Sign in with
Your question

0x0000001a

Tags:
Last response: in Windows 7
June 11, 2012 7:55:39 AM

Hello,
I have Acer Aspire 5749Z-4706 with Windows 7. When I was trying to use Firefox today, it started crashing like crazy, then tried to launch Explorer, didn't even launch. Then the laptop itself started shutting down, restarting, shutting down, restarting... Caught a message on the blue screen: MEMORY_MANAGEMENT 0x0000001a... Tried to remove battery, disconnect from the power and press power button for over 30 seconds. After that the screen doesn't turn on. By the sound it seems like the laptop is trying to turn on, but the screen remains black. How do I recover from this?

More about : 0x0000001a

a b $ Windows 7
June 11, 2012 8:23:25 AM

Audrus said:
Hello,
I have Acer Aspire 5749Z-4706 with Windows 7. When I was trying to use Firefox today, it started crashing like crazy, then tried to launch Explorer, didn't even launch. Then the laptop itself started shutting down, restarting, shutting down, restarting... Caught a message on the blue screen: MEMORY_MANAGEMENT 0x0000001a... Tried to remove battery, disconnect from the power and press power button for over 30 seconds. After that the screen doesn't turn on. By the sound it seems like the laptop is trying to turn on, but the screen remains black. How do I recover from this?

Windows 7 Recovery Options
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/What-are-th...
a c 288 $ Windows 7
June 11, 2012 2:11:52 PM

If it does not even turn on, you have a hardware issue. From the error, the first thing to try is new RAM, or try running one one RAM stick if you have several installed. If the laptop seems to be starting but has a blank screen, connect an external monitor to it, use the proper Fn key to move the display to the monitor and see if you get an image. If you do, need to swap out the screen inverter or the LCD screen itself.
a b $ Windows 7
June 11, 2012 5:21:09 PM

Almost certainly RAM. Download memtest86 to a USB stick, and boot off that.
!