DirectX reinstall??

Does anyone know how I can re-install DirectX 9.0c. Apparently the game
tells me that I have missing directX files.

When I run the directxsetup, it always skips the installing and tells me
that it is already installed.

This is what I found on uninstalling DX9.Quoted from Leo Laporte(TECHTV).
"To the best of my knowledge you can't. Once installed it becomes part of
the operating system. If you need to uninstall, a Google search for "DirectX
Uninstall" returns several hits, but I can't speak for their quality.
Ultimately, the approach I would try would be be to re-install the operating
system, and then not install DirectX 9."

You can re-install Windows over itself.Most times it works fine but then you
need to re-install some other stuff like motherboard drivers etc.

"Nys" <tyjnospamchew04@yahoo.com.sg> wrote in message
> Does anyone know how I can re-install DirectX 9.0c. Apparently the game
> tells me that I have missing directX files.
>
> When I run the directxsetup, it always skips the installing and tells me
> that it is already installed.

Nys <tyjnospamchew04@yahoo.com.sg> wrote:
>Does anyone know how I can re-install DirectX 9.0c. Apparently the game
>tells me that I have missing directX files.

Run "dxdiag" and see what it has to say. If you're actually missing
any files it should be able to tell you which ones they are. It can
also tell you about other problems that could be the real reason why
you can't play the game.

Ross Ridge

--
l/ // Ross Ridge -- The Great HTMU
[oo][oo] rridge@csclub.uwaterloo.ca

Werewolf

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2004

Nys wrote:
> Does anyone know how I can re-install DirectX 9.0c. Apparently the game
> tells me that I have missing directX files.
>
> When I run the directxsetup, it always skips the installing and tells me
> that it is already installed.

Get this file from the Microsoft site:
dxwebsetup.exe
You can get it here: http://www.microsoft.com/windows/directx/

Then just run it. You can reinstall DX (same or higer version) over
itself easily and it fixes anything that's broke. Just don't reinstall
an earlier version.

Or on your game disk there will be a DirectX or something like it
directory. The setup file will be in there. Just run it straight off the CD.

BUT! REMEMBER! THE VERSION YOU'RE INSTALLING MUST BE THE SAME OR HIGHER
THAN THAT WHICH IS ALREADY INSTALLED. IF YOU TRY TO INSTALL AN EARLIER
VS MANY BAD THINGS INCLUDING HOSING UP YOUR OS CAN HAPPEN.

On Thu, 29 Sep 2005 02:03:55 +0800, "Nys"
<tyjnospamchew04@yahoo.com.sg> wrote:

>Does anyone know how I can re-install DirectX 9.0c. Apparently the game
>tells me that I have missing directX files.
>
>When I run the directxsetup, it always skips the installing and tells me
>that it is already installed.

You might want to see when you did a System Restore before the game
started complaining. No System Restores available ?? --- well, you
will have learned a lesson for the future.............

John Lewis

"Nys" <tyjnospamchew04@yahoo.com.sg> looked up from reading the entrails
of the porn spammer to utter "The Augury is good, the signs say:

>Does anyone know how I can re-install DirectX 9.0c. Apparently the game
>tells me that I have missing directX files.
>
>When I run the directxsetup, it always skips the installing and tells me
>that it is already installed.

Dead easy, just tell windows that the current version installed is a
lower version.

Regedit

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE
SOFTWARE
Microsoft
DirectX
Version
For 9.0c I have a version number of 4.09.0000.0904
Change it to 4.08 and windows (and direct X installers) will believe you
have directX 8 installed.

I had directX 9.0B installed and 9.0c refused to install until I pulled
this trick on it.

Xocyll