**PORTABILTY LIST**

This FAQ is in no way authored by Sprint Spectrum, Sprint or Sprint PCS.
By reading on, you agree that you are fully aware of this. I see many
questions asked repeatedly about problems with carriers, and thought an
*PORTABILTY* LIST could prove helpful.

People sometimes have problems with Sprint, and this News group may
sometimes be a bad place to seek answers. Apologists might make like
it's the victims fault, or insult those who criticize Sprint PCS or
those who offer solutions to victims of service problems. Sometimes the
problems reach a point where one has decided to leave SprintPCS. If so,
this LIST is for you. 1,400,000 people left SprintPCS the first Quarter
of this year.

I have no association (i.e. never been employed or received any
remuneration) with SprintPCS and there is a greater than zero chance
there may be errors herein. I believe everything to be correct, but use
the information at your own risk. This FAQ comes not from SprintPCS, so
it is unofficial, but apparently has useful information some SprintPCS
apologists are upset about being made public, but I know there are folks
who want to leave SprintPCS and are waiting for their opportunity.
Portability started November 24, 2003 in the top 100 markets. On May 24,
2004 its available everywhere else. Portability allows you to keep your
phone number when you change carriers.

Each carrier has its own site explaining portability in terms of
Switching to itself. If you are considering switching to any of the
carriers listed below, use the associated web link.

Just remember, the evil you know may be easier to deal with than the
evil you don't know.

Alltel http://www.alltel.com/wlnp/

AT&T Wireless http://tinyurl.com/uiqg

Cingular http://tinyurl.com/uiqs

Nextel http://tinyurl.com/uu3r

Tmobile http://www.t-mobile.com/switch

Verizon http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/lnp

The F.C.C. says this should happen in 3 1/2 hours. If switching from
Sprint PCS takes more than a week you might want to call Sprint¹s
Director of Portability Scott Lane, whose number can be found using a
Google Search of alt.cellular.sprintpcs

In article <40ae6ca4$0$153$892e0abb@auth.newsreader.octanews.com>,
"Thomas T. Veldhouse" <veldy@veldy.com> wrote:

> You are a guy with ......

And your continued personal attacks again prove how immature you are.

They are also counterproductive if you want this newsgroup to be more
useful to people.

"Røbert M." <rmarkoff@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> In article <40ae6ca4$0$153$892e0abb@auth.newsreader.octanews.com>,
> "Thomas T. Veldhouse" <veldy@veldy.com> wrote:
>
> > You are a guy with ......
>
> And your continued personal attacks again prove how immature you are.
>

> They are also counterproductive if you want this newsgroup to be more
> useful to people.

What personal attack ...?

Bob

In article <rmarkoff-EFDEF6.16085621052004@news1.west.earthlink.net>,
rmarkoff@yahoo.com says...
> And your continued personal attacks again prove how immature you are.

Ah yes. Like calling everyone who disagrees with you a disgrace.

--
RØß
O/Siris

In article <40ae9bf6$0$164$892e0abb@auth.newsreader.octanews.com>,
"Thomas T. Veldhouse" <veldy@veldy.com> wrote:

> "You are a guy with way too
> much time on your hands."

Thats sure describes you. Nothing useful for this Newsgroup. Just
childish insults.

P.S. The portability list took 30 seconds to post as the URLs were
unchanged from when I spent a few minutes last November compiling the
list. Sorry you wouldn't want to help people that might want to port.

"Thomas T. Veldhouse" <veldy@visi.net> wrote:

> While you are here, I don't see this group being very productive.
> Again, I offer you this; if you leave this group, never look back, and
> never come here again under any alias, I also will leave this group,
> never come back and will post nothing here, ever. You must do the same.

Nice try. Will Smith, Stephenson, Sobol, Arends, Russell and the whole
crew of childish insulters and blind apologists leave also?

No, This group needs a counter balance to the folks who think Sprint PCS
can do no wrong, and refuse to help people with real problems. Insult
them rather than pass along Scott Lane's phone number when porting
hasn't been done after 23 days.

Dont tell them about Executive Services when they have no service but
are double billed on ETFs.

"**FAQ**" <recall@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> In article <40ae9bf6$0$164$892e0abb@auth.newsreader.octanews.com>,
> "Thomas T. Veldhouse" <veldy@visi.net> wrote:
>
> > While you are here, I don't see this group being very productive.
> > Again, I offer you this; if you leave this group, never look back, and
> > never come here again under any alias, I also will leave this group,
> > never come back and will post nothing here, ever. You must do the same.
>
> Nice try. Will Smith, Stephenson, Sobol, Arends, Russell and the whole
> crew of childish insulters and blind apologists leave also?

