AT&T Wireless to be reborn

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.attws,alt.cellular.sprintpcs,alt.cellular (More info?)

When and if Cingular acquires AT&T Wireless, they will soon thereafter
lose the right to use the AT&T name.

AT&T wants to again have its own Wireless brand (so as to have a full
suite of services to sell) (as does MCI).

To that end like AT&T has reached a deal to sell Wireless services under
its own brand name, but use the SprintPCS network, like Virgin Mobile
does.

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=568&ncid=749&e=2&u=/nm/20
040518/bs_nm/telecoms_sprint_att_dc


(cut and paste the link if Outlook Express "breaks it")

============================

Meanwhile that leaves MCI. Three possibilities:

1. MCI will remain wioth no cellular business (unlikely)

2. MCI will resell Sprint's network like AT&T is now signed on to do.

3. Sprint will buy MCI, now valued at less than $5 Billion after
emerging from bankruptcy. Although they may now have to compete with
Telmex.

http://biz.yahoo.com/rc/040513/telecoms_mci_1.html

Sure a sign of how Bushnomics has changed things if Mexican concerns are
now getting ready to buy American Industries?

Have you got your Bush $2 gasolene yet?
33 answers Last reply
More about wireless reborn
  1. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.attws,alt.cellular.sprintpcs,alt.cellular (More info?)

    "Røbert M" <rmarkoff@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    news:rmarkoff-DC7572.07280918052004@news06.east.earthlink.net...
    > When and if Cingular acquires AT&T Wireless, they will soon thereafter
    > lose the right to use the AT&T name.
    >
    > AT&T wants to again have its own Wireless brand (so as to have a full
    > suite of services to sell) (as does MCI).
    >
    > To that end like AT&T has reached a deal to sell Wireless services under
    > its own brand name, but use the SprintPCS network, like Virgin Mobile
    > does.
    >
    > http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=568&ncid=749&e=2&u=/nm/20
    > 040518/bs_nm/telecoms_sprint_att_dc
    >
    > (cut and paste the link if Outlook Express "breaks it")

    I was going to post the same info, but put in a link EVERYONE can click on,
    instead of having to do a copy & paste. Why don't you use tinyurl.com
    Phillipe? For those that don't want to copy & paste, here's another link to
    the Reuters article - http://tinyurl.com/2uc2f

    Bob
  2. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.attws,alt.cellular.sprintpcs,alt.cellular (More info?)

    In article <GOnqc.68$Tn6.7@newsread1.news.pas.earthlink.net>, Bob Smith
    <usirsclt_No_Spam_@earthlink.net> wrote:

    > Why don't you use tinyurl.com Phillipe?

    I don't know about him, but a lot of us don't click on URLs that lead
    us down blind alleys. You have NO idea where a tinyurl link will take
    you, be it a porn site or whatnot. At least makeashorterlink.com gives
    you a preview of where you'll be going.

    However, had he put the long URL in angle-brackets <like this>, any
    non-braindead usenet reader would have made the whole thing clickable
    anyway. That'd be the simplest option for everyone.

    --
    Garner R. Miller
    Manchester, CT =USA=
  3. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

    For those that don't want to copy & paste, here's another link to the Reuters
    article - <A HREF="http://tinyurl.com/2uc2f">http://tinyurl.com/2uc2f</A>

    Thank you for that.

    SprintPCS apparently makes good money from its deal with Virgin Wireless, and
    likely stands to be helped a lot by this 5 year deal with AT&T, which would
    then be hard for AT&T to discontinue, and Sprint PCS could be in the drivers
    seat in negotiating a renewal. The Network is built for Sprint's use, and
    incremental use is just wonderful for the bean counters. Hopefully not too many
    cases of the networks being overused (like happened in Chicago earlier on for
    Sprint PCS) will occur. Its very frustrating for users to not be able to place
    a call
    when they feel the need (i.e. a heavy rainfall at 5 PM).
  4. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.attws,alt.cellular.sprintpcs,alt.cellular (More info?)

    I wonder if Mobile to Mobile calls will be treated as such to AT&T v2?
    Are SprintPCS calls to Virgin Mobile calls treated as MtoM?

