Sign in with
Your question

SB Live problems

Tags:
  • Sound Cards
  • Components
Last response: in Components
February 21, 2003 5:13:01 AM

Here's my second problem, again which I'll try to keep it short and sweet. My secondary computer has a SB Live Platinum in it. After I reinstalled Win 98 on it last year, I did not install all of the software on the disks for the SB Live; I merely started with the latest driver and went from there. Now, however, I would like to get the taskbar program where you can run speaker tests, change environmental effects, etc. However, when I try to install off the disk, it just hangs up and does nothing with the drivers installation.

Is there another way to run speaker tests or set up environmental audio? If not, I'd like to remove the drivers for this. I tried doing that last night in the device manager by right clicking the SB card and related items and selecting remove, but it did not work. When I rebooted the computer, it simply came back up and installed the drivers back for the card even though I hadn't requested it to.

So what's the best way to remove the sound card drivers and start over? I think that's what I need to do with this card in particular.

Thanks!

signature? what's that?

More about : live problems

February 21, 2003 5:39:03 AM

Well, you could try the "update driver" feature in device manager, select "choose driver from specific location" and force the old one after finding it on the CD.

<font color=blue>Watts mean squat if you don't have quality!</font color=blue>
!