WTH? (Gothic3 & Oblivion)

On 28 Sep 2005 08:41:00 -0700 mike_noren2002@yahoo.co.uk wrote:

> http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B0009XH4D4/ref=pd_sr_ec_ir_vg_h_/026-6817406-6188455

You mean the "usually dispatched within 1 to 2 weeks" message for Gothic 3?

Well, to give an impression on how far along G3 is:

One of the gaming mags showed a lengthy video report on it in its last
month's issue and they said, that they had finished building the landscape
and were now at the task of creating the cities. And on top of that there's
still no magic system at all currently - they have yet to begin creating
it.

So, given past experiences I personally wouldn't expect the game earlier
than a year from now.

Chris

Thusly Christian Klassen <usenet@ch-k.net> Spake Unto All:

>You mean the "usually dispatched within 1 to 2 weeks" message for Gothic 3?

Partly. Don't miss:
"Release Date: February 10, 2005
ASIN: B000A432TW
Amazon.co.uk Sales Rank: 495"

Now, I may have my head up my ass _and_ my feet in my mouth most of
the time, but I still think I'd have noticed if G3 had been released.

>So, given past experiences I personally wouldn't expect the game earlier
>than a year from now.

6 months to a year. That's what I would expect, yes. Amazon.com is ...
well, let's just call it 'mistaken'.

--
"Forgive Russia. Ignore Germany. Punish France."
-- Condoleezza Rice, at the time National Security Adviser, on how to deal

Mean_Chlorine wrote:
> Thusly Christian Klassen <usenet@ch-k.net> Spake Unto All:
>

>>You mean the "usually dispatched within 1 to 2 weeks" message for Gothic 3?
>

> Partly. Don't miss:
> "Release Date: February 10, 2005
> ASIN: B000A432TW
> Amazon.co.uk Sales Rank: 495"
>
> Now, I may have my head up my ass _and_ my feet in my mouth most of
> the time, but I still think I'd have noticed if G3 had been released.
>

>>So, given past experiences I personally wouldn't expect the game earlier
>>than a year from now.
>

> 6 months to a year. That's what I would expect, yes. Amazon.com is ...
> well, let's just call it 'mistaken'.

According to Alpha-Previews in Gamemags und release of G2 and the
addon, i would say, that the guys from PB will make it in half
a year.

waves
Uwe