Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion end march 06

Last response: in Video Games
September 22, 2005 3:00:31 AM

Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion end march 06 release ...so say AMAZON.CO.UK
..........but then until very recently they gave release as late this
September ???

luv mouse

@@@@
Anonymous
September 22, 2005 9:28:50 AM

"Trimble Bracegirdle" <NOspam@spam.not> wrote in message
> Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion end march 06 release ...so say AMAZON.CO.UK
> .........but then until very recently they gave release as late this
> September ???

November (not September) is the US release date.

--
"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"Now, quack, damn you!"

Multiversal Mercenaries
You name it, we kill it. Any time, any reality.
September 22, 2005 6:26:07 PM

GSV Three Minds in a Can wrote:

> Come on guys, it'll be done when it's done .. anyone who forecasts
> software release dates is an idiot,

More likely a manager at the VP level in Marketing. But then we're
probably both right.

Another point to consider is that this title is part of the Xbox 360
release. I'm not sure just how important Oblivion is to MS's plans but
I find it hard to imagine that "The Bill" would let Bethesda release
this for PC before Xbox. Or let it be late.

And don't forget that Bethesda has released titles in the past that
required a patch or two before they were "done". My bet is that it will
ship as long as the character creation and save game functions work.
September 22, 2005 7:10:49 PM

Bitstring <mirYe.250$u8.4634@typhoon.sonic.net>, from the wonderful
person James Gassaway <dtravel@sonic.net> said
>"Trimble Bracegirdle" <NOspam@spam.not> wrote in message
>> Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion end march 06 release ...so say AMAZON.CO.UK
>> .........but then until very recently they gave release as late this
>> September ???
>>

>November (not September) is the US release date.

Come on guys, it'll be done when it's done .. anyone who forecasts
software release dates is an idiot, remember the first rule of
engineering (including software) is 'It takes longer and costs more'.

Unless you want a 'TOEE quality' release, of course .. 8>.

--
GSV Three Minds in a Can
September 22, 2005 10:15:23 PM

U¿ytkownik "James Gassaway" <dtravel@sonic.net> napisa³ w wiadomo¶ci
> "Trimble Bracegirdle" <NOspam@spam.not> wrote in message
> > Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion end march 06 release ...so say AMAZON.CO.UK
> > .........but then until very recently they gave release as late this
> > September ???
> >

> November (not September) is the US release date.

Novemeber? Nah, closer to Christams I would say.

M.
Anonymous
September 22, 2005 10:15:24 PM

On Thu, 22 Sep 2005 18:15:23 +0200, "Mandella"
<raggnarok@poczta.onet.pl> wrote:

>U¿ytkownik "James Gassaway" <dtravel@sonic.net> napisa³ w wiadomo¶ci
>> "Trimble Bracegirdle" <NOspam@spam.not> wrote in message
>> > Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion end march 06 release ...so say AMAZON.CO.UK
>> > .........but then until very recently they gave release as late this
>> > September ???
>> >

>> November (not September) is the US release date.
>
>Novemeber? Nah, closer to Christams I would say.

In which case there are going to be a lot of disappointed Xbox360
purchasers. Bethesda would be insane to release the Xbox360 version
without first using the PC folk as real-world beta-testers on a game
as complex and extensive as this one. Insanity check-date
21 November 2005... the current release date for the Xbox360.

John Lewis

>M.

Anonymous
September 23, 2005 4:33:46 AM

"Mandella" <raggnarok@poczta.onet.pl> wrote in message
news:D gulba$ao9$1@atlantis.news.tpi.pl...

> U¿ytkownik "James Gassaway" <dtravel@sonic.net> napisa³ w wiadomo¶ci
>> "Trimble Bracegirdle" <NOspam@spam.not> wrote in message
>> > Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion end march 06 release ...so say AMAZON.CO.UK
>> > .........but then until very recently they gave release as late this
>> > September ???
>> >

>> November (not September) is the US release date.
>
> Novemeber? Nah, closer to Christams I would say.

*shrug* The latest word on Bethesda's TES forums is November. Beyond that,
I dunno. Not that it matters that much to me, I'm still (happily) slogging
my thru Morrowind.

--

!