Rita Ate My Newsgroup

Ok well I was away from the 'net since last Tuesday and I'm sorry if I
didn't respond to a particular thread, but there's just too much to keep up
with so I'm just going to "catch up" the group and start fresh. Hopefully I
didn't miss anything too exciting. :)

Once a Gamer, Always a Gamer.
16 answers Last reply
More about rita newsgroup

    Knight37 wrote:
    > Ok well I was away from the 'net since last Tuesday and I'm sorry if I
    > didn't respond to a particular thread, but there's just too much to keep up
    > with so I'm just going to "catch up" the group and start fresh. Hopefully I
    > didn't miss anything too exciting. :)

    Not much of interest. Baldur's Gate III was launched in a special
    surprise announcement, and Bethesda put out a press release saying that
    they'd reconsidered the direction of Fallout III and rehired all the old
    Black Isle staff to make a sequel more in the spirit of the originals.

    That was good, real good.

    On Wed, 28 Sep 2005 03:02:40 GMT, Troll <newstroll@shaw.ca> wrote:

    >Knight37 wrote:
    >> Ok well I was away from the 'net since last Tuesday and I'm sorry if I
    >> didn't respond to a particular thread, but there's just too much to keep up
    >> with so I'm just going to "catch up" the group and start fresh. Hopefully I
    >> didn't miss anything too exciting. :)
    >>

    >Not much of interest. Baldur's Gate III was launched in a special
    >surprise announcement, and Bethesda put out a press release saying that
    >they'd reconsidered the direction of Fallout III and rehired all the old
    >Black Isle staff to make a sequel more in the spirit of the originals.

    I almost believed that.
    --
    Michael Cecil
    http://home.comcast.net/~macecil/

    Troll wrote:
    > Knight37 wrote:
    > > Ok well I was away from the 'net since last Tuesday and I'm sorry if I
    > > didn't respond to a particular thread, but there's just too much to keep up
    > > with so I'm just going to "catch up" the group and start fresh. Hopefully I
    > > didn't miss anything too exciting. :)
    > >

    > Not much of interest. Baldur's Gate III was launched in a special
    > surprise announcement, and Bethesda put out a press release saying that
    > they'd reconsidered the direction of Fallout III and rehired all the old
    > Black Isle staff to make a sequel more in the spirit of the originals.

    Livin.... in a fantasy world....

    On 2005-09-28, Troll <newstroll@shaw.ca> wrote:
    > Knight37 wrote:
    >> Ok well I was away from the 'net since last Tuesday and I'm sorry if I
    >> didn't respond to a particular thread, but there's just too much to keep up
    >> with so I'm just going to "catch up" the group and start fresh. Hopefully I
    >> didn't miss anything too exciting. :)
    >>

    > Not much of interest. Baldur's Gate III was launched in a special
    > surprise announcement, and Bethesda put out a press release saying that
    > they'd reconsidered the direction of Fallout III and rehired all the old
    > Black Isle staff to make a sequel more in the spirit of the originals.

    Wow. This Troll did his homework. What he wrote pretty much sums
    up the hopes and dreams of this NG's subscribers. Bravo,
    sir. Bravo.

    On Wed, 28 Sep 2005 07:51:24 -0500, shadows <shadows@whitefang.com> wrote:

    >On 2005-09-28, Troll <newstroll@shaw.ca> wrote:
    >> Knight37 wrote:
    >>> Ok well I was away from the 'net since last Tuesday and I'm sorry if I
    >>> didn't respond to a particular thread, but there's just too much to keep up
    >>> with so I'm just going to "catch up" the group and start fresh. Hopefully I
    >>> didn't miss anything too exciting. :)
    >>>

    >> Not much of interest. Baldur's Gate III was launched in a special
    >> surprise announcement, and Bethesda put out a press release saying that
    >> they'd reconsidered the direction of Fallout III and rehired all the old
    >> Black Isle staff to make a sequel more in the spirit of the originals.
    >
    >Wow. This Troll did his homework. What he wrote pretty much sums
    >up the hopes and dreams of this NG's subscribers. Bravo,
    >sir. Bravo.

    Pffft, get real. He said nothing about Lord British making a real Ultima
    X or Blue Sky/Looking Glass working on Ultima Underworld 3.
    --
    Michael Cecil
    http://home.comcast.net/~macecil/
    http://home.comcast.net/~safehex/

    >Pffft, get real. He said nothing about Lord British making a real Ultima
    >X or Blue Sky/Looking Glass working on Ultima Underworld 3.

    I'd think it would be the Torment 2 release that you missed that would
    be of the most concern...

    C//

    Troll <newstroll@shaw.ca> once tried to test me with:

    > Not much of interest. Baldur's Gate III was launched in a special
    > surprise announcement, and Bethesda put out a press release saying that
    > they'd reconsidered the direction of Fallout III and rehired all the old
    > Black Isle staff to make a sequel more in the spirit of the originals.

    If only...

    Once a Gamer, Always a Gamer.

    "Michael Cecil" <macecil@comcast.net> wrote in message

    > Pffft, get real. He said nothing about Lord British making a real Ultima
    > X or Blue Sky/Looking Glass working on Ultima Underworld 3.
    > --

    Wow just imagine, dream come true!
  10. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg (More info?)

    On Wed, 28 Sep 2005 23:11:15 -0700, Courageous <courageous@procusion.com>
    wrote:

    >>Pffft, get real. He said nothing about Lord British making a real Ultima
    >>X or Blue Sky/Looking Glass working on Ultima Underworld 3.
    >
    >I'd think it would be the Torment 2 release that you missed that would
    >be of the most concern...

