VGA1000

Does anyone know of a way to make the external rocker switch on the
Samsung activate the external LCD clock when there is NOT a message
waiting? The external LCD is useless without "lighting up", but there
is no way to make it do this unless you have a new message or an
incoming call... Would be really nice to be able to use the clock.

TurtleMan

Distinguished
May 1, 2004

Jon Smith <Jsmith@aol.com> wrote in message news:<40A9A11E.4080704@aol.com>...
> Does anyone know of a way to make the external rocker switch on the
> Samsung activate the external LCD clock when there is NOT a message
> waiting? The external LCD is useless without "lighting up", but there
> is no way to make it do this unless you have a new message or an
> incoming call... Would be really nice to be able to use the clock.

Just hold the volume select switch down for about 2 seconds! I
initially had the same "problem, which is not mentioned in the manual.

Patience is a virtue... Never would have thought to hold it down...

If you take your VGA1000 to a Sprint PCS store and have its software
updated to WL15, then you need only tap the side key to make the display
light up. Check your version with Menu-8-0-down arrow. Yours is
probably WG09.

TurtleMan

Distinguished
May 1, 2004

Frank: Thanks for the tip about the software update. The version in
my VGA1000 is indeed WG09. Actually, I'm not even sure I want the
ext. LCD backlight to come on every time I accidently bump the phone,
but might try to have the firmware updated the next time I'm by a
Sprint store anyway. BTW, are there any other changes to the lastest
code that you know about? Thanks
=========================
Frank Harris <frankbhX@XcompuserveX.com> wrote in message news:<c8k3a0$sdt$1@ngspool-d02.news.aol.com>...
> If you take your VGA1000 to a Sprint PCS store and have its software
> updated to WL15, then you need only tap the side key to make the display
> light up. Check your version with Menu-8-0-down arrow. Yours is
> probably WG09.

Brillo

Distinguished
May 18, 2004

terrapin@hotmail.com (Turtleman) wrote in

> Frank: Thanks for the tip about the software update. The version in
> my VGA1000 is indeed WG09. Actually, I'm not even sure I want the
> ext. LCD backlight to come on every time I accidently bump the phone,
> but might try to have the firmware updated the next time I'm by a
> Sprint store anyway. BTW, are there any other changes to the lastest
> code that you know about? Thanks
> =========================

yes would love to to what other updates there are?

thanks for the info Frank

In article <Xns94F0A99199881nospam@206.141.193.32>,
Brillo <brillo@NOwyan.org> wrote:

> terrapin@hotmail.com (Turtleman) wrote in
>
> > Frank: Thanks for the tip about the software update. The version in
> > my VGA1000 is indeed WG09. Actually, I'm not even sure I want the
> > ext. LCD backlight to come on every time I accidently bump the phone,
> > but might try to have the firmware updated the next time I'm by a
> > Sprint store anyway. BTW, are there any other changes to the lastest
> > code that you know about? Thanks
> > =========================
>

> yes would love to to what other updates there are?

http://www.sprintpcsinfo.com has a list of the current firmware Version
for SprintPCS phones.

Calvin

In article <c8k3a0$sdt$1@ngspool-d02.news.aol.com>,
Frank Harris <frankbhX@XcompuserveX.com> wrote:

> If you take your VGA1000 to a Sprint PCS store and have its software
> updated to WL15, then you need only tap the side key to make the display
> light up. Check your version with Menu-8-0-down arrow. Yours is
> probably WG09.

What else is changed with the update?