Keep Losing Signal

bigtalon

Honorable
Dec 29, 2012
I am running a 2 Router System in my home, Both have Wireless, Both have been configured correctly, With seperate Channels, But they also have seperate SSID's, One I allow my neighbor to use, so its limited, and by using the different SSID, I can have 2 different wireless passwords. My problem is this, He will play or use it just fine when needed during the day, But then come the next morning when he wakes up, The signal doesn't show up as being there, He see's my router's SSID, but the router he use's is nowhere to be found. He uses it on his PS3 to play games / watch netflix. I am tired of rebooting the router every single morning, is there anyway to fix this issue, or figure out whats causing him to lose the signal ? When I'm in my house, I can still aquire the signal to the router, but He cannot until I reset it.

Solution
Ok, one of a few things is happening here..

1. Your neighbor is trolling you.

2. The Router is changing it's SSID to hidden after a certain amount of time for whatever reason. check this setting.

3. Have they tried to connect to the point manually? Ie: Entered the SSID and password as the network as opposed to just scanning for it? If it remembers it as a static network this may help, rather than constantly scanning for it?

Hopefully point 3 may help?

Vanadil

Distinguished
Aug 12, 2010
Ok, one of a few things is happening here..

1. Your neighbor is trolling you.

2. The Router is changing it's SSID to hidden after a certain amount of time for whatever reason. check this setting.

3. Have they tried to connect to the point manually? Ie: Entered the SSID and password as the network as opposed to just scanning for it? If it remembers it as a static network this may help, rather than constantly scanning for it?

Hopefully point 3 may help?

Solution