Sprint Vision on Vacation Plan

Last response: in Network Providers
May 19, 2004 4:30:09 PM

I have my Sprint phone on the vacation plan. I know it will cost me $1 a
minute if I use it to make a phone call. Yikes. However, what if I use
Vision but not a voice call. How much would that cost? O/Sirus could you
also tell me if I can have a month-to-month plan for Vision only? Thanks!
DonnaB
Anonymous
May 19, 2004 4:30:10 PM

In article <lrIqc.20515$th.13212@fe2.columbus.rr.com>,
Donna Becker <dbecker5@cinci.rr.com> wrote:
>I have my Sprint phone on the vacation plan. I know it will cost me $1 a
>minute if I use it to make a phone call. Yikes. However, what if I use
>Vision but not a voice call. How much would that cost? O/Sirus could you
>also tell me if I can have a month-to-month plan for Vision only? Thanks!

I have a related question in that case. So if one gets Vision,
anything transferred does not use minutes? For instance,
if I got to weather.com or some vision enable site (is that
the right way to say it?), and spend 10 minutes getting the
weather for the next week (just guessing this is possible with it),
then are 10 minutes of airtime incurred?
--
Greg Comeau / Comeau C++ 4.3.3, for C++03 core language support
May 19, 2004 4:30:10 PM

"Donna Becker" <dbecker5@cinci.rr.com> wrote in message
> I have my Sprint phone on the vacation plan. I know it will cost me $1 a
> minute if I use it to make a phone call. Yikes. However, what if I use
> Vision but not a voice call. How much would that cost? O/Sirus could you
> also tell me if I can have a month-to-month plan for Vision only? Thanks!
> DonnaB

Donna,

Why don't you give it a try and see if Vision even works at all?

Let us know what happens.

Run it for a minute or so and check your billing to see if you were charged.

Then let us know about that too.

Thanks

Evad
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
Anonymous
May 19, 2004 5:35:41 PM

> So if one gets Vision,
> anything transferred does not use minutes?

Vision does not count against any of your minutes. However while using Vision,
you can not receive or make phone calls on that device.
Anonymous
May 19, 2004 5:49:23 PM

"Greg Comeau" <comeau@panix.com> wrote in message
> In article <lrIqc.20515$th.13212@fe2.columbus.rr.com>,
> Donna Becker <dbecker5@cinci.rr.com> wrote:
> >I have my Sprint phone on the vacation plan. I know it will cost me $1 a
> >minute if I use it to make a phone call. Yikes. However, what if I use
> >Vision but not a voice call. How much would that cost? O/Sirus could
you
> >also tell me if I can have a month-to-month plan for Vision only?
Thanks!

> I have a related question in that case. So if one gets Vision,
> anything transferred does not use minutes? For instance,
> if I got to weather.com or some vision enable site (is that
> the right way to say it?), and spend 10 minutes getting the
> weather for the next week (just guessing this is possible with it),
> then are 10 minutes of airtime incurred?

No, and it's been said to you a number of times here that minutes aren't
used, when using Vision.

Bob
Anonymous
May 19, 2004 5:49:24 PM

In article <DBJqc.1312$Tn6.1302@newsread1.news.pas.earthlink.net>,
Bob Smith <usirsclt_No_Spam_@earthlink.net> wrote:
>"Greg Comeau" <comeau@panix.com> wrote in message
>> In article <lrIqc.20515$th.13212@fe2.columbus.rr.com>,
>> Donna Becker <dbecker5@cinci.rr.com> wrote:
>> >I have my Sprint phone on the vacation plan. I know it will cost me $1 a
>> >minute if I use it to make a phone call. Yikes. However, what if I use
>> >Vision but not a voice call. How much would that cost? O/Sirus could
>you
>> >also tell me if I can have a month-to-month plan for Vision only?
>Thanks!
>>
>> I have a related question in that case. So if one gets Vision,
>> anything transferred does not use minutes? For instance,
>> if I got to weather.com or some vision enable site (is that
>> the right way to say it?), and spend 10 minutes getting the
>> weather for the next week (just guessing this is possible with it),
>> then are 10 minutes of airtime incurred?
>
>No,

Ok, thanks.