    Or are they going to get their own block of numbers or do they already have
    that now?

    Scotty


    "Bob Smith" <usirsclt_No_Spam_@earthlink.net> wrote in message
    news:GOnqc.68$Tn6.7@newsread1.news.pas.earthlink.net...
    >
    > "Røbert M" <rmarkoff@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > news:rmarkoff-DC7572.07280918052004@news06.east.earthlink.net...
    > > When and if Cingular acquires AT&T Wireless, they will soon thereafter
    > > lose the right to use the AT&T name.
    > >
    > > AT&T wants to again have its own Wireless brand (so as to have a full
    > > suite of services to sell) (as does MCI).
    > >
    > > To that end like AT&T has reached a deal to sell Wireless services under
    > > its own brand name, but use the SprintPCS network, like Virgin Mobile
    > > does.
    > >
    > >
    http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=568&ncid=749&e=2&u=/nm/20
    > > 040518/bs_nm/telecoms_sprint_att_dc
    > >
    > > (cut and paste the link if Outlook Express "breaks it")
    >
    > I was going to post the same info, but put in a link EVERYONE can click
    on,
    > instead of having to do a copy & paste. Why don't you use tinyurl.com
    > Phillipe? For those that don't want to copy & paste, here's another link
    to
    > the Reuters article - http://tinyurl.com/2uc2f
    >
    > Bob
    >
    >
  5. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.attws,alt.cellular.sprintpcs,alt.cellular (More info?)

    In article <iuoqc.82869$sK3.63701@nwrddc03.gnilink.net>,
    "Scott Nelson - Wash DC" <spamcop@bnmnetworks.net> wrote:

    > I wonder if Mobile to Mobile calls will be treated as such to AT&T v2?
    > Are SprintPCS calls to Virgin Mobile calls treated as MtoM?


    Not likely and no.
  6. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.attws,alt.cellular.sprintpcs,alt.cellular (More info?)

    Scott Nelson - Wash DC wrote:
    > I wonder if Mobile to Mobile calls will be treated as such to AT&T v2?
    > Are SprintPCS calls to Virgin Mobile calls treated as MtoM?
    >
    > Or are they going to get their own block of numbers or do they already have
    > that now?
    >
    > Scotty

    You know, I wondered the same thing. According to my bill, Virgin Mobile
    calls don't count as mobile to mobile for Sprint customers.
    -mike
  7. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

    (Scott Nelson - Wash DC) wrote:
    <<Are SprintPCS calls to Virgin Mobile calls treated as MtoM? >>

    No, sadly.

    Eric
  8. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

    "Nebby00007" <nebby00007@aol.com> wrote in message
    news:20040518092118.22537.00000696@mb-m29.aol.com...
    > For those that don't want to copy & paste, here's another link to the
    Reuters
    > article - <A HREF="http://tinyurl.com/2uc2f">http://tinyurl.com/2uc2f</A>
    >
    > Thank you for that.

    You have a problem with your newsreader rendering links. Why is the URL
    showing up twice in the same link? It makes the link useless.

    Bob
  9. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.attws,alt.cellular.sprintpcs,alt.cellular (More info?)

    "Røbert M" <rmarkoff@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:rmarkoff-DC7572.07280918052004@news06.east.earthlink.net...
    > When and if Cingular acquires AT&T Wireless, they will soon thereafter
    > lose the right to use the AT&T name.
    >
    > AT&T wants to again have its own Wireless brand (so as to have a full
    > suite of services to sell) (as does MCI).
    >
    > To that end like AT&T has reached a deal to sell Wireless services under
    > its own brand name, but use the SprintPCS network, like Virgin Mobile
    > does.
    >
    > http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=568&ncid=749&e=2&u=/nm/20
    > 040518/bs_nm/telecoms_sprint_att_dc
    >
    >
    > (cut and paste the link if Outlook Express "breaks it")

    Outlook Express didn't break it. Your news client "MT-NewsWatcher/3.4 (PPC Mac OS X)"
    broke it by inserting a carriage return character after the "/20".

    --

    John Richards
  10. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.attws,alt.cellular.sprintpcs,alt.cellular (More info?)

