terry

Just finished NWN and the 2 expansion moduels,

Can somebody reccomend a large hack and slash module
freely available.

Something I can get my teeth into.

Thanks

rogerm

Terry wrote:

> Just finished NWN and the 2 expansion moduels,
>
> Can somebody reccomend a large hack and slash module
> freely available.
>
> Something I can get my teeth into.
>
> Thanks

I recommend playing online. I can point you to a good server if you
want.

Try the Lord of Terror. You can find NWN modules here:

http://nwvault.ign.com/

Check out the top rated modules.

>guild wars seems to be close to diablo, but with better 3d

It must be clueless week

terry

"RogerM" <rodger.mckay@ns.sympatico.ca> wrote in message
> Terry wrote:
>
>> Just finished NWN and the 2 expansion moduels,
>>
>> Can somebody reccomend a large hack and slash module
>> freely available.
>>
>> Something I can get my teeth into.
>>
>> Thanks
>
> I recommend playing online. I can point you to a good server if you
> want.

Never tried online. Can you point me to a server.

Regards

rogerm

Terry wrote:

> "RogerM" <rodger.mckay@ns.sympatico.ca> wrote in message
> > Terry wrote:
> >
> >> Just finished NWN and the 2 expansion moduels,
> >>
> >> Can somebody reccomend a large hack and slash module
> >> freely available.
> >>
> >> Something I can get my teeth into.
> >>
> >> Thanks
> >
> > I recommend playing online. I can point you to a good server if you
> > want.
> >

> Never tried online. Can you point me to a server.
>
> Regards

at the opening menu screen, choose 'multiplayer'
then choose 'join internet game'
create an account (really just an online ID)
When the game selector screen loads, click on 'PW Action' as game type
(upper left hand of screen)
the game name is "cheyenne"
When you join the server, just tell the folks there you're new. They are
a pretty helpful bunch. Otherwise, read the journal entries describing
the server's rules and quirks.

If you're going to try it out now, reply here, and I'll go online for a
bit to show you around. Or we can arrange a time later for the same.

Good luck and happy adventuring.

> Terry wrote:
>
>> "RogerM" <rodger.mckay@ns.sympatico.ca> wrote in message

>> > I recommend playing online. I can point you to a good server if you
>> > want.
>> >

>> Never tried online. Can you point me to a server.
>>
>> Regards
>
> at the opening menu screen, choose 'multiplayer'
> then choose 'join internet game'
> create an account (really just an online ID)
> When the game selector screen loads, click on 'PW Action' as game type
> (upper left hand of screen)
> the game name is "cheyenne"
> When you join the server, just tell the folks there you're new. They are
> a pretty helpful bunch. Otherwise, read the journal entries describing
> the server's rules and quirks.
>
> If you're going to try it out now, reply here, and I'll go online for a
> bit to show you around. Or we can arrange a time later for the same.
>
> Good luck and happy adventuring.

I have entered the server and created a character.

How do I save a game ??

Regards

On that special day, Terry, (terry@tbean.freeserve.co.uk) said...

> Just finished NWN and the 2 expansion moduels,
>
> Can somebody reccomend a large hack and slash module
> freely available.
>
> Something I can get my teeth into.

If you don't mind playing long winded stories, you may find an Ultima
on
> http://reconstruction.voyd.net/index.php?event=project&typeKeyword=remakes3d

Gabriele Neukam

Gabriele.Spamfighter.Neukam@t-online.de

just so, at no cost.

rogerm

Terry wrote:

> I have entered the server and created a character.
>
> How do I save a game ??
>
> Regards

The server itself saves all in-game progress.

> Terry wrote:
>

>> I have entered the server and created a character.
>>
>> How do I save a game ??
>>
>> Regards
>
> The server itself saves all in-game progress.

Thanks for your help on server.

Regards

terry

"RogerM" <rodger.mckay@ns.sympatico.ca> wrote in message
> Terry wrote:
>

>> I have entered the server and created a character.
>>
>> How do I save a game ??
>>
>> Regards
>
> The server itself saves all in-game progress.

I am impressed. Online is definately the way to go.
Combat is a little more difficult without Pause.

Regards

rogerm

Terry wrote:

> "RogerM" <rodger.mckay@ns.sympatico.ca> wrote in message
> > Terry wrote:
> >

> >> I have entered the server and created a character.
> >>
> >> How do I save a game ??
> >>
> >> Regards
> >
> > The server itself saves all in-game progress.
> >

> I am impressed. Online is definately the way to go.
> Combat is a little more difficult without Pause.
>
> Regards

The server is quite big. Lots of areas, lots of different monsters to
kill, lots of loot. Enjoy.

It's even more fun in a party, but the choice is yours.

Quoth The Raven: Terry <terry@tbean.freeserve.co.uk> in
dgrl8c$5dl$1@news7.svr.pol.co.uk

--
The early worm gets eaten by the bird, so sleep late.