>and it's been said to you a number of times here that minutes aren't
>used, when using Vision.

I just reread all the messages in the two threads I've posted
to here and did not see said. Maybe my ISP is having a problem.
Can you point me to at least one of those messages,
as it probably says some other things I'd like to see too.
--
Greg Comeau / Comeau C++ 4.3.3, for C++03 core language support
May 19, 2004 7:26:21 PM

Anonymous
May 19, 2004 8:32:27 PM

In article <lrIqc.20515$th.13212@fe2.columbus.rr.com>, dbecker5
@cinci.rr.com says...

> I have my Sprint phone on the vacation plan. I know it will cost me $1 a
> minute if I use it to make a phone call. Yikes. However, what if I use
> Vision but not a voice call. How much would that cost? O/Sirus could you
> also tell me if I can have a month-to-month plan for Vision only? Thanks!
> DonnaB

*very* interesting question, Donna. Frankly, I've never seen it come
up. I'd have to guess you pay a penny per KB, because no Vision
Package would remain in effect. There is no mention of Vision usage
in the Vacation Plan description. Hence, I would say it defaults to
casual usage.

I'll see if I can get confirmation or refutation on that.

--
RØß
O/Siris

In article <c8fnjk$oj0$1@panix2.panix.com>, comeau@panix.com says...
> I have a related question in that case. So if one gets Vision,
> anything transferred does not use minutes? For instance,
> if I got to weather.com or some vision enable site (is that
> the right way to say it?), and spend 10 minutes getting the
> weather for the next week (just guessing this is possible with it),
> then are 10 minutes of airtime incurred?

Never never, no never ever. Minutes are not applicable to Vision.
Vision bills and tracks by the KB. And only by the KB. Flat rate
via a Vision pack, or a penny per KB for casual usage (anything not
covered by a pack).

--
RØß
O/Siris

In article <224bb84e94dc4a226c2958b264f73a5a@news.teranews.com>,
O/Siris <0siris@sprîntpcs.com> wrote:
>In article <c8fnjk$oj0$1@panix2.panix.com>, comeau@panix.com says...
>> I have a related question in that case. So if one gets Vision,
>> anything transferred does not use minutes? For instance,
>> if I got to weather.com or some vision enable site (is that
>> the right way to say it?), and spend 10 minutes getting the
>> weather for the next week (just guessing this is possible with it),
>> then are 10 minutes of airtime incurred?
>>=20
>
>Never never, no never ever. Minutes are not applicable to Vision. =20

Ok, I've since found the applicable URL (and bought a Samsung VI660).

>Vision bills and tracks by the KB. And only by the KB. Flat rate=20
>via a Vision pack, or a penny per KB for casual usage (anything not=20
>covered by a pack).

I understood $15/month = unlimited handheld Ks.
Are you saying that if you don't do the $15/month it's $0.01KB?
--
Greg Comeau / Comeau C++ 4.3.3, for C++03 core language support
May 19, 2004 10:35:04 PM

Thomas T. Veldhouse <veldy71@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Greg Comeau <comeau@panix.com> wrote:
>
> Hey, Greg!? Would you please enlighten me as to what "Comeau C++ 4.3.3"
> is? (I know what C++ is ... I am just curious about its affiliation
> with your name).

I've never used Greg's development tools and compilers, but I know they
have been around just this side of forever - Comeau is a specific brand like
Microsoft Visual <whatever> or MetroWerks CodeWarrior, etc.