    In article <180520041251571308%garner@netstreet.net>,
    Garner Miller <garner@netstreet.net> wrote:

    > However, had he put the long URL in angle-brackets <like this>, any
    > non-braindead usenet reader would have made the whole thing clickable
    > anyway. That'd be the simplest option for everyone.

    Outlook Express still fails on those.
  11. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.attws,alt.cellular.sprintpcs,alt.cellular (More info?)

    In article <rmarkoff-590412.12061318052004@news06.east.earthlink.net>,
    Røbert M <rmarkoff@yahoo.com> wrote:

    > In article <180520041251571308%garner@netstreet.net>,
    > Garner Miller <garner@netstreet.net> wrote:
    >
    > > However, had he put the long URL in angle-brackets <like this>, any
    > > non-braindead usenet reader would have made the whole thing clickable
    > > anyway. That'd be the simplest option for everyone.
    >
    > Outlook Express still fails on those.

    As I said, any NON-braindead newsreader. OE doesn't qualify, I'm
    afraid.

    --
    Garner R. Miller
    Manchester, CT =USA=
  12. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.attws,alt.cellular.sprintpcs,alt.cellular (More info?)

    In alt.cellular R?bert M <rmarkoff@yahoo.com> wrote:
    > In article <180520041251571308%garner@netstreet.net>,
    > Garner Miller <garner@netstreet.net> wrote:
    >
    >> However, had he put the long URL in angle-brackets <like this>, any
    >> non-braindead usenet reader would have made the whole thing clickable
    >> anyway. That'd be the simplest option for everyone.
    >
    > Outlook Express still fails on those.

    Outhouse Distress is a bug-ridden piece of junk.

    He said "non-braindead."

    --
    JustThe.net Internet & New Media Services, Apple Valley, CA PGP: 0xE3AE35ED
    Steven J. Sobol, Geek In Charge / 888.480.4NET (4638) / sjsobol@JustThe.net
    Domain Names, $9.95/yr, 24x7 service: http://DomainNames.JustThe.net/
    "someone once called me a sofa, but i didn't feel compelled to rush out and buy
    slip covers." -adam brower * Hiroshima '45, Chernobyl '86, Windows 98/2000/2003
  13. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.attws,alt.cellular.sprintpcs,alt.cellular (More info?)

    "Røbert M" <rmarkoff@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:rmarkoff-590412.12061318052004@news06.east.earthlink.net...
    > In article <180520041251571308%garner@netstreet.net>,
    > Garner Miller <garner@netstreet.net> wrote:
    >
    >> However, had he put the long URL in angle-brackets <like this>, any
    >> non-braindead usenet reader would have made the whole thing clickable
    >> anyway. That'd be the simplest option for everyone.
    >
    > Outlook Express still fails on those.

    I have no problem clicking on long URLs, unless they are irretrievably broken
    by the originator.

    John Richards (long-time OE user)
  14. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.attws,alt.cellular.sprintpcs,alt.cellular (More info?)

    "Steven J Sobol" <sjsobol@JustThe.net> wrote in message
    news:sL-dnUVy6cWezDfdRVn-tw@lmi.net...
    <snipped>

    Getting back to the matter at hand, apparently the market likes the deal, as
    FON's stock is up $0.49 as I type this. I can see this as a nice revenue
    jump for SPCS's bottom line and their unused bandwidth.

    The thing I don't get here, will be their dependency on SPCS for the next
    five years, and what their current customer base is going to do, ... whether
    they go with Cingular with their current handsets and expanded coverage
    area, or stay with ATTW and spend lots of money in all new handsets.

    As a SPCS customer, I'm not too worried about reduced coverage areas, with
    the extra customers accessing the system, as Sprint has said they are adding
    2000 new towers coast to coast.

    It will be interesting to see how ATTW tries to market their service and how
    many customers they take from the Cingular deal. Things might get more
    interesting down the road with mergers (if the FTC ever allows it), between
    all the companies using SPCS's system (Virgin, Quest & now ATTW).

    Bob
  15. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.attws,alt.cellular.sprintpcs,alt.cellular (More info?)