Funny- you mention me by name, but are unable to respond to my direct
questions and comments with anything of value. That's OK- I figured it out.
Facts intimidate you, and you are unable to counter them. All you do is
avoid the thread, or accuse people of being an apologist. I've even
extended the olive branch on a couple of ocassions, and you have ignored
that as well. And that's fine- I certainly don't lose any sleep over it.

You were a fun play thing for a while, but now you are doing nothing but
insulting people. You continue to post faulty opinions as fact, and are
more of detriment to this group and its users than a benefit. Any newbie to
this group that follows your advice is as likely to get service cancelled by
Sprint as they are to get any assistance. What you have failed to realize
is that every problem is not Sprint's fault, and your posts indicate a lack
of consumer responsibility on your part that reminds me of a spoiled
preteen.

> No, This group needs a counter balance to the folks who think Sprint PCS
> can do no wrong, and refuse to help people with real problems. Insult
> them rather than pass along Scott Lane's phone number when porting
> hasn't been done after 23 days.

I believe we all directed Scott in his quest to get ported. We didn't post
inaccurate information, as you did. You have claimed to be so well
connected with ES- I didn't see you going out of your way to contact them on
his behalf. Why? Because you're not that well connected.

BTW- who would I passed his number on to?

In article <40aea84b$0$155$892e0abb@auth.newsreader.octanews.com>,
"Thomas T. Veldhouse" <veldy71@yahoo.com> wrote:

> I offered as
> much as I can.

A hollow offer in as much as you already are posting under multiple
identities,.

In article <qOmdnThqnO2KKjPdRVn-vg@adelphia.com>,
"Scott Stephenson" <scott.stephensonson@adelphia.net> wrote:

> > No, This group needs a counter balance to the folks who think Sprint PCS
> > can do no wrong, and refuse to help people with real problems. Insult
> > them rather than pass along Scott Lane's phone number when porting
> > hasn't been done after 23 days.
>
> I believe we all directed Scott in his quest to get ported.

Duh - Scott Lane is the name of the SprintPCS honcho in charge of
porting. And you no such thing as directing the OP with any help other
than along avenues that were getting him no where.

Scott Lane - Sprint PCD Director of Porting

913-762-7449

In article <40aebfdc$0$181$892e0abb@auth.newsreader.octanews.com>,

NOPE, who else who fraudulently posts a Phillip@gte.net than you.

Røbert M wrote:

> In article <40aea84b$0$155$892e0abb@auth.newsreader.octanews.com>,
> "Thomas T. Veldhouse" <veldy71@yahoo.com> wrote:
>

>> I offered as
>>much as I can.
>

> A hollow offer in as much as you already are posting under multiple
> identities,.

POT .. KETTLE .. BLACK

You are making comments about others doing what you yourself do daily ?
Hypocrite look it up , I'll bet there is a great picture of you next to
the definition.

Frank

Røbert M wrote:

> In article <40aebfdc$0$181$892e0abb@auth.newsreader.octanews.com>,
> "Thomas T. Veldhouse" <veldy71@yahoo.com> wrote:

>>R?bert M <rmarkoff@yahoo.com> wrote:
>>
>>>A hollow offer in as much as you already are posting under multiple
>>>identities,.
>>
>>That sir, you are dead wrong about.
>

> NOPE, who else who fraudulently posts a Phillip@gte.net than you.

Oh please, mister multi id's speaks of others ?

Sad, very sad.

Frank

> In article <qOmdnThqnO2KKjPdRVn-vg@adelphia.com>,
> "Scott Stephenson" <scott.stephensonson@adelphia.net> wrote:
>
> > > No, This group needs a counter balance to the folks who think Sprint
PCS
> > > can do no wrong, and refuse to help people with real problems. Insult
> > > them rather than pass along Scott Lane's phone number when porting
> > > hasn't been done after 23 days.
> >
> > I believe we all directed Scott in his quest to get ported.
>
> Duh - Scott Lane is the name of the SprintPCS honcho in charge of
> porting. And you no such thing as directing the OP with any help other
> than along avenues that were getting him no where.
>
> Scott Lane - Sprint PCD Director of Porting
>
> 913-762-7449

That's fine- you can focus on the one error I made. I was confusing Scott
Lane with the poster having problems with this port. That should show you
soimething- I do admit error (try it some time). I notice you are ignoring
both the rest of this post, and any other that asks for facts. Why is that?

TRENDING THREADS