I assume that Greg owns the company... :)

May 20, 2004 12:42:12 AM

In article <c8gg4t$s4f$1@panix1.panix.com>,
comeau@panix.com (Greg Comeau) wrote:

> >Vision bills and tracks by the KB. And only by the KB. Flat rate=20
> >via a Vision pack, or a penny per KB for casual usage (anything not=20
> >covered by a pack).
>
> I understood $15/month = unlimited handheld Ks.
> Are you saying that if you don't do the $15/month it's $0.01KB?

Except for the T608 and Windows CE Devices, yes.
Anonymous
May 20, 2004 1:33:58 AM

I have my Sprint phone on the vacation plan. I know it will cost me $1 a
> minute if I use it to make a phone call. Yikes. However, what if I use
> Vision but not a voice call. How much would that cost? O/Sirus could you
> also tell me if I can have a month-to-month plan for Vision only? Thanks!
> DonnaB
>>*very* interesting question, Donna. Frankly, I've never seen it come
>>up. I'd have to guess you pay a penny per KB, because no Vision
>>Package would remain in effect. There is no mention of Vision usage
>>in the Vacation Plan description. Hence, I would say it defaults to
>>casual usage. >>I'll see if I can get confirmation or refutation on that.

O/Sirus - you are right. I just got an email from Sprint confirming that it
is a penny per KB when on the vacation plan. Thanks. Thus if I want to use
Vision for email or very little surfing when on the road I won't have to
reactivate my $30 plan and pay the $10 extra for no contract and then the
$15 for Vision. This is great as it will only cost me $5 a month plus $ .01
per kb to use Vision! I have another cell phone provider for voice calls.
DonnaB
Anonymous
May 20, 2004 3:06:55 AM

In article <c8gg4t$s4f$1@panix1.panix.com>, comeau@panix.com says...

> I understood $15/month = unlimited handheld Ks.
> Are you saying that if you don't do the $15/month it's $0.01KB?

Exactly.

--
RØß
O/Siris

do be warned. maybe I screwed up my math but this will add up REALLY REALL
fast.

over $10 per megabyte

Chris Taylor
http://www.zodiacreview.com/

> I have my Sprint phone on the vacation plan. I know it will cost me $1 a
> > minute if I use it to make a phone call. Yikes. However, what if I use
> > Vision but not a voice call. How much would that cost? O/Sirus could
you
> > also tell me if I can have a month-to-month plan for Vision only?
Thanks!
> > DonnaB
> >>*very* interesting question, Donna. Frankly, I've never seen it come
> >>up. I'd have to guess you pay a penny per KB, because no Vision
> >>Package would remain in effect. There is no mention of Vision usage
> >>in the Vacation Plan description. Hence, I would say it defaults to
> >>casual usage. >>I'll see if I can get confirmation or refutation on
that.

> O/Sirus - you are right. I just got an email from Sprint confirming that
it
> is a penny per KB when on the vacation plan. Thanks. Thus if I want to
use
> Vision for email or very little surfing when on the road I won't have to
> reactivate my $30 plan and pay the $10 extra for no contract and then the
> $15 for Vision. This is great as it will only cost me $5 a month plus $
..01
> per kb to use Vision! I have another cell phone provider for voice calls.
> DonnaB

Anonymous
May 21, 2004 2:08:53 PM

In article <f1603$40ad7827$8a59f538$6389@allthenewsgroups.com>,
"Chris Taylor Jr" <nospam@nerys.com> wrote:

> do be warned. maybe I screwed up my math but this will add up REALLY REALL
> fast.
>
> over $10 per megabyte

Which equals $10,000 per gigabyte.

Typical one hour surfing = 10 Megabytes = $100 @ $0.01 per K.
Anonymous
May 21, 2004 9:58:51 PM

> do be warned. maybe I screwed up my math but this will add up REALLY REALL
> fast.
>
> over $10 per megabyte

>>Which equals $10,000 per gigabyte.>>

Can you imagine! Yikes! No surfing for me. DonnaB
!