What can Sprint do to...

become a WLNP winner when it goes nationwide in a couple days?

Eric
8 answers Last reply
More about what sprint

    "Eric" <caperenewal@webtv.net> wrote in message
    > become a WLNP winner when it goes nationwide in a couple days?
    >
    > Eric

    Whoa ... nice change to your newsreader there Eric ... Makes it a whole lot
    easier to reply to your posts ... :)

    Eric, so far, it hasn't been confirmed by any official source (Sprint or
    financial reporters) whether SPCS is a winner or a loser with regards to
    WLNP.

    Bob

    (Bob Smith) wrote:
    > Eric, so far, it hasn't been confirmed by any
    > official source (Sprint or financial reporters)
    > whether SPCS is a winner or a loser with
    > regards to WLNP.

    Yeah I know. I was just polling people to see what Sprint could do to
    secure them a winning position in the future... one in which they could
    commend themselves on without a shadow of a doubt.

    Eric

    In article <B7Nrc.5370$Tn6.3814@newsread1.news.pas.earthlink.net>,
    "Bob Smith" <usirsclt_No_Spam_@earthlink.net> wrote:

    > "Eric" <caperenewal@webtv.net> wrote in message
    > > become a WLNP winner when it goes nationwide in a couple days?
    > >
    > > Eric
    >
    > Whoa ... nice change to your newsreader there Eric ... Makes it a whole lot
    > easier to reply to your posts ... :)
    >
    > Eric, so far, it hasn't been confirmed by any official source (Sprint or
    > financial reporters) whether SPCS is a winner or a loser with regards to
    > WLNP.
    >
    > Bob

    The churn was up, They lost 1,400,000 customers in Q1 2004; and they
    declined to post the data in the Public Press Releases.

    It's pretty obvious they're a loser to anyone without rose colored
    glasses.

    ==
    But it didnt stop Sprint from issuing 39,700,000 shares of stock to
    Grant to Executives. (check their May 19, 2004 SEC filing).

    "Røbert M" <rmarkoff@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > In article <B7Nrc.5370$Tn6.3814@newsread1.news.pas.earthlink.net>,
    > "Bob Smith" <usirsclt_No_Spam_@earthlink.net> wrote:
    >

    > > "Eric" <caperenewal@webtv.net> wrote in message
    > > > become a WLNP winner when it goes nationwide in a couple days?
    > > >
    > > > Eric
    > >
    > > Whoa ... nice change to your newsreader there Eric ... Makes it a whole
    lot
    > > easier to reply to your posts ... :)
    > >
    > > Eric, so far, it hasn't been confirmed by any official source (Sprint or
    > > financial reporters) whether SPCS is a winner or a loser with regards to
    > > WLNP.
    > >
    > > Bob
    >
    > The churn was up, They lost 1,400,000 customers in Q1 2004; and they
    > declined to post the data in the Public Press Releases.
    >
    > It's pretty obvious they're a loser to anyone without rose colored
    > glasses.

    No- their churn increase was in line with some of the industry leaders, and
    better than a year ago. To the entire population of the world minus one
    (that would be you), they have been very successful over the last year in
    improving all metrics.

    You stating that they are a WLNP loser is vaporfact.

    > ==
    > But it didnt stop Sprint from issuing 39,700,000 shares of stock to
    > Grant to Executives. (check their May 19, 2004 SEC filing).

    You didn't read very much of the filing, did you? The filings on the 19th
    are amendments to previously filed registrations that dealt with PCS stock.
    The amendments were filed to convert those registrations to FON stock. One
    of the registrations was for the Employee Stock Purchase Program, which is
    open to all employees. And if you had read further, you would have also
    recognized that many of the executive shares mentioned are being offered as
    options, not ouright gifts. This is not the cash cow you are projecting it
    to be.

    In article <28170-40AFA698-87@storefull-3232.bay.webtv.net>,
    caperenewal@webtv.net (Eric) wrote:

    >I was just polling people to see what Sprint could do to
    > secure them a winning position in the future... one in which they could
    > commend themselves on without a shadow of a doubt.

    SprintPCS should emphasize their 7 PM nights, and their excellent system
    of tracking minutes used. They need some attention grabbing promotion
    like free photomail for 6 months.

    Sprint has lost its position as a value leader with the recent price
    increases, add-on freebie decreases, and now mandatory Vision. It still
    has the (mistaken?) perception of having poor coverage, and the correct
    perception of poor customer service.

    The public perception is that Verizon has best Network, best Customer
    Service, and T-Mobile is the value leader. At a local Sam's last weekend
    they had the Sony T-610 for T-Mobile for free after rebate.

    I suspect Sprint thinks its going to make a fortune out of wholesaling
    their network to AT&T; and maybe they will, or maybe Bell South with
    gobble up AT&T (at a current 52 week low in stock price), and since Bell
    South has 40% of Ciongular, it has no need to use Sprint's PCS network.

    "Røbert M" <rmarkoff@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > In article <B7Nrc.5370$Tn6.3814@newsread1.news.pas.earthlink.net>,
    > "Bob Smith" <usirsclt_No_Spam_@earthlink.net> wrote:
    >

    > > "Eric" <caperenewal@webtv.net> wrote in message
    > > > become a WLNP winner when it goes nationwide in a couple days?
    > > >
    > > > Eric
    > >
    > > Whoa ... nice change to your newsreader there Eric ... Makes it a whole
    lot
    > > easier to reply to your posts ... :)
    > >
    > > Eric, so far, it hasn't been confirmed by any official source (Sprint or
    > > financial reporters) whether SPCS is a winner or a loser with regards to
    > > WLNP.
    > >
    > > Bob
    >
    > The churn was up, They lost 1,400,000 customers in Q1 2004; and they
    > declined to post the data in the Public Press Releases.

    You still haven't shown anything to back up Phillipe ... Why? Why don't you
    want to prove you are right? Don't you want to prove your point?

    > It's pretty obvious they're a loser to anyone without rose colored
    > glasses.
    >
    > ==
    > But it didnt stop Sprint from issuing 39,700,000 shares of stock to
    > Grant to Executives. (check their May 19, 2004 SEC filing).

    What are you, a communist? And no, that;s not an insult, but an inquiry.
    Every corporation offers that to their top dogs to keep them with the
    company. It's called an incentive to stay with the company ...

    Bob

    In article <rmarkoff-FA3AD5.14374422052004@news5.west.earthlink.net>,
    rmarkoff@yahoo.com says...

    > The churn was up, They lost 1,400,000 customers in Q1 2004; and they
    > declined to post the data in the Public Press Releases.

    Churn was *down* by any measure an objective observer uses, Phill:
    year over year.

    And Verizon lost more than half a million more customers in the same
    time period. Says a lot more about the validity of your argument,
    though, than about Verizon.

    --
    RØß
    O/Siris

    Røbert M wrote:

    > The churn was up, They lost 1,400,000 customers in Q1 2004; and they
    > declined to post the data in the Public Press Releases.

    That's generally because it makes no sense to post something that isn't
    true:

    http://tinyurl.com/2wb5h

    "The PCS Wireless division reported strong financial results and added
    972,000 customers, consisting of 414,000 net direction customer
    additions combined with 558,000 from wholesale and affiliate partners."

    I don't know, philly. 1.4 million net lost customers is a little off
    the mark from the reported net gain of 972,000.

    > It's pretty obvious they're a loser to anyone without rose colored
    > glasses.

    And what color are your glasses behind those blinders you've got on,
    Phillipe? AT&T-Wireless Blue? :)

    --
    E-mail fudged to thwart spammers.

Sprint PCS Internet Service Providers