Four different Adapters Would Not Find Network - Ethernet Cable Works

Medicius

Honorable
Jan 9, 2013
Hello,

I recently brought my desktop out of storage, updated the HD to SSD, reloaded Win7, and put in a new nVidia 660. Following these changes I tried four different network adapters in an attempt to connect my desktop via wireless. I have two wireless networks running from separate routers (I work from home and need redundant ISPs to avoid outages). Both wireless signals are detected by my ASUS laptop with no issue. My wife's work computer also uses a Rosewill network adapter without issue.

I first tried a TP-LINK WN822N and that seemed to work, but I kept experiencing BSODs related to ATHURX.SYS. I tried a couple of the options listed online but I was unable to resolve the issue. Since I purchased the other options at the same time I decided to try all of them out. The remaining three adapters are Linksys products (I use two Linksys Routers (E1200 and E4200)). The AE3000, AE2500, and Cisco Valet Adapters all failed to find the networks after running through the installation software.

I figured there was an issue with my MB or the on-board (on the motherboard) network hardware, so I bought 50' of Cat5e and hardlined the connection. There's no issue with the connection to the E4200 router via the hardline. So maybe there isn't an issue with the hardware?

Maybe I'm missing a setting in my Win7 64bit Ultimate OS? Or is there a driver conflict between Windows installing the device automatically while I'm running through the Linksys software? I just have no idea what to do. I'd prefer to work wirelessly to avoid have 50' of blue cable running from my Kitchen, Dining room, and to my desktop (computer is on a desk while we're finishing the basement).

Any help, thoughts, ideas, etc are greatly appreciated.

Medicius