DDR how do I get the speed ???

halo1234

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2003
DDR how do I get the speed ???

I've just bought a stick of 512ddr 3200 ram. I've stuck it in the box with all things on auto in the bios. It only runs at 266mhz. Ive tried taking it higher manually via the bios & then I have to reset the cmos cos my machine wont BU. I'm sure there is something i'm missing, but i dont know what.

MSI 6712 KT4 ULTRA V
AMD 2400+
DDR400

halo1234

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2003
I've now found out from other boards that I have to overclock my fsb to obtain the use of the higher ddr speeds. If this so & how do I go about it ?

tRiXtA

Distinguished
Dec 20, 2002
are you sure there is not a jumper on the board that you set first that allows other fsb speeds? I don't know anythnig bout your board, but on my asus, if you dont set the jumper on the board first, the other fsb options are grayed out.

Good Luck

Rob

<b><font color=red>Nothin like a Pentium II furiously churning out a blistering 0.8 FPS on 3D Mark 2001!!!</font color=red></b>

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
You have to change your CPU/SDRAM ratio in BIOS. You should read your manual throroughly, read some board reviews for your board, etc, to become completely familiar with your BIOS settings. Then you won't have to ask so many questions, as YOU'LL be the expert on your board!

<font color=blue>Watts mean squat if you don't have quality!</font color=blue>