Sign in with
Your question

How to delete previous os

Tags:
Last response: in Windows 7
June 11, 2012 12:51:06 PM

Hello,
can any one tell i have 4 os in my inspiron1564 i cant delete and make a partion please tell me how to do

More about : delete previous

June 11, 2012 1:07:32 PM

You SHOULD format the disk, I'd say, too much junk on it, considering you have installed 4 OSs
m
l
June 11, 2012 1:32:38 PM

6553276 said:
Hello,
can any one tell i have 4 os in my inspiron1564 i cant delete and make a partion please tell me how to do

You mean 4 different OS'es on 4 different partitions? :o 

What OS do you want to use as your primary one? Assuming it to be Windows 7, insert the disc and restart. Provided the BIOS option is set at "Boot from CD/DVD first", you'll get a notification saying "press any key to boot from CD/DVD".

If your BIOS is not set to that it'll take a whole lot more explaining ;) 

Go right ahead and press any key :)  Then during installation, when asked "Where do you wanna install Windows"? you'll be provided with an "advanced menu". Click on that one.

From there you can format and do the needful - Link
m
l
Related resources
a b $ Windows 7
June 11, 2012 2:07:13 PM

I think you want to get rid off all the partitions and make the whole drive one and install a single OS on it, right?
If so, just use Fdisk and delete all partitions. Then create one big partition of all the space and install your OS on it.
To know more about Fdisk you'll need to Google it out, it's a Dos command and will help in removing non dos /windows/recognized partitions .
m
l
June 11, 2012 2:41:58 PM

Warning: this assumes you do *not* have a recovery partition.

Get Easeus Partition Manager Home and make a bootable disk per it's instructions. Wipe all partitions.

Boot to your Windows 7 disk and tell it to use all available space for the installation.
m
l
!