Please help with Lan internet connection

sekje

Honorable
Jan 22, 2013
Hey,

So I built a pc myself and have everything working besides my internet......
I had a pci adapter and I got internet through it but it would always disconnect and it didn't work good enough.
So I decided to order a Lan cable and now I have it running from my router to my pc. But my pc won't detect my Lan cable!
I've tried to connect my Lan cable to other devices and that worked flawlessly but on my pc it won't seem to work.
Could you please help me! It's really frustrating.

Thanks

indyitguy

Honorable
Feb 7, 2013
The network card is going to be what you will plug one end of your ethernet cable into in the back of your computer into and the other end goes into your router/modem. Do you see a place for the ethernet cable in the back of the computer?

sekje

Honorable
Jan 22, 2013
Yes, there is a slot for that and I plugged it into there but somehow windows 7/ my pc won't recognize it

indyitguy

Honorable
Feb 7, 2013
Some clarification... The computer you are using is one that you built, previously you had a PCI wireless card you were using for internet access, and now you've removed the PCI wireless card and want to use the cabled connection (LAN port) on your computer. When you built the computer did you install the drivers for the new LAN card? Any chance you could post a pic of the back of your machine?

sekje

Honorable
Jan 22, 2013

I installed the drivers of my pci card but I didn't have a LAN card.... Was that support to come with my mobo?

sekje

Honorable
Jan 22, 2013
This is a pic of the back of my pc
attachment

sekje

Honorable
Jan 22, 2013
The back is very basic but I did notice that when I hooked up my lan cable I got the top light above my lan input to blink which (according to the manual) should mean I get a 10mbps speed but I don't get one at all... Do you know how I could fix this or why that is this way?

sekje

Honorable
Jan 22, 2013

The back is very basic but I did notice that when I hooked up my lan cable I got the top light above my lan input to blink which (according to the manual) should mean I get a 10mbps speed but I don't get one at all... Do you know how I could fix this or why that is this way?

sekje

Honorable
Jan 22, 2013

sekje

Honorable
Jan 22, 2013

indyitguy

Honorable
Feb 7, 2013
You could have the wrong cable, the port on your router could be disabled, or you don't have the drivers for the network card installed. Go to control panel and network connections/settings. You should see a local area connection in there. If not then you need to install the drivers for the network card

sekje

Honorable
Jan 22, 2013
Hey everyone,

Sorry for the really late responce but I got it to work. Apparently I did not have the lan drivers installed and I thought that I did.........
But thanks for your reply's

indyitguy

Honorable
Feb 7, 2013
No problem at all... Glad to hear you got it fixed. If my post about the network card drivers was helpful could you mark it as best answer?