Can I "add a phone" for a month only on a retention acc?

Last response: in Network Providers
Share
May 22, 2004 3:17:58 PM

I have a 900 min for $40 and will travel this summer.
Will need a second phone for one month. Will sprint let
me with no contract add a phone, then take it off later with
no commitment?
Anonymous
May 22, 2004 7:54:02 PM

<dave> wrote in message
> I have a 900 min for $40 and will travel this summer.
> Will need a second phone for one month. Will sprint let
> me with no contract add a phone, then take it off later with
> no commitment?

My initial impression is that they won't. I have three phones on my account.
When I did my retention deal a few months ago, each phone had a 2 year
commitment on them.

Bob
May 22, 2004 8:17:19 PM

dave wrote:
> I have a 900 min for $40 and will travel this summer.
> Will need a second phone for one month. Will sprint let
> me with no contract add a phone, then take it off later with
> no commitment?

I've checked on this, though I didn't do it. Should be possible. You'd
pay monthly $20 for add-a-phone, plus $10 non contract. Possibly also a
$36 activation fee - I'd talked them into waiving it. This assumes you
have a phone lying about that you can use. If you have to buy a phone,
also consider getting a refurb Tracfone or Go Phone. Those will cost
around $30. When your trip is over, give the phone to someone that needs it.
-mike
Anonymous
May 23, 2004 8:20:20 AM

Bob Smith wrote:

> <dave> wrote in message
>
>>I have a 900 min for $40 and will travel this summer.
>>Will need a second phone for one month. Will sprint let
>>me with no contract add a phone, then take it off later with
>>no commitment?
>

> My initial impression is that they won't. I have three phones on my account.
> When I did my retention deal a few months ago, each phone had a 2 year
> commitment on them.
>
> Bob

I agree , I don't think that will happen, as far as I know any new
line must have a contract. It's not very customer friendly I admit, but
it seems to the way it is.
At least for now.

Jim