    "Røbert M" wrote:

    >
    > Have you got your Bush $2 gasolene yet?

    $2 Gasoline? How about 2.78 here for premium..
    THANK YOU GWB...
  16. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.attws,alt.cellular.sprintpcs,alt.cellular (More info?)

    In article <180520041314564033%garner@netstreet.net>,
    Garner Miller <garner@netstreet.net> wrote:

    > In article <rmarkoff-590412.12061318052004@news06.east.earthlink.net>,
    > Røbert M <rmarkoff@yahoo.com> wrote:
    >
    > > In article <180520041251571308%garner@netstreet.net>,
    > > Garner Miller <garner@netstreet.net> wrote:
    > >
    > > > However, had he put the long URL in angle-brackets <like this>, any
    > > > non-braindead usenet reader would have made the whole thing clickable
    > > > anyway. That'd be the simplest option for everyone.
    > >
    > > Outlook Express still fails on those.
    >
    > As I said, any NON-braindead newsreader. OE doesn't qualify, I'm
    > afraid.

    We have posters here who get upset if anyone suggests they use anything
    else.
  17. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.attws,alt.cellular.sprintpcs,alt.cellular (More info?)

    In alt.cellular R?bert M <rmarkoff@yahoo.com> wrote:

    > We have posters here who get upset if anyone suggests they use anything
    > else.

    Like who?

    --
    JustThe.net Internet & New Media Services, Apple Valley, CA PGP: 0xE3AE35ED
    Steven J. Sobol, Geek In Charge / 888.480.4NET (4638) / sjsobol@JustThe.net
    Domain Names, $9.95/yr, 24x7 service: http://DomainNames.JustThe.net/
    "someone once called me a sofa, but i didn't feel compelled to rush out and buy
    slip covers." -adam brower * Hiroshima '45, Chernobyl '86, Windows 98/2000/2003
  18. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.attws,alt.cellular.sprintpcs,alt.cellular (More info?)

    In article <40AA57F0.64E7AC35@NOSPAMearthlink.net>,
    Michael Arends <mlarends@NOSPAMearthlink.net> wrote:

    > "Røbert M" wrote:
    >
    > >
    > > Have you got your Bush $2 gasolene yet?
    >
    > $2 Gasoline? How about 2.78 here for premium..
    > THANK YOU GWB...

    In 2000, Bush Said OPEC Can Be Blamed As the "Main Reason" for Gas
    Prices. As a Presidential Candidate in June 2000, Bush said the "main
    reason" for gas prices was OPEC withholding production and he "would
    hope the administration could convince our friends at OPEC to open up
    the spigots." [Associated Press, 6/21/00]


    or maybe this one:

    "In January 2000, with oil prices at nearly $28 a barrel, Bush called
    on President Clinton to 'jawbone OPEC' to get prices to retreat. 'What I
    think the president ought to do,' he said while campaigning in New
    Hampshire where heating oil prices were soaring, 'is he ought to get on
    the phone with the OPEC cartel and say, 'We expect you to open your
    spigots,'" according to the Associated Press. [Associated Press, 3/20/01]


    "Open the Spigot" was a standard stump phrase of Bush in Spring 2000.
  19. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

    caperenewal@webtv.net (Eric) wrote in message news:<6875-40AA62E1-684@storefull-3232.bay.webtv.net>...
    > (Scott Nelson - Wash DC) wrote:
    > <<Are SprintPCS calls to Virgin Mobile calls treated as MtoM? >>
    >
    > No, sadly.
    >
    > Eric

    But why should they be treated as mobile to mobile? Virgin Mobile is
    an entirely different carrier than Sprint. So is Qwest. I never once
    thought that would or should happen. Of course it would be nice if
    that were the case.
  20. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

    In article <6875-40AA62E1-684@storefull-3232.bay.webtv.net>,
    caperenewal@webtv.net (Eric) wrote:

    > (Scott Nelson - Wash DC) wrote:
    > <<Are SprintPCS calls to Virgin Mobile calls treated as MtoM? >>
    >
    > No, sadly.
    >
    > Eric

    And I assume its the same with Quest.
  21. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

    -----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
    Hash: SHA1

    Larry Thomas <larryt510@hotmail.com> wrote:
    >
    > But why should they be treated as mobile to mobile? Virgin Mobile is
    > an entirely different carrier than Sprint. So is Qwest. I never once
    > thought that would or should happen. Of course it would be nice if
    > that were the case.

