Stark

Distinguished
Feb 12, 2003
Hello All,

OK bear with me am posting my query and the only reply I got below to ask a followup as there seems to be no way to reply to my own posts:
------------------------------------------

Does anyone here know if or indeed use the Sony DRU-500AX under windows NT I'm presuming its possible but before I reccomend buying them to my boss I need to know. I've searched google and can't find an answer ditto the sony page it supports every other OS and presumably as an IDE (ATAPI) device it would work under NT but I'd like to know for sure!

Thanks in advance for your help

Rob

--------------------------------------------

REPLY QUOTE:

ejsmith2
(Ancient Poster)
02/18/03 06:07 PM
Re: Sony DRU-500AX [re: Stark]

Are you talking about NT 4.0, 5.0, or 5.1?

Or, hell, 5.2?

I don't know nothing about it working with 4.0. But I hear it works great with 5.1, which is what I'm running; with service pack 1, now.

I'm going down to pick one up later tonite. Along with a fair amount of different media.

"I personally think filesystems should be rewritten from scratch every 5 years..." --- Hans Reiser
--------------------------------------------
END OF QUOTE

As far as I can see from this reply your confused - windows NT4 is Windows NT, 5.0 is Windows 2000 and 5.1 is Windows XP. Which does not answer my question as I already knew that windows 2000 could run it. I'm running Windows NT 4 service pack 6. Can any one help me out and state definately that they have personally run this DVD Writer in that operating system

Thanks in advance

R

ejsmith2

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2001
Nope.

Dunno about NT4.0.

You might ask over at <A HREF="http://www.ntcompatible.com" target="_new">http://www.ntcompatible.com</A>, as a few of those guys run all kinds of stuff.

"I personally think filesystems should be rewritten from scratch every 5 years..." --- Hans Reiser

BrianDavies

Distinguished
Mar 11, 2003
I have had 3 Sony DRU-500A drives and none of them work with anything, tried XP, and 2000. The "AX" hardware is exactly the same as the "A". The "AX" has the latest firmware fitted, which is version 1.0g, but Sony have renamed it version 2.0 and renamed the drive, which doesn't make any sense? In the UK, where I am, the DRU "tech support", if you can stretch the meaning, receive hundreds of reported faults EVERY DAY. The drive is CRAP. SO BEWARE, and good luck. (I have decided to bite the bullet and buy a "tried and tested" DVD -R drive).

I have millions of coasters anyone interested??????

TRENDING THREADS