Anyone here playing some space sims?

nostromo

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.space-sim (More info?)

I mean, does anyone wanna talk about Yager or X2 or whatnot...or should I
just unsubscribe now & go back to .action/.rpg...? *huge Shrek sigh* >8^D

--
Replace 'spamfree' with ('k__umcgl_' + ascii 123456789) to reply via email.

Milo

Distinguished
Dec 9, 2003

"Nostromo" <nostromo@spamfree.net.au> wrote in message
> I mean, does anyone wanna talk about Yager or X2 or whatnot...or should I
> just unsubscribe now & go back to .action/.rpg...? *huge Shrek sigh* >8^D

Well, I play Starshatter a lot. ;-)

Is Yager available for the PC? I thought it was a console game.
Did it ever get a US release?

By the way, does anyone here know if Eschaton-Online died the
true death? Both of their websites seem to be down, and the
Google cached version says that they let their domain registry
lapse...

--milo
http://www.starshatter.com

milo wrote:

> Is Yager available for the PC? I thought it was a console game.
> Did it ever get a US release?

Afaik Yager was released on the PC some time ago. Only available as DVD
version however. A PC demo can be DLed from their web page.

--
There are 2 times when a man doesn't understand a woman -
before marriage and after marriage.

[Delete the karl after the @ to avoid my spam trap]

Karl Frank <karl@karl.frank.name> wrote in message news:<30c8c81b35234eb16361be4dd79b717b@news.teranews.com>...
> milo wrote:
>
> > Is Yager available for the PC? I thought it was a console game.
> > Did it ever get a US release?
>
> Afaik Yager was released on the PC some time ago. Only available as DVD
> version however. A PC demo can be DLed from their web page.

Is Yager any good though???

tara

Distinguished
May 11, 2004

jimlascola@yahoo.com (Jim Lascola) wrote:

> Is Yager any good though???

I'm having a lot of fun playing it. Gorgeous graphics, interesting
characters and the best flight sim physics I've played. The story is
non-linear. I really found this out when I had to reinstall it after I
updated my vid card driver (it's been a little finicky, probably due
to its graphic intensiveness). I had to start from the beginning
again--which wasn't bad since I'd learned alot already--and the story
was different with some scenes I didn't see the first time. Some say
it gets boring half-way through, but I'm up to the 7th mission and my
interest isn't lagging. It's not available in the US, had to order it
from the UK.

Tara
--
P2.4, 533 FSB, 512 DDR RAM, Radeon 9200 128mb, 19" KDS falt-screen