Synching Samsung VI660 with Outlook

Does anyone know of any Shareware or inexpensive software to sync Samsung
VI660 with MS Outlook?

Thanks in advance

Vityok

"vityok" <vityok@socal.rr.com> wrote in message
> Does anyone know of any Shareware or inexpensive software to sync Samsung
> VI660 with MS Outlook?
>
> Thanks in advance
>
> Vityok

The only shareware / freeware software doing phone syncing that I'm familiar
with right now is BitPim, and your phone is not supported yet. It is
supported by DataPilot - http://www.susteen.com/shop1_samsunga660.htm , but
that's going to run you $35, before the cost of a cable.

Only other syncing company is SnapSync by FutureDial, and they support it as
well. http://futuredial.com/matrix/M_Samsung.htm . I believe it's priced in
the same ballpark.

Bob

In article <75Lrc.5190$Tn6.3282@newsread1.news.pas.earthlink.net>,
Bob Smith <usirsclt_No_Spam_@earthlink.net> wrote:

>"vityok" <vityok@socal.rr.com> wrote in message
>> Does anyone know of any Shareware or inexpensive software to sync Samsung
>> VI660 with MS Outlook?
>>
>> Thanks in advance
>>
>> Vityok
>
>The only shareware / freeware software doing phone syncing that I'm familiar
>with right now is BitPim, and your phone is not supported yet. It is
>supported by DataPilot - http://www.susteen.com/shop1_samsunga660.htm , but
>that's going to run you $35, before the cost of a cable.
>
>Only other syncing company is SnapSync by FutureDial, and they support it as
>well. http://futuredial.com/matrix/M_Samsung.htm . I believe it's priced in
>the same ballpark.

I just got the SnapSync deal from RadioShack for the VI 660 for $41.99.
It required more work than I would have preferred (about 8 phone
calls and about 8 emails with updates -- mostly to get around an
invalid serial number problem and what turned out to be an older
version of their software, which got me into a sort of circular
install situation), but in the end it works fine and the FD people
seem responsive albeit a confusing upgrade setup for this phone.
Try and get them to send you the FutureDial_4.zip driver update
if you're situation is smelling similar in any way, if you decide
to use them. It's supposed to work with Outlook, though I didn't
use that part.
--
Greg Comeau / Comeau C++ 4.3.3, for C++03 core language support

Greg Comeau burbled to the world:

> It's supposed to work with Outlook, though I didn't
> use that part.

So then what did you synch to? Or did you just save a file
to your computer to back up?

Chris

In article <GsLrc.94597$536.16409562@attbi_s03>,
Chris Pisarra <Chris@Pisarra.com> wrote:
>Greg Comeau burbled to the world:
>> It's supposed to work with Outlook, though I didn't
>> use that part.
>
>So then what did you synch to? Or did you just save a file
>to your computer to back up?

I used it to pull my phone list from my previous phone, and
then to copy it to the new phone. It didn't pick up fax numbers,
and only wrote the file in one format (.ssy I think it was),
but it did the job. And now yeah, now there's a copy on my PC too.
--
Greg Comeau / Comeau C++ 4.3.3, for C++03 core language support