What new phone?

Last response: in Network Providers
a b Ô Samsung
May 18, 2004 2:39:00 PM

Our old Samsung BTS 350 is failing and must be replaced. We do NOT need
cameras, data transmission, etc so what is the best phone for us if we stay
with Sprint PCS? We need normal telephone service with reliability, 4
towers, el cheapo prices, etc. What manufacturer, model number is best for
us?

Any help will be deeply appreciated.
John

More about : phone

May 18, 2004 9:49:44 PM

bassrecord wrote:
> Our old Samsung BTS 350 is failing and must be replaced. We do NOT need
> cameras, data transmission, etc so what is the best phone for us if we stay
> with Sprint PCS? We need normal telephone service with reliability, 4
> towers, el cheapo prices, etc. What manufacturer, model number is best for
> us?
>
> Any help will be deeply appreciated.
> John

Nokia 3588i. If you are against the data thing, there is the Motorola
V60v, but I find it a little pricey.
-mike
May 18, 2004 10:22:23 PM

it is not cheap but my moto phone gets a signal when other Sprint PCS phones do not

Mike <spamtrap@zbuffer.com> wrote in message news:<Y0sqc.282$Tn6.227@newsread1.news.pas.earthlink.net>...
> bassrecord wrote:
> > Our old Samsung BTS 350 is failing and must be replaced. We do NOT need
> > cameras, data transmission, etc so what is the best phone for us if we stay
> > with Sprint PCS? We need normal telephone service with reliability, 4
> > towers, el cheapo prices, etc. What manufacturer, model number is best for
> > us?
> >
> > Any help will be deeply appreciated.
> > John
> >

> Nokia 3588i. If you are against the data thing, there is the Motorola
> V60v, but I find it a little pricey.
> -mike
a b Ô Samsung
May 19, 2004 2:36:55 AM

Are you saying it is better than the 49xx sanyos????
I'm asking because my 4900 just went kaput....:(

On 18 May 2004 18:22:23 -0700, ronf957@hotmail.com (Ron) wrote:

>it is not cheap but my moto phone gets a signal when other Sprint PCS phones do not
>
>Mike <spamtrap@zbuffer.com> wrote in message news:<Y0sqc.282$Tn6.227@newsread1.news.pas.earthlink.net>...
>> bassrecord wrote:
>> > Our old Samsung BTS 350 is failing and must be replaced. We do NOT need
>> > cameras, data transmission, etc so what is the best phone for us if we stay
>> > with Sprint PCS? We need normal telephone service with reliability, 4
>> > towers, el cheapo prices, etc. What manufacturer, model number is best for
>> > us?
>> >
>> > Any help will be deeply appreciated.
>> > John
>> >

>> Nokia 3588i. If you are against the data thing, there is the Motorola
>> V60v, but I find it a little pricey.
>> -mike
May 19, 2004 11:10:19 AM

From my experience living in a weak coverage area, my Moto phone gets
a signal when others (including the Sanyo 8100) do not.

I haven't tried against all the other phones just a few of the more
expensive sprint phones my friends / relatives carry. In my house I
get passable coverage (with dropped calls) they get no service, or
hardly any service.

I am also really hard on my phone, I drop it a lot, from a ladder on
occasion, and it still works. I did recently snap the antenna but I
had been putting it in my front pocket (and sitting, driving, digging
it out while sitting, etc...) because I broke the belt carrier and had
not gotten around to buying a new one. After a week or two of that
abuse the antenna gave out.

Ron

Willa Jabir <SpamNotAllow@spam.net> wrote in message news:<vglla0t4q400jamseuik43ivhn7el6b4dd@4ax.com>...
> Are you saying it is better than the 49xx sanyos????
> I'm asking because my 4900 just went kaput....:(
>
> On 18 May 2004 18:22:23 -0700, ronf957@hotmail.com (Ron) wrote:
>
> >it is not cheap but my moto phone gets a signal when other Sprint PCS phones do not
> >
> >Mike <spamtrap@zbuffer.com> wrote in message news:<Y0sqc.282$Tn6.227@newsread1.news.pas.earthlink.net>...

> >> Nokia 3588i. If you are against the data thing, there is the Motorola
> >> V60v, but I find it a little pricey.
> >> -mike
Anonymous
a b Ô Samsung
May 19, 2004 5:40:39 PM

I dont think anyone who has had hands on a Moto V60v (let alone side by side
compared it to a Sanyo) has yet posted here, so I think it's premature to say
anything about the V60v's ability at receiving calls.

It is fair to say its an almost 3 year old design phone.
Anonymous
a b Ô Samsung
May 19, 2004 6:04:07 PM

"Nebby00007" <nebby00007@aol.com> wrote in message
> I dont think anyone who has had hands on a Moto V60v (let alone side by
side
> compared it to a Sanyo) has yet posted here, so I think it's premature to
say
> anything about the V60v's ability at receiving calls.
>
> It is fair to say its an almost 3 year old design phone.

And 3 years in the wireless industry is forever ... This is an antiquated
model, considering it's 4K display.

Bob
!