Behringer B2031A Truth power problem

Last response: in Home Audio
January 29, 2005 1:42:45 AM

One of my speakers doesn't turn on anymore. The light flashes when it
goes to the off position, and I hear a brief flash of sound from the
input too. It wasn't being played loud or anything, and the fuse is
fine. I think I was changing the inputs while it was on. Any ideas?
Thanks!
Anonymous
January 29, 2005 2:10:04 AM

Sounds like you need to call the manuf. Thanks for the tip though, I
love my B2031A's and would hate to do that to them.
Anonymous
January 29, 2005 3:46:32 AM

Hey, I actually just accidentally hit the tiny powermode switch in the
back when I was switching cables! But it's still a good idea to turn
any amps off when changing inputs. Yeah, these are pretty great monis!
January 29, 2005 11:49:35 AM

<amzavareei@hotmail.com> wrote:
>One of my speakers doesn't turn on anymore. The light flashes when it
>goes to the off position, and I hear a brief flash of sound from the
>input too. It wasn't being played loud or anything, and the fuse is
>fine. I think I was changing the inputs while it was on. Any ideas?

It's broken. If you aren't comfortable with a scope, take it to a tech.
Otherwise check for DC offset to the input of the crossover and make sure
both power supplies are working at rated voltage.
--scott
January 29, 2005 6:17:23 PM

It's Behringer.......thats your problem

<amzavareei@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> One of my speakers doesn't turn on anymore. The light flashes when it
> goes to the off position, and I hear a brief flash of sound from the
> input too. It wasn't being played loud or anything, and the fuse is
> fine. I think I was changing the inputs while it was on. Any ideas?
> Thanks!

Anonymous
January 30, 2005 10:22:42 PM

<amzavareei@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> One of my speakers doesn't turn on anymore. The light flashes when it
> goes to the off position, and I hear a brief flash of sound from the
> input too. It wasn't being played loud or anything, and the fuse is
> fine. I think I was changing the inputs while it was on. Any ideas?
> Thanks!

Hi there. Sorry to hear you're having trouble. It might be as simple as a
damaged power switch. Have you tried rocking that a bit to see how it
behaves?

I have attached a list of authorized repair centers in the US [binary file
sent via email, omitted from newsgroup post]. If the speaker is out of
warranty you can contact them directly for an appointment. If it is still
under warranty, please contact me via email (at my office address below) and
we'll get you a warranty return authorization number right away.
Best Regards,

Jim Savery
Global Customer Support Manager
BEHRINGER The Americas
BEHRINGER USA, Inc
Tel: +01-425-672-0816 x 111
Direct Dial: +01-425-939-3216
Fax: +01-425-673-7647
IP Phone Ext: 5024
mailto:j.savery@behringer.com
http://www.behringer.com
Anonymous
January 31, 2005 6:44:13 AM

jazzman <jim.savery@comcast.net> wrote:

> I have attached a list of authorized repair centers in the US [binary file
> sent via email, omitted from newsgroup post]. If the speaker is out of
> warranty you can contact them directly for an appointment. If it is still
> under warranty, please contact me via email (at my office address below) and
> we'll get you a warranty return authorization number right away.
> Best Regards,

> Jim Savery
> Global Customer Support Manager
> BEHRINGER The Americas
> BEHRINGER USA, Inc

People, this guy is a service champion. I kid you not. He'll back you up
on an affordable piece of gear as if it had cost you thousands. He
understands that once their stuff gets good enough for professional use
it _must_ get professional backup service. And Jim has that down.

--
ha
November 30, 2010 2:41:12 PM

I know this thread is old, but I wanted to add some info in case someone is having problems with the B2030A. One of mine recently failed to turn on after being inactive for several months. The problem ended up being corrosion inside of the power switch. The switch itself is sealed but you can pry out the rocker mechanism and access the conductor tip and metal contact plate. Mine were both coated with gunk. A quick clean and reassembly and everything was back to normal.

Hope this helps someone.
April 1, 2013 2:08:51 AM

catalano said:
I know this thread is old, but I wanted to add some info in case someone is having problems with the B2030A. One of mine recently failed to turn on after being inactive for several months. The problem ended up being corrosion inside of the power switch. The switch itself is sealed but you can pry out the rocker mechanism and access the conductor tip and metal contact plate. Mine were both coated with gunk. A quick clean and reassembly and everything was back to normal.

Hope this helps someone.

Hi,

I just came across this solution cause I have the same issue w/ 2 of my Behringer b215a speakers that I haven't used in months and I think it may be the same issue you described... Checked the fuses and they're good...

What is the rocker mechanism you pried loose?

April 1, 2013 5:50:11 AM

The rocker mechanism is the actual switch. On the 2030's you can pop it out of it's housing. It takes a little bit of finessing to get it out. I would assume the 215's have a similar switch.

deejayollie said:
catalano said:
I know this thread is old, but I wanted to add some info in case someone is having problems with the B2030A. One of mine recently failed to turn on after being inactive for several months. The problem ended up being corrosion inside of the power switch. The switch itself is sealed but you can pry out the rocker mechanism and access the conductor tip and metal contact plate. Mine were both coated with gunk. A quick clean and reassembly and everything was back to normal.

Hope this helps someone.

Hi,

I just came across this solution cause I have the same issue w/ 2 of my Behringer b215a speakers that I haven't used in months and I think it may be the same issue you described... Checked the fuses and they're good...

What is the rocker mechanism you pried loose?

October 7, 2013 8:36:26 AM

Apologies for replying to this old thread, but I have a related situation. My older B2031A's now spontaneously power-off. If I power cycle them they turn back on for a while, but will eventually power-off on their own. Anyone else experience this?
!