Take out the _CURSING to reply to me

On Thu, 22 Sep 2005 00:27:57 +1000, Highlandish wrote:

> guild wars seems to be close to diablo, but with better 3d

Except that Terry asked for a NWN module, not for a new game. A free module
at that. ;)

M.

On 21/09/05 16:02, Alex Mars wrote:
> Try the Lord of Terror. You can find NWN modules here:
>
> http://nwvault.ign.com/

Any recommendations for a good module for an uber-character who's
finished HOU? The three "official" Bioware ones seem aimed at quite
low-level characters.

> Terry wrote:
>
>> "RogerM" <rodger.mckay@ns.sympatico.ca> wrote in message

>> > The server itself saves all in-game progress.
>> >

>> I am impressed. Online is definately the way to go.
>> Combat is a little more difficult without Pause.
>>
>> Regards
>
> The server is quite big. Lots of areas, lots of different monsters to
> kill, lots of loot. Enjoy.
>
> It's even more fun in a party, but the choice is yours.

Help !!

I have completed the tailor Miram quest in East Dunnet and gone back to
Dedrallabenray
and received another quest from the queen. I am much to weak to go north.

I am now at loss on how to proceed. I need another quest rather then
wandering
around aimlessly.

Regards

terry

"Alex Mars" <Soulclaw@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Try the Lord of Terror. You can find NWN modules here:
>
> http://nwvault.ign.com/
>
> Check out the top rated modules.
>
>>guild wars seems to be close to diablo, but with better 3d
>
> It must be clueless week

I have downloaded the 'lord of terror' .RAR file.

What do I do with it. No rude replies please. :)

Regards

rogerm

Terry wrote:

> I have downloaded the 'lord of terror' .RAR file.
>
> What do I do with it. No rude replies please. :)
>
> Regards

You need the winrar program to unzip that file. There should be a link
to it somewhere on the vault site, or you can use google to find the
download.

rogerm

Terry wrote:

> "RogerM" <rodger.mckay@ns.sympatico.ca> wrote in message
> > Terry wrote:
> >
> >> "RogerM" <rodger.mckay@ns.sympatico.ca> wrote in message

> >> I am impressed. Online is definately the way to go.
> >> Combat is a little more difficult without Pause.
> >>
> >> Regards
> >
> > The server is quite big. Lots of areas, lots of different monsters to
> > kill, lots of loot. Enjoy.
> >
> > It's even more fun in a party, but the choice is yours.
> >

> Help !!
>
> I have completed the tailor Miram quest in East Dunnet and gone back to
> Dedrallabenray
> and received another quest from the queen. I am much to weak to go north.
>
> I am now at loss on how to proceed. I need another quest rather then
> wandering
> around aimlessly.
>
> Regards

That quest from the queen shouldn't even be thought about until you are at
least L20.

For further advancement, you can go east from the city if you are at least
L5. Once you get to the highway, there is a small homestead whose occupant
will give you a quest in the sewers beneath. I'd wait until L8 to try it
solo, though.

You can travel along the highway exploring the caves which are located in the
area. Do each one once, and you'll be high enough level to do the sewer
quest.

> Terry wrote:
>
>> "RogerM" <rodger.mckay@ns.sympatico.ca> wrote in message

>> > The server is quite big. Lots of areas, lots of different monsters to
>> > kill, lots of loot. Enjoy.
>> >
>> > It's even more fun in a party, but the choice is yours.
>> >

>> Help !!
>>
>> I have completed the tailor Miram quest in East Dunnet and gone back to
>> Dedrallabenray
>> and received another quest from the queen. I am much to weak to go north.
>>
>> I am now at loss on how to proceed. I need another quest rather then
>> wandering
>> around aimlessly.
>>
>> Regards
>
> That quest from the queen shouldn't even be thought about until you are at
> least L20.
>
> For further advancement, you can go east from the city if you are at least
> L5. Once you get to the highway, there is a small homestead whose occupant
> will give you a quest in the sewers beneath. I'd wait until L8 to try it
> solo, though.
>
> You can travel along the highway exploring the caves which are located in
> the
> area. Do each one once, and you'll be high enough level to do the sewer
> quest.

Then how do I proceed ?

Regards

rogerm

Terry wrote:

> "RogerM" <rodger.mckay@ns.sympatico.ca> wrote in message
> > Terry wrote:
> >
> >> "RogerM" <rodger.mckay@ns.sympatico.ca> wrote in message

> >> Help !!
> >>
> >> I have completed the tailor Miram quest in East Dunnet and gone back to
> >> Dedrallabenray
> >> and received another quest from the queen. I am much to weak to go north.
> >>
> >> I am now at loss on how to proceed. I need another quest rather then
> >> wandering
> >> around aimlessly.
> >>
> >> Regards
> >
> > That quest from the queen shouldn't even be thought about until you are at
> > least L20.
> >
> > For further advancement, you can go east from the city if you are at least
> > L5. Once you get to the highway, there is a small homestead whose occupant
> > will give you a quest in the sewers beneath. I'd wait until L8 to try it
> > solo, though.
> >
> > You can travel along the highway exploring the caves which are located in
> > the
> > area. Do each one once, and you'll be high enough level to do the sewer
> > quest.
> >

> Then how do I proceed ?
>
> Regards

The server isn't exactly filled with quests. As you requested, it's mostly hack
& slash.

