Gods and Heroes

Last response: in Video Games
Share
September 14, 2005 5:01:00 PM

New upcoming MMO, but their website doesn't have any updates on
the release date or when beta starts. According to MMORPG.com
they were supposed to launch 10/01/05 (October 1st); however
their website still says "fall 2005" and according to the devs on
their forums they say beta will start real soon now (tm).

http://www.godsandheroes.com/

It seems to be an MMO that's adding features like actual
"lock-on" combat where characters duel and the game has full
collision detection. I'm guessing this will play like the combat
in KOTOR which is most cool. Also they've added "squad" combat
where you lead NPCs from your camp into battle. It feels like a
cross betwen Eve and Rome: Total War without any crafting, and
heavy instancing.

It's the only MMO that is of interest to me right now. I was
looking forward to "Dark & Light" but the website is so abysmally
bad I'm assuming it will be an abortion now.

Since there hasn't been a beta yet, has anyone checked them out
at E3? Maybe played a demo of it there?

More about : gods heroes

Anonymous
September 14, 2005 5:12:12 PM

So if I'm not interested in PvP, guess this MMORPG is not for me

shadows wrote:
> New upcoming MMO, but their website doesn't have any updates on
> the release date or when beta starts. According to MMORPG.com
> they were supposed to launch 10/01/05 (October 1st); however
> their website still says "fall 2005" and according to the devs on
> their forums they say beta will start real soon now (tm).
>
> http://www.godsandheroes.com/
>
> It seems to be an MMO that's adding features like actual
> "lock-on" combat where characters duel and the game has full
> collision detection. I'm guessing this will play like the combat
> in KOTOR which is most cool. Also they've added "squad" combat
> where you lead NPCs from your camp into battle. It feels like a
> cross betwen Eve and Rome: Total War without any crafting, and
> heavy instancing.
>
> It's the only MMO that is of interest to me right now. I was
> looking forward to "Dark & Light" but the website is so abysmally
> bad I'm assuming it will be an abortion now.
>
> Since there hasn't been a beta yet, has anyone checked them out
> at E3? Maybe played a demo of it there?
September 14, 2005 7:27:44 PM

On 2005-09-14, wolfing <wolfing1@yahoo.com> wrote:
> So if I'm not interested in PvP, guess this MMORPG is not for me

It's mostly PvE from what I can tell. They only have an arena for
PvP.
September 15, 2005 6:33:55 AM

shadows <shadows@whitefang.com> once tried to test me with:

> New upcoming MMO, but their website doesn't have any updates on
> the release date or when beta starts. According to MMORPG.com
> they were supposed to launch 10/01/05 (October 1st); however
> their website still says "fall 2005" and according to the devs on
> their forums they say beta will start real soon now (tm).
>
> http://www.godsandheroes.com/
>
> It seems to be an MMO that's adding features like actual
> "lock-on" combat where characters duel and the game has full
> collision detection. I'm guessing this will play like the combat
> in KOTOR which is most cool. Also they've added "squad" combat
> where you lead NPCs from your camp into battle. It feels like a
> cross betwen Eve and Rome: Total War without any crafting, and
> heavy instancing.

The one interesting thing about the game is being able to control squads of
NPCs. If that ends up really fun I might take a look.

Once a Gamer, Always a Gamer.
Anonymous
September 15, 2005 10:05:29 AM

isn't that like a RTS then?
September 15, 2005 12:28:30 PM

On 2005-09-15, wolfing <wolfing1@yahoo.com> wrote:
> isn't that like a RTS then?

It's more like having a squad of pets playing with you. You still
control your own character.
Anonymous
September 15, 2005 12:30:16 PM

so like guild wars using henchmen?
September 15, 2005 3:05:38 PM

On 2005-09-15, wolfing <wolfing1@yahoo.com> wrote:
> so like guild wars using henchmen?

Your trolling almost worked.
Anonymous
September 15, 2005 4:16:09 PM

"wolfing" <wolfing1@yahoo.com> looked up from reading the entrails of

>so like guild wars using henchmen?

Except in GW you have no control over the henchmen other than them
attacking the same target you do (even if that's not a good idea.)

Xocyll
September 15, 2005 4:59:37 PM

No really I'm interested, I just want to get a grasp of what the game
is about.
Let us knwo when beta starts!

shadows wrote:
> On 2005-09-15, wolfing <wolfing1@yahoo.com> wrote:
> > so like guild wars using henchmen?
>
> Your trolling almost worked.
Anonymous
September 16, 2005 9:29:55 AM

GWKiller? dunno what that means
I checked the web page when I got home and it sounds like a good game,
but since I haven't heard from it yet, kinda gives me the feeling it's
low-budget and could get sunk under the heavier titles like CoV, D&DO
and V:SoH, and it doesn't have the 'free monthly payment' lure of GW,
so not sure about its future.

Nostromo wrote:
> Thus spake "wolfing" <wolfing1@yahoo.com>, 15 Sep 2005 12:59:37 -0700, Anno
> Domini:
>
> >No really I'm interested, I just want to get a grasp of what the game
> >is about.
> >Let us knwo when beta starts!
> >
> >shadows wrote:
> >>
> >> Your trolling almost worked.
>
> Should we start calling you GWKiller now?
>
> --
> A killfile is a friend for life.
>
> Replace 'spamfree' with the other word for 'maze' to reply via email.
September 16, 2005 11:36:09 AM

Thus spake "wolfing" <wolfing1@yahoo.com>, 15 Sep 2005 12:59:37 -0700, Anno
Domini:

>No really I'm interested, I just want to get a grasp of what the game
>is about.
>Let us knwo when beta starts!
>
>shadows wrote:
>> On 2005-09-15, wolfing <wolfing1@yahoo.com> wrote:
>> > so like guild wars using henchmen?
>>
>> Your trolling almost worked.

Should we start calling you GWKiller now?

--
A killfile is a friend for life.

September 17, 2005 12:56:25 PM

Thus spake "wolfing" <wolfing1@yahoo.com>, 16 Sep 2005 05:29:55 -0700, Anno
Domini:

>GWKiller? dunno what that means
>I checked the web page when I got home and it sounds like a good game,
>but since I haven't heard from it yet, kinda gives me the feeling it's
>low-budget and could get sunk under the heavier titles like CoV, D&DO
>and V:SoH, and it doesn't have the 'free monthly payment' lure of GW,
>so not sure about its future.

Nm sorry mate - I just had a brain fart when I posted that. Thought you were
taking the piss outta GW for all the wrong reasons *blush* DOH! :-/

--
A killfile is a friend for life.