    That would be over in the adventure gaming newsgroup.
    --
    Michael Cecil
    http://home.comcast.net/~macecil/
    http://home.comcast.net/~safehex/
  11. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg (More info?)

    Wolfing wrote:
    > Troll wrote:
    >
    >>Knight37 wrote:
    >>
    >>>Ok well I was away from the 'net since last Tuesday and I'm sorry if I
    >>>didn't respond to a particular thread, but there's just too much to keep up
    >>>with so I'm just going to "catch up" the group and start fresh. Hopefully I
    >>>didn't miss anything too exciting. :)
    >>>

    >>Not much of interest. Baldur's Gate III was launched in a special
    >>surprise announcement, and Bethesda put out a press release saying that
    >>they'd reconsidered the direction of Fallout III and rehired all the old
    >>Black Isle staff to make a sequel more in the spirit of the originals.
    >

    > Livin.... in a fantasy world....

    Hey, a guy can dream, can't he?
  12. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg (More info?)

    Thusly "pat" <ptredw(nospam)@shaw.ca> Spake Unto All:

    >> Pffft, get real. He said nothing about Lord British making a real Ultima
    >> X or Blue Sky/Looking Glass working on Ultima Underworld 3.

    >Wow just imagine, dream come true!

    What? How can it be a dream come true when he didn't mention Chris
    Avellone being brought in as project leader to do Planescape: Torment
    2, with a budget of $45M over three years, and free reins wrt artistic
    content?

    --
    "Forgive Russia. Ignore Germany. Punish France."
    -- Condoleezza Rice, at the time National Security Adviser, on how to deal

    In article <iganj11jg8eeb3q94nr4jm2o0rq8h0sdos@4ax.com>,
    Mean_Chlorine <mike_noren2002@NOSPAMyahoo.co.uk> wrote:
    >Thusly "pat" <ptredw(nospam)@shaw.ca> Spake Unto All:
    >
    >>> Pffft, get real. He said nothing about Lord British making a real Ultima
    >>> X or Blue Sky/Looking Glass working on Ultima Underworld 3.
    >
    >>Wow just imagine, dream come true!
    >
    >What? How can it be a dream come true when he didn't mention Chris
    >Avellone being brought in as project leader to do Planescape: Torment
    >2, with a budget of $45M over three years, and free reins wrt artistic
    >content?

    Wow! We were in the wrong biz ;-). Although...that's $15million/year.
    Not quite 100 people. Can one do a game in this day and age
    with less than 100 staff (that must include all infrastructure
    support people, too). I don't think you can. So after thinking
    about it $15million isn't very much for a complete proeject.

    /BAH
  14. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg (More info?)

    On Thu, 29 Sep 05 10:37:23 GMT, jmfbahciv@aol.com wrote:

    >In article <iganj11jg8eeb3q94nr4jm2o0rq8h0sdos@4ax.com>,
    > Mean_Chlorine <mike_noren2002@NOSPAMyahoo.co.uk> wrote:
    >>Thusly "pat" <ptredw(nospam)@shaw.ca> Spake Unto All:

    >>>Wow just imagine, dream come true!
    >>
    >>What? How can it be a dream come true when he didn't mention Chris
    >>Avellone being brought in as project leader to do Planescape: Torment
    >>2, with a budget of $45M over three years, and free reins wrt artistic
    >>content?
    >
    >Wow! We were in the wrong biz ;-). Although...that's $15million/year.
    >Not quite 100 people. Can one do a game in this day and age
    >with less than 100 staff (that must include all infrastructure
    >support people, too). I don't think you can. So after thinking
    >about it $15million isn't very much for a complete proeject.

    He meant 45M per person. Obviously.
    --
    Michael Cecil
    http://home.comcast.net/~macecil/
    http://home.comcast.net/~safehex/
  15. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg (More info?)

    Courageous <courageous@procusion.com> looked up from reading the
    say:

    >>Pffft, get real. He said nothing about Lord British making a real Ultima
    >>X or Blue Sky/Looking Glass working on Ultima Underworld 3.
    >
    >I'd think it would be the Torment 2 release that you missed that would
    >be of the most concern...

    For some odd reason, I mentally smushed the two together and came up
    with Planescape: Underworld.

    Hey, planescape does go _everywhere_ doesn't it?

    Xocyll
  16. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg (More info?)

    Thusly jmfbahciv@aol.com Spake Unto All:

    >>What? How can it be a dream come true when he didn't mention Chris
    >>Avellone being brought in as project leader to do Planescape: Torment
    >>2, with a budget of $45M over three years, and free reins wrt artistic
    >>content?
    >
    >Wow! We were in the wrong biz ;-). Although...that's $15million/year.
    >Not quite 100 people. Can one do a game in this day and age
    >with less than 100 staff (that must include all infrastructure
    >support people, too). I don't think you can. So after thinking
    >about it $15million isn't very much for a complete proeject.

    $45M/3 years would be a really big game: that's what Fable cost to
    make. Half-Life 2 cost $25M, Doom3 $10M -well, so I'm told anyway- but
    PS:T 2 should be a MMORPG, so production values are important.

    Hey, it's my dream!

    --
    "Forgive Russia. Ignore Germany. Punish France."
    -- Condoleezza Rice, at the time National Security Adviser, on how to deal
    with european opposition to the war in Iraq. 2003.

PC gaming Newsgroup Video Games