Treo 600 - No Cookies?

Last response: in Network Providers
May 19, 2004 10:20:33 PM

I've got the 'accept cookies' box checked on my Treo 600, but there are
sites that tell me I am not accepting cookies. Is there something else I
need to do?

More about : treo 600 cookies

Anonymous
May 20, 2004 2:28:19 AM

Your Cookie file is probably corrupt
Delete it using a program such as filez

The Blazer will build a new one

Chuck Palm

Nick in Spartanburg, SC wrote:
> I've got the 'accept cookies' box checked on my Treo 600, but there are
> sites that tell me I am not accepting cookies. Is there something else I
> need to do?

Anonymous
May 20, 2004 2:30:50 AM

In article <10ann72c237v01e@corp.supernews.com>,
"Nick in Spartanburg, SC" <jeff_nicholas@hotmail.com> wrote:

> I've got the 'accept cookies' box checked on my Treo 600, but there are
> sites that tell me I am not accepting cookies. Is there something else I
> need to do?

Which browser are you using?
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
Anonymous
May 20, 2004 2:30:51 AM

Blazer 3.0

"Røbert M" <rmarkoff@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> In article <10ann72c237v01e@corp.supernews.com>,
> "Nick in Spartanburg, SC" <jeff_nicholas@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
> > I've got the 'accept cookies' box checked on my Treo 600, but there are
> > sites that tell me I am not accepting cookies. Is there something else I
> > need to do?
>
> Which browser are you using?
Anonymous
May 20, 2004 5:11:52 AM

In article <10anvt74kathm1b@corp.supernews.com>,
"Nick in Spartanburg, SC" <jeff_nicholas@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Blazer 3.0
>
> "Røbert M" <rmarkoff@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> > In article <10ann72c237v01e@corp.supernews.com>,
> > "Nick in Spartanburg, SC" <jeff_nicholas@hotmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > > I've got the 'accept cookies' box checked on my Treo 600, but there are
> > > sites that tell me I am not accepting cookies. Is there something else I
> > > need to do?
> >
> > Which browser are you using?

Compromises are made with Palm browsers, and many users use more than
one.

Try using the Eudora Web Browser

http://www.eudora.com/internetsuite/

and see if that works for your problem web sites.
Anonymous
May 20, 2004 6:33:19 AM

In article <4JUqc.77$Ta1.76@fe39.usenetserver.com>,
palm_user@netscape.net says...

> Your Cookie file is probably corrupt
> Delete it using a program such as filez
>
> The Blazer will build a new one
>
> Chuck Palm

There's also a "web cookie" that can be deleted from the main Palm
screen. Click on the tab up at the top of the screen, then select
"Delete". You should find it there. I think that'll help.

I think.

--
RØß
O/Siris

Damn you guys are good!
I deleted the cookie file and I'm back in business.
I'm going to try Eudora too.

This phone rocks.

Thanks
Nick in Spartanburg, SC

"O/Siris" <0siris@sprîntpcs.com> wrote in message
In article <4JUqc.77$Ta1.76@fe39.usenetserver.com>,
palm_user@netscape.net says...

> Your Cookie file is probably corrupt
> Delete it using a program such as filez
>
> The Blazer will build a new one
>
> Chuck Palm

There's also a "web cookie" that can be deleted from the main Palm
screen. Click on the tab up at the top of the screen, then select
"Delete". You should find it there. I think that'll help.

I think.

--
RØß
O/Siris
I work for Sprint PCS
I *don't* speak for them
Anonymous
May 21, 2004 12:20:27 AM

Røbert M wrote:

> In article <10anvt74kathm1b@corp.supernews.com>,
> "Nick in Spartanburg, SC" <jeff_nicholas@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Blazer 3.0
>>
>> "Røbert M" <rmarkoff@yahoo.com> wrote in message

>> > Which browser are you using?
>

> Compromises are made with Palm browsers, and many users use more than
> one.
>
> Try using the Eudora Web Browser
>
> http://www.eudora.com/internetsuite/
>
> and see if that works for your problem web sites.

Note that Eudora is an extremely stripped-down browser. No graphics.
No frames.

I'm pretty sure that Blazer 3.0 *does* support cookies. I would bet
that the websites at which you are seeing these errors will give you the
same errors with Eudora.

The more likely answer to your question is that the websites are badly
coded, and are mistaking a lack of Javascript support for a lack of
cookie support. I don't yet know of a Palm-based browser that supports
Javascript.
!