If you're under L5, you can explore the lower level of the orc cave and the wild
areas to the west of East Dunnet. once you make L5, your main hangout should be
the highway and the caves which it leads to. Do those and the sewer quest until
L9 or 10, then you can continue west on the highway to get a quest at the inn.
Performing that quest will lead to to the giant lands which you can farm for
good cash and exp.

To aid you in your adventuring, I suggest buying a 'wand of the city' from the
fellow in the main square of Dedrallaben City. It does cost 50,000 gold, though,
so it might take a while to make that much.

When you have gems and jewelry to sell, go to the travel office and buy a ticket
to Fort Alandreana. One of the dudes on the piers in the harbour will take you
there if you have the ticket. There is a gem dealer near the pier in Alandreana
who pays MUCH higher prices for gems and jewels. Well worth the time and expense
to go there.

terry

"Terry" <terry@tbean.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message

> "RogerM" <rodger.mckay@ns.sympatico.ca> wrote in message
>> Terry wrote:
>>
>>> "RogerM" <rodger.mckay@ns.sympatico.ca> wrote in message

>>> Help !!
>>>
>>> I have completed the tailor Miram quest in East Dunnet and gone back to
>>> Dedrallabenray
>>> and received another quest from the queen. I am much to weak to go
>>> north.
>>>
>>> I am now at loss on how to proceed. I need another quest rather then
>>> wandering
>>> around aimlessly.
>>>
>>> Regards
>>
>> That quest from the queen shouldn't even be thought about until you are
>> at
>> least L20.
>>
>> For further advancement, you can go east from the city if you are at
>> least
>> L5. Once you get to the highway, there is a small homestead whose
>> occupant
>> will give you a quest in the sewers beneath. I'd wait until L8 to try it
>> solo, though.
>>
>> You can travel along the highway exploring the caves which are located in
>> the
>> area. Do each one once, and you'll be high enough level to do the sewer
>> quest.
>>

> Then how do I proceed ?
>
> Regards

I cant find another quest.

> Terry wrote:
>
>> "RogerM" <rodger.mckay@ns.sympatico.ca> wrote in message

>> > That quest from the queen shouldn't even be thought about until you are
>> > at
>> > least L20.
>> >
>> > For further advancement, you can go east from the city if you are at
>> > least
>> > L5. Once you get to the highway, there is a small homestead whose
>> > occupant
>> > will give you a quest in the sewers beneath. I'd wait until L8 to try
>> > it
>> > solo, though.
>> >
>> > You can travel along the highway exploring the caves which are located
>> > in
>> > the
>> > area. Do each one once, and you'll be high enough level to do the sewer
>> > quest.
>> >

>> Then how do I proceed ?
>>
>> Regards
>
> The server isn't exactly filled with quests. As you requested, it's mostly
> hack
> & slash.
>
> If you're under L5, you can explore the lower level of the orc cave and
> the wild
> areas to the west of East Dunnet. once you make L5, your main hangout
> should be
> the highway and the caves which it leads to. Do those and the sewer quest
> until
> L9 or 10, then you can continue west on the highway to get a quest at the
> inn.
> Performing that quest will lead to to the giant lands which you can farm
> for
> good cash and exp.
>
> To aid you in your adventuring, I suggest buying a 'wand of the city' from
> the
> fellow in the main square of Dedrallaben City. It does cost 50,000 gold,
> though,
> so it might take a while to make that much.
>
> When you have gems and jewelry to sell, go to the travel office and buy a
> ticket
> to Fort Alandreana. One of the dudes on the piers in the harbour will take
> you
> there if you have the ticket. There is a gem dealer near the pier in
> Alandreana
> who pays MUCH higher prices for gems and jewels. Well worth the time and
> expense
> to go there.

Thanks

You unzip the module and put it in the Modules folder, if there are
haks put them in the Hak folder. There should be a readme that covers
this.

>Why are they using this instead of the standard winzip ?

Winrar compresses a bit smaller than Winzip. All the cool people use
winrar.

On that special day, Terry, (terry@tbean.freeserve.co.uk) said...

> I have downloaded the 'lord of terror' .RAR file.
>
> What do I do with it. No rude replies please. :)

Get ALzip, which will unrar it for free.

http://www.altools.net/Default.aspx?tabid=53