    Well, since, to my knowledge, there is no M2M with Virgin Mobile, such
    an arrangement would only benefit Sprint PCS customers anyway, and since
    Sprint would have to eat the cost of this service (why would Virgin,
    their is no benefit for Virgin customers), it makes no sense to
    implement M2M between Virgin and Sprint PCS customers.

    - --

    Thomas T. Veldhouse
    Key Fingerprint: 2DB9 813F F510 82C2 E1AE 34D0 D69D 1EDC D5EC AED1

    -----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
    Version: GnuPG v1.2.4 (FreeBSD)

    iD8DBQFAqtnA1p0e3NXsrtERAmgAAJ4kgvSae9IfW18pxyhrwUWXT6yuvQCfSPjH
    BpEM5CtzCWKjlx7zVi1y0ls=
    =bkNs
    -----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
  22. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.attws,alt.cellular.sprintpcs,alt.cellular (More info?)

    "[ a m z ]" <amz.REMOVE@eskimo.THIS.com> wrote in message news:f%tqc.437$Tn6.388@newsread1.news.pas.earthlink.net...
    > And all of that is BS anyway. Forget what Clinton & GWB do or have done
    > re:OPEC. That is just a convenient excuse for public consumption. NEITHER
    > side wants to blame oil companies or environmentalists. If you just look a
    > bit into the petroleum industry, you'd see that these prices have less to do
    > with the price of a barrel of crude and FAR more to do with refinery
    > capacity and US demand. Since they haven't built a new one in a long time,
    > refineries are operating at capacity. People want more gas than they can
    > produce. I'm personally not sure why they haven't built more refineries,
    > but I'd probably blame environmentalists for making it impossible and/or the
    > oil companies for being short-sighted.
    >
    > ECON 101 -- increased demand + fixed supply = high prices.

    I know that my state (CA) is very short on refining capacity.
    Personally I won't mind if gas goes to $3 a gallon, the silver lining will be
    fewer damn SUVs on the road.

    --

    John Richards
  23. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.attws,alt.cellular.sprintpcs,alt.cellular (More info?)

    "John Richards" wrote:
    > "[ a m z ]" wrote:
    > > People want more gas than they can produce. I'm personally not sure
    > > why they haven't built more refineries, but I'd probably blame
    > > environmentalists for making it impossible and/or the
    > > oil companies for being short-sighted.
    > >
    > > ECON 101 -- increased demand + fixed supply = high prices.
    >
    > I know that my state (CA) is very short on refining capacity.
    > Personally I won't mind if gas goes to $3 a gallon, the silver
    > lining will be fewer damn SUVs on the road.

    Was listening to a commentator the other day who pointed out that if you can
    afford one of the big SUV's, you likely can afford to spend whatever you
    want on gas, too. However, it might well mean fewer broken-down 70's land
    yachts and rusty pickups on the road.
  24. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.attws,alt.cellular.sprintpcs,alt.cellular (More info?)

    >> Outlook Express still fails on those.
    >
    > Outhouse Distress is a bug-ridden piece of junk.
    >
    > He said "non-braindead."


    I don't necessarily disagree, but try to find a newsreader mail program
    that handles IMAP and POP really well and is stable. I have tried Mozilla,
    Thunderbird, Poco Mail, Eudora, Netscape and Mulberry and always ended up
    reluctantly back to Outlook or OE. I'd love a great alternative but
    especially as it relates to IMAP, not very many decent options.
  25. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.attws,alt.cellular.sprintpcs,alt.cellular (More info?)

    In alt.cellular Scott <scottg@nospam.com> wrote:

    > I don't necessarily disagree, but try to find a newsreader mail program
    > that handles IMAP and POP really well and is stable. I have tried Mozilla,
    > Thunderbird, Poco Mail, Eudora, Netscape and Mulberry and always ended up
    > reluctantly back to Outlook or OE. I'd love a great alternative but
    > especially as it relates to IMAP, not very many decent options.

