Future Dial and Sanyo 8200

Last response: in Network Providers
May 18, 2004 9:37:19 AM

I have recently gotten two Sanyo 8200 phones and have purchased the data
cable from RS along with SnapSync and SnapMedia, both of which I hoped would
be updated to include the 8200, but this has not occurred yet. I want to be
able to transfer pictures, ringtones and contact info between my PC and the
phone.

I have emailed FutureDial tech support about this and have received no info
yet.

I will appreciate any help/information anyone can provide on this.

Chuck

--
A bad day on the golf course is better than a good day at work.

---

More about : future dial sanyo 8200

Anonymous
May 18, 2004 3:08:28 PM

In article <10ajpsdgvuvnea5@corp.supernews.com>,
"Chuck W" <cwild@knology.net> wrote:

> I have recently gotten two Sanyo 8200 phones and have purchased the data
> cable from RS along with SnapSync and SnapMedia, both of which I hoped would
> be updated to include the 8200, but this has not occurred yet. I want to be
> able to transfer pictures, ringtones and contact info between my PC and the
> phone.
>
> I have emailed FutureDial tech support about this and have received no info
> yet.
>
> I will appreciate any help/information anyone can provide on this.
>
> Chuck

FutureDial currently does not show the 8200 on their website as
supported. Perhaps the drivers for the 8100 or 5500 would work. You need
to go to their website and register with your email address and serial
number to download the latest drivers in any event.

http://www.futuredial.com

Alternatively return the software to RadioShack, and see about getting
DataPilot, which for $34.95 performs the functionality of both
FutureDial products.

http://www.datapilot.com; although Datapilot does not show it yet
supports the Sanyo 8200.
Anonymous
May 18, 2004 6:41:02 PM

"Chuck W" <cwild@knology.net> wrote in message
> I have recently gotten two Sanyo 8200 phones and have purchased the data
> cable from RS along with SnapSync and SnapMedia, both of which I hoped
would
> be updated to include the 8200, but this has not occurred yet. I want to
be
> able to transfer pictures, ringtones and contact info between my PC and
the
> phone.
>
> I have emailed FutureDial tech support about this and have received no
info
> yet.
>
> I will appreciate any help/information anyone can provide on this.
>
> Chuck
>
> --
> A bad day on the golf course is better than a good day at work.
>

> ---

The USB drivers for the 8100/4900/5300 *seem* to work. When the installer
asks you to specify a phone, choose one of the three phones. I did this for
a friend and it works now and then. Try this and see.
May 18, 2004 7:52:43 PM

"Røbert M" <rmarkoff@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:rmarkoff-E011CA.06082718052004@news06.east.earthlink.net...
> FutureDial currently does not show the 8200 on their website as
> supported. Perhaps the drivers for the 8100 or 5500 would work. You need
> to go to their website and register with your email address and serial
> number to download the latest drivers in any event.
>
> http://www.futuredial.com

As a test, I just downloaded a Samsung USB driver from that site,
and was not asked for anything (serial number or email address).

--

John Richards
Anonymous

In article <2gpqc.13633$zO3.13099@newsread2.news.atl.earthlink.net>,
"DavyDE" <DavyDE@NYC.ny> wrote:

> The USB drivers for the 8100/4900/5300 *seem* to work. When the installer
> asks you to specify a phone, choose one of the three phones. I did this for
> a friend and it works now and then. Try this and see.

I should think the 5500 with the same resolution screen would work best?
Anonymous
May 19, 2004 2:08:23 AM

On 5/18/04 12:49 PM, in article
rmarkoff-D5455C.11493418052004@news06.east.earthlink.net, "Røbert M"
<rmarkoff@yahoo.com> wrote:

> In article <2gpqc.13633$zO3.13099@newsread2.news.atl.earthlink.net>,
> "DavyDE" <DavyDE@NYC.ny> wrote:
>
>> The USB drivers for the 8100/4900/5300 *seem* to work. When the installer
>> asks you to specify a phone, choose one of the three phones. I did this for
>> a friend and it works now and then. Try this and see.
>
> I should think the 5500 with the same resolution screen would work best?

