Rebuilding a RAID 0 array

Hi you guys,
I have lost my original RAID 0 array, so I want rebuild this array and do a Win7 clean installation. That's why I need your help. At this moment I'm using 1 HDD only in AHCI mode and the other one is inactive and empty. Please let me tell you what I think to do.
1.- I put the BIOS in RAID mode.
2.- Reboot and by using CTRL-I I can enter into the RAID page and construct my Stripping Array.
3.- I put Win7 in my DVD and reboot.
4.- Install Win7.
However I have a few doubts.
- Sequence 1-4 is correct?
- Need I RAID drivers in some media or in a booteable USB FD? I suspect that not, but I'm not sure.
Thanks a lot in advance for helping!
My Notebook:
msi GT780DXR-446US
i7-2670 QM
2x WD Scorpio 750GB 7200rpm HDDs (both recognized by the BIOS)
GTX 570M 3GB GDDR5
BD burner
Windows 7 Home Premium 64bits
4 answers Last reply
More about rebuilding raid array
  1. your steps are correct. during windows install you press F6 to use raid drivers
  2. nhasian said:
    your steps are correct. during windows install you press F6 to use raid drivers

Thank you so much nhasian, I appreciate it! F6 is correct, but for some reason (I don't Know) in my notebook is CTRL I.
  3. ctrl I is for the bios, during install windows will ask for drivers when you press F6, or you may be able to install drivers during the win7 location selection process
  4. 13thmonkey said:
    ctrl I is for the bios, during install windows will ask for drivers when you press F6, or you may be able to install drivers during the win7 location selection process

I see friend, thanks a lot for helping!
Ask a new question

Read More

NAS / RAID Windows 7