    I use Mozilla Thunderbird, although not for news (for news I use tin on a
    Linux shell account). Thunderbird rocks.

    --
    JustThe.net Internet & New Media Services, Apple Valley, CA PGP: 0xE3AE35ED
    Steven J. Sobol, Geek In Charge / 888.480.4NET (4638) / sjsobol@JustThe.net
    Domain Names, $9.95/yr, 24x7 service: http://DomainNames.JustThe.net/
    "someone once called me a sofa, but i didn't feel compelled to rush out and buy
    slip covers." -adam brower * Hiroshima '45, Chernobyl '86, Windows 98/2000/2003
  26. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.attws,alt.cellular.sprintpcs,alt.cellular (More info?)

    In article <UZCqc.2554$EI7.1006@newssvr32.news.prodigy.com>,
    "John Richards" <supportdesk70-NO-SPAM@NO.SPAM.sbcglobal.net> wrote:

    > "[ a m z ]" <amz.REMOVE@eskimo.THIS.com> wrote in message
    > news:f%tqc.437$Tn6.388@newsread1.news.pas.earthlink.net...
    > > And all of that is BS anyway. Forget what Clinton & GWB do or have done
    > > re:OPEC. That is just a convenient excuse for public consumption. NEITHER
    > > side wants to blame oil companies or environmentalists. If you just look a
    > > bit into the petroleum industry, you'd see that these prices have less to
    > > do
    > > with the price of a barrel of crude and FAR more to do with refinery
    > > capacity and US demand. Since they haven't built a new one in a long time,
    > > refineries are operating at capacity. People want more gas than they can
    > > produce. I'm personally not sure why they haven't built more refineries,
    > > but I'd probably blame environmentalists for making it impossible and/or
    > > the
    > > oil companies for being short-sighted.
    > >
    > > ECON 101 -- increased demand + fixed supply = high prices.
    >
    > I know that my state (CA) is very short on refining capacity.
    > Personally I won't mind if gas goes to $3 a gallon, the silver lining will be
    > fewer damn SUVs on the road.

    How about a windfall profits tax on the Oil Companies, who will now get
    $42/barrel for domestic oil they happily sold for $27 last year.
  27. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.attws,alt.cellular.sprintpcs,alt.cellular (More info?)

    In article <yfDqc.1139$Tn6.668@newsread1.news.pas.earthlink.net>,
    "[ a m z ]" <amz.REMOVE@eskimo.THIS.com> wrote:

    > Was listening to a commentator the other day who pointed out that if you can
    > afford one of the big SUV's, you likely can afford to spend whatever you
    > want on gas, too. However, it might well mean fewer broken-down 70's land
    > yachts and rusty pickups on the road.

    Hummer sales are slumping.
  28. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.attws,alt.cellular.sprintpcs,alt.cellular (More info?)

    -----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
    Hash: SHA1

    In alt.cellular.sprintpcs Scott <scottg@nospam.com> wrote:
    >
    > I don't necessarily disagree, but try to find a newsreader mail program
    > that handles IMAP and POP really well and is stable. I have tried Mozilla,
    > Thunderbird, Poco Mail, Eudora, Netscape and Mulberry and always ended up
    > reluctantly back to Outlook or OE. I'd love a great alternative but
    > especially as it relates to IMAP, not very many decent options.

    Same problem here exactly! I use TIN for the most part on UNIX
    (FreeBSD) and that serves my needs, but it does a poor job at filtering
    Phillip's FUD.

    - --

    Thomas T. Veldhouse
    Key Fingerprint: 2DB9 813F F510 82C2 E1AE 34D0 D69D 1EDC D5EC AED1

    -----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
    Version: GnuPG v1.2.4 (FreeBSD)

    iD8DBQFAq3II1p0e3NXsrtERApu8AJsHtUMvgSuDMvy59CfclwYTrHTp8wCeKvqR
    XR09BFnZIi0C7HqIlzNieb0=
    =0hcg
    -----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
  29. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.attws,alt.cellular.sprintpcs,alt.cellular (More info?)

