FT: verizion kyocera 6035 for Sprint version of same phone

Last response: in Network Providers
May 21, 2004 9:38:33 PM

I have a working Kyocera 6035 Palm smart phone that works with
Verizon, I am looking to swap this for the Sprint version of the same
phone.
Please reply with the word "Kyocera" in the subject line or your
message will be deleted as spam.
Anonymous
May 22, 2004 4:56:33 AM

In article <f7a2e0c5.0405211638.1a7460de@posting.google.com>,
usenet@apple-o.com (Mad Scientist) wrote:

> I have a working Kyocera 6035 Palm smart phone that works with
> Verizon, I am looking to swap this for the Sprint version of the same
> phone.
> Please reply with the word "Kyocera" in the subject line or your
> message will be deleted as spam.

Despite reps at trade meetings promising it, SprintPCS never sold that
phone. The Samsung i500 is about as close as you'll currently get at
SprintPCS, which will never activate a Verizon sold phone on its network.
Anonymous
May 22, 2004 4:56:34 AM

That's incorrect. Sprint sold the Kyocera 6035 for more than a year after
it came out. In fact, a bunch of folks spoke of getting the MSL for the
cheaper Sprint version and moving it over to Verizon. I have seen 6035's in
person with Sprint logo on them.

All this person has to do is find an original Sprint 6035 so they can
activate that on Sprint. We all know Sprint won't activate another carriers
phone, but they should activate an older Tri-mode Sprint phone.

Go to ebay, query on Sprint 6035. i.e.

-Dan

"Røbert M" <rmarkoff@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> In article <f7a2e0c5.0405211638.1a7460de@posting.google.com>,
> usenet@apple-o.com (Mad Scientist) wrote:
>
> > I have a working Kyocera 6035 Palm smart phone that works with
> > Verizon, I am looking to swap this for the Sprint version of the same
> > phone.
> > Please reply with the word "Kyocera" in the subject line or your
> > message will be deleted as spam.
>

> Despite reps at trade meetings promising it, SprintPCS never sold that
> phone. The Samsung i500 is about as close as you'll currently get at
> SprintPCS, which will never activate a Verizon sold phone on its network.
May 22, 2004 8:38:23 AM

Røbert M wrote:
> In article <f7a2e0c5.0405211638.1a7460de@posting.google.com>,
> usenet@apple-o.com (Mad Scientist) wrote:
>
>> I have a working Kyocera 6035 Palm smart phone that works with
>> Verizon, I am looking to swap this for the Sprint version of the same
>> phone.
>> Please reply with the word "Kyocera" in the subject line or your
>> message will be deleted as spam.
>

> Despite reps at trade meetings promising it, SprintPCS never sold that
> phone. The Samsung i500 is about as close as you'll currently get at
> SprintPCS, which will never activate a Verizon sold phone on its network.

WTF?

Sorry, buddy, but you are totally outa gas on this one!

I bought my 6035 at a Sprint PCS store. I used it for two years, and
then replaced it with my Treo 600.
May 22, 2004 5:56:11 PM

Anybody any idea on if a Samsung i500 will work in Ontario Canada?

"rlsusenet@NOSPAMPUHLEEZschnapp.org" <NoSuchPerson@bigfoot.com> wrote in message news:<3PArc.569$wO4.37@twister.socal.rr.com>...
> Røbert M wrote:
> > In article <f7a2e0c5.0405211638.1a7460de@posting.google.com>,
> > usenet@apple-o.com (Mad Scientist) wrote:
> >
> >> I have a working Kyocera 6035 Palm smart phone that works with
> >> Verizon, I am looking to swap this for the Sprint version of the same
> >> phone.
> >> Please reply with the word "Kyocera" in the subject line or your
> >> message will be deleted as spam.
> >

> > Despite reps at trade meetings promising it, SprintPCS never sold that
> > phone. The Samsung i500 is about as close as you'll currently get at
> > SprintPCS, which will never activate a Verizon sold phone on its network.
>
> WTF?
>
> Sorry, buddy, but you are totally outa gas on this one!
>
> I bought my 6035 at a Sprint PCS store. I used it for two years, and
> then replaced it with my Treo 600.
Anonymous
May 23, 2004 4:04:00 PM

"Saeed" <svahid@beeb.net> wrote in message
news:D e13284a.0405221256.312e3f9@posting.google.com...
> Anybody any idea on if a Samsung i500 will work in Ontario Canada?

Here's the link for International Roaming - http://tinyurl.com/24sgh . You
can check it for yourself ... :)

Bob
May 24, 2004 6:47:45 PM

Thanks a lot Bob! But I meant is it possible to use SIM card of a
Canadian operator like Bell with this phone? or it is locked to
Sprint? I'm currently in London, UK and will move to Toronto. I cannot
afford to pay for roaming rate all the time!

"Bob Smith" <usirsclt_No_Spam_@earthlink.net> wrote in message news:<Qq0sc.6111$Tn6.3531@newsread1.news.pas.earthlink.net>...
> "Saeed" <svahid@beeb.net> wrote in message
> news:D e13284a.0405221256.312e3f9@posting.google.com...
> > Anybody any idea on if a Samsung i500 will work in Ontario Canada?
>
> Here's the link for International Roaming - http://tinyurl.com/24sgh . You
> can check it for yourself ... :)
>
> Bob
Anonymous
May 25, 2004 2:16:49 AM

In article <de13284a.0405241347.15b0c7b5@posting.google.com>,
svahid@beeb.net (Saeed) wrote:

> But I meant is it possible to use SIM card of a
> Canadian operator like Bell with this phone? or it is locked to
> Sprint? I'm currently in London, UK and will move to Toronto. I cannot
> afford to pay for roaming rate all the time!

SprintPCS phones do not use SIM cards, and yes they are locked to
SprintPCS as sold.
May 25, 2004 4:37:42 AM

Saeed wrote:
> Thanks a lot Bob! But I meant is it possible to use SIM card of a
> Canadian operator like Bell with this phone? or it is locked to
> Sprint? I'm currently in London, UK and will move to Toronto. I cannot
> afford to pay for roaming rate all the time!

IIRC Bell Mobility in canada uses CDMA phones. No SIM cards in those.
Can anyone confirm whether Bell is using R-UIM? The Sprint phones are
locked to Sprint, but the unlock code is given by Sprint the second time
the phone is programmed. Unlocking the phone doesn't automatically make
the handset work with Bell, esp with data services. You may need a
firmware update from Bell, the availability of which would also
guarantee the phone's availability from Bell Mobility directly.
Anonymous
May 25, 2004 6:11:10 AM

"Saeed" <svahid@beeb.net> wrote in message
news:D e13284a.0405241347.15b0c7b5@posting.google.com...
> Thanks a lot Bob! But I meant is it possible to use SIM card of a
> Canadian operator like Bell with this phone? or it is locked to
> Sprint? I'm currently in London, UK and will move to Toronto. I cannot
> afford to pay for roaming rate all the time!

As the others have said Saeed, you are going to be out of luck in using a
SPCS phone with a SIM card ... The best thing you can do, is check with
other sources to find the cheapest way to make and receive calls ... Your
local provider, your travel agent, Bell Mobility ... and any other wireless
provider.

Bob
!