 for 100 messages or $10 for unlimited.

Yes, but one can quickly generate hundreds of SMS messages by being
notified 20 days a month hourly. Just one stock would generate 140
messages.
May 16, 2004 5:50:56 PM

rmarkoff@yahoo.com (Røbert M.) wrote:
<<Yes, but one can quickly generate hundreds of SMS messages by being
notified 20 days a month hourly. Just one stock would generate 140
messages. >>

Well then the unlimited SMS package ($5/month for Vision customers,
$10/month for non-Vision users) would come in very handy. I am actually
impressed with Sprint for this pricing... while I think $5 is a little
expensive for just 100 messages (for non Vision users), the option to
add unlimited messages for a base price is great. I don't know any
other provider to offer this beyond a one or two month signup promotion.

Eric
August 11, 2009 5:52:13 AM

Good post. Does anyone need of stock quotes ans sports share. Me too need of it. I am looking for it. I knew one site where they provide a good quotes. If anyone like to get quotes related to any topic please visit this site.

Become a n'deavr affiliate
!