    -----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
    Hash: SHA1

    In alt.cellular.sprintpcs Steven J Sobol <sjsobol@justthe.net> wrote:
    >
    > I use Mozilla Thunderbird, although not for news (for news I use tin on a
    > Linux shell account). Thunderbird rocks.
    >

    I used to use Thunderbird (with GPG) for my email, but it doens't play
    well with COURIER-IMAP. It works most of the time flawlessly, but
    occassionally it messes up the subscribed file and places a ghost folder
    in the tree. Further, it occassionally moves folders around seemingly
    randomly. This is an issue, because I use procmail to sort my email
    prior to fetching it and I can end up with the same folder in two
    places, and not notice it until I realize that some expected messages
    are missing from one of them. It can be hard to recitify this problem,
    so I quit using it until they fix some of the bugs.

    - --

    Thomas T. Veldhouse
    Key Fingerprint: 2DB9 813F F510 82C2 E1AE 34D0 D69D 1EDC D5EC AED1

    -----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
    Version: GnuPG v1.2.4 (FreeBSD)

    iD8DBQFAq3uL1p0e3NXsrtERAiMVAJ9Eb7eIzPyNUKuryRSi4vortMcSawCfb59u
    Qe4MEgac1mjVwiZnT6J2C3I=
    =/0mJ
    -----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
  30. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.attws,alt.cellular.sprintpcs,alt.cellular (More info?)

    In alt.cellular Scott Nelson - Wash DC <spamcop@bnmnetworks.net> wrote:
    > I wonder if Mobile to Mobile calls will be treated as such to AT&T v2?

    Doubtful.

    > Are SprintPCS calls to Virgin Mobile calls treated as MtoM?

    No.
  31. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.attws,alt.cellular.sprintpcs,alt.cellular (More info?)

    "Mike" <spamtrap@zbuffer.com> wrote in message
    news:iOoqc.115$Tn6.53@newsread1.news.pas.earthlink.net...

    >
    > You know, I wondered the same thing. According to my bill, Virgin Mobile
    > calls don't count as mobile to mobile for Sprint customers.


    Why should they? M2M is a marketing tool to try to attract people's friends
    and family to all sign on to the same carrier, in order to get "free calls."
    Similar to long-distance calling circles of about a decade ago.

    What incentive would Sprint have to see its competitor have that advantage
    over it?
  32. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.attws,alt.cellular.sprintpcs,alt.cellular (More info?)

    In article <vyIBc.21705$Y3.7006@newsread2.news.atl.earthlink.net>,
    "Jeremy" <jeremy@nospam.thanks.com> wrote:

    >
    > "Mike" <spamtrap@zbuffer.com> wrote in message
    > news:iOoqc.115$Tn6.53@newsread1.news.pas.earthlink.net...
    >
    > >
    > > You know, I wondered the same thing. According to my bill, Virgin Mobile
    > > calls don't count as mobile to mobile for Sprint customers.
    >
    >
    > Why should they? M2M is a marketing tool to try to attract people's friends
    > and family to all sign on to the same carrier, in order to get "free calls."
    > Similar to long-distance calling circles of about a decade ago.
    >
    > What incentive would Sprint have to see its competitor have that advantage
    > over it?

    Cause Sprint gets paid by Virgin mobile about 10 cents for every minute
    they use, so it's something that would be trivial to do IF THEY WANTED
    TO.

    But that might require a Customer Friendly Outlook on things, something
    SprintPCS is rarely accused of.
  33. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.attws,alt.cellular.sprintpcs,alt.cellular (More info?)

    In article <rmarkoff-EA6545.22034121062004
    @news02.east.earthlink.net>, rmarkoff@faq.cIty says...
    > But that might require a Customer Friendly Outlook on things, something
    > SprintPCS is rarely accused of.
    >

    Complete and utter hogwash, Phillie, and, worse, you know it.

    Every carrier, even the virtual ones, wants to differentiate itself,
    make itself unique. This is one of the means of doing so.

    --
    RØß
    O/Siris
    I work for Sprint PCS
    I *don't* speak for them
Ask a new question

Read More

Sprint PCS Wireless At&T Internet Service Providers Product