Gods and Heroes

New upcoming MMO, but their website doesn't have any updates on
the release date or when beta starts. According to MMORPG.com
they were supposed to launch 10/01/05 (October 1st); however
their website still says "fall 2005" and according to the devs on
their forums they say beta will start real soon now (tm).

http://www.godsandheroes.com/

It seems to be an MMO that's adding features like actual
"lock-on" combat where characters duel and the game has full
collision detection. I'm guessing this will play like the combat
in KOTOR which is most cool. Also they've added "squad" combat
where you lead NPCs from your camp into battle. It feels like a
cross betwen Eve and Rome: Total War without any crafting, and
heavy instancing.

It's the only MMO that is of interest to me right now. I was
looking forward to "Dark & Light" but the website is so abysmally
bad I'm assuming it will be an abortion now.

Since there hasn't been a beta yet, has anyone checked them out
at E3? Maybe played a demo of it there?
12 answers Last reply
More about gods heroes

    So if I'm not interested in PvP, guess this MMORPG is not for me

    On 2005-09-14, wolfing <wolfing1@yahoo.com> wrote:
    > So if I'm not interested in PvP, guess this MMORPG is not for me

    It's mostly PvE from what I can tell. They only have an arena for
    PvP.

    shadows <shadows@whitefang.com> once tried to test me with:

    > New upcoming MMO, but their website doesn't have any updates on
    > the release date or when beta starts. According to MMORPG.com
    > they were supposed to launch 10/01/05 (October 1st); however
    > their website still says "fall 2005" and according to the devs on
    > their forums they say beta will start real soon now (tm).
    >
    > http://www.godsandheroes.com/
    >
    > It seems to be an MMO that's adding features like actual
    > "lock-on" combat where characters duel and the game has full
    > collision detection. I'm guessing this will play like the combat
    > in KOTOR which is most cool. Also they've added "squad" combat
    > where you lead NPCs from your camp into battle. It feels like a
    > cross betwen Eve and Rome: Total War without any crafting, and
    > heavy instancing.

    The one interesting thing about the game is being able to control squads of
    NPCs. If that ends up really fun I might take a look.

    Once a Gamer, Always a Gamer.

    isn't that like a RTS then?

    On 2005-09-15, wolfing <wolfing1@yahoo.com> wrote:
    > isn't that like a RTS then?

    It's more like having a squad of pets playing with you. You still
    control your own character.

    so like guild wars using henchmen?

    On 2005-09-15, wolfing <wolfing1@yahoo.com> wrote:
    > so like guild wars using henchmen?

    Your trolling almost worked.

    "wolfing" <wolfing1@yahoo.com> looked up from reading the entrails of

    >so like guild wars using henchmen?

    Except in GW you have no control over the henchmen other than them
    attacking the same target you do (even if that's not a good idea.)

    Xocyll

    No really I'm interested, I just want to get a grasp of what the game
    is about.
    Let us knwo when beta starts!

    shadows wrote:
    > On 2005-09-15, wolfing <wolfing1@yahoo.com> wrote:
    > > so like guild wars using henchmen?
    >
    > Your trolling almost worked.
  10. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg (More info?)

    GWKiller? dunno what that means
    I checked the web page when I got home and it sounds like a good game,
    but since I haven't heard from it yet, kinda gives me the feeling it's
    low-budget and could get sunk under the heavier titles like CoV, D&DO
    and V:SoH, and it doesn't have the 'free monthly payment' lure of GW,
    so not sure about its future.

    Nostromo wrote:
    > Thus spake "wolfing" <wolfing1@yahoo.com>, 15 Sep 2005 12:59:37 -0700, Anno
    > Domini:
    >
    > >No really I'm interested, I just want to get a grasp of what the game
    > >is about.
    > >Let us knwo when beta starts!
    > >
    > >shadows wrote:
    > >>
    > >> Your trolling almost worked.
    >
    > Should we start calling you GWKiller now?
    >
    > --
    > A killfile is a friend for life.
    >
    > Replace 'spamfree' with the other word for 'maze' to reply via email.
  11. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg (More info?)

    Thus spake "wolfing" <wolfing1@yahoo.com>, 15 Sep 2005 12:59:37 -0700, Anno
    Domini:

    >No really I'm interested, I just want to get a grasp of what the game
    >is about.
    >Let us knwo when beta starts!
    >
    >shadows wrote:
    >> On 2005-09-15, wolfing <wolfing1@yahoo.com> wrote:
    >> > so like guild wars using henchmen?
    >>
    >> Your trolling almost worked.

    Should we start calling you GWKiller now?

    --
    A killfile is a friend for life.

  12. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg (More info?)

    Thus spake "wolfing" <wolfing1@yahoo.com>, 16 Sep 2005 05:29:55 -0700, Anno
    Domini:

    >GWKiller? dunno what that means
    >I checked the web page when I got home and it sounds like a good game,
    >but since I haven't heard from it yet, kinda gives me the feeling it's
    >low-budget and could get sunk under the heavier titles like CoV, D&DO
    >and V:SoH, and it doesn't have the 'free monthly payment' lure of GW,
    >so not sure about its future.

    Nm sorry mate - I just had a brain fart when I posted that. Thought you were
    taking the piss outta GW for all the wrong reasons *blush* DOH! :-/

    --
    A killfile is a friend for life.

PC gaming Video Games