Haven't had a chance to try out that phone yet.
http://davidosa1.spymac.net/blog/
Anonymous
May 19, 2004 7:51:33 PM

In article <rmarkoff-D5455C.11493418052004
@news06.east.earthlink.net>, rmarkoff@yahoo.com says...
> I should think the 5500 with the same resolution screen would work best?

If I may pick your brain for a moment, what makes you think screen
resolution has bearing on communications drivers? Just curious.

I would think the video functions of the 5500 would suggest a
somewhat different internal memory structure, possibly meaning
incompatibility. But I'm totally guessing.

--
RØß
O/Siris

O/Siris wrote:

> If I may pick your brain for a moment, what makes you think screen
> resolution has bearing on communications drivers? Just curious.
>
> I would think the video functions of the 5500 would suggest a
> somewhat different internal memory structure, possibly meaning
> incompatibility. But I'm totally guessing.

While heavy clipping has taken it out, and it's not mentioned in the
subject line, Snap Media was also mentioned in the original post in this
thread.
-mike
Anonymous
June 8, 2004 8:36:02 AM

Future Dial SnapSync now supports the 8200

They are working on SnapMedia, it should be available soon

I am using SnapSync on my 2 Sanyo 8200 phones

On Tue, 18 May 2004 05:37:19 -0500, "Chuck W" <cwild@knology.net>
wrote:

>I have recently gotten two Sanyo 8200 phones and have purchased the data
>cable from RS along with SnapSync and SnapMedia, both of which I hoped would
>be updated to include the 8200, but this has not occurred yet. I want to be
>able to transfer pictures, ringtones and contact info between my PC and the
>phone.
>
>I have emailed FutureDial tech support about this and have received no info
>yet.
>
>I will appreciate any help/information anyone can provide on this.
>
>Chuck
Anonymous
June 8, 2004 11:37:13 PM

Lizard@Lair.com wrote:

> Future Dial SnapSync now supports the 8200
>
> They are working on SnapMedia, it should be available soon
>
> I am using SnapSync on my 2 Sanyo 8200 phones

So I take it the data cable for the 8100 works for the 8200?
Like the salesman told me it would?
June 9, 2004 5:11:58 AM

Michael Arends wrote:
> Lizard@Lair.com wrote:
>
>>Future Dial SnapSync now supports the 8200
>>
>>They are working on SnapMedia, it should be available soon
>>
>>I am using SnapSync on my 2 Sanyo 8200 phones
>>

> So I take it the data cable for the 8100 works for the 8200?
> Like the salesman told me it would?

Yes, all 8100 connections work with the 8200:
Antenna
SCI charge port
Sanyo Charge/Data port
2.5mm headset jack
-mike
Anonymous
November 21, 2004 12:53:31 AM

my future dial dont have sanyo 8200 on its list?
can i pick the 8100??

i downloaded the "sanyo driver" is the 8200 driver in it?
wut do i do after i Dl it, it dont have an instyaller.

--
sumbody
http://cellphoneforums.net

Bob Smith wrote:
> *"sumbody" <sumbody.1g1yw2@nospam.cellphoneforums.net> wrote in
> message
> >
> > my future dial dont have sanyo 8200 on its list?
> > can i pick the 8100??
> >
> > i downloaded the "sanyo driver" is the 8200 driver in it?
> > wut do i do after i Dl it, it dont have an instyaller.
>
> Have you even tried to communicate with Future Dial yet?
>
> By the by, it might help if you didn't try to so hard to sound like
> you
> lived in a trailer down by the river ...
>
> Bob *

river? huh?
well the people up there said they used futuredial..so i was wondering
how did they got it to work..

--
sumbody
http://cellphoneforums.net

"sumbody" <sumbody.1g1yw2@nospam.cellphoneforums.net> wrote in message

> my future dial dont have sanyo 8200 on its list?
> can i pick the 8100??
>
> i downloaded the "sanyo driver" is the 8200 driver in it?
> wut do i do after i Dl it, it dont have an instyaller.

Have you even tried to communicate with Future Dial yet?

By the by, it might help if you didn't try to so hard to sound like you
lived in a trailer down by the river ...

Bob
May 15, 2009 8:01:37 AM

I have used my Sanyo 8200 since 2004. Used drivers for 8100. Started using future dial back in 2003. Still works great on my laptop. Im hoping it works on Vista. Need to transfer software to new one but I can't find my serial #. Any suggestions??
!