Cricket 2004

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.space-sim (More info?)

Hey everybody,

A few days ago I purchased Cricket 2004, but unfortunatley I have been
unable to get it to work. I can install it fine, but it just won't start up
when I want to play. I get the opening screen and I click "play" but after
that it doesn't do anything. I had everything off when I installed it
(Norton, internet, etc), I also have that stuff off when I go to play, too.
I have the correct system requirements and I'm running XP, I have tried to
load it from the program files but with the same rresult. Can anybody PLEASE
HELP ME?

Thanks.
1 answer Last reply
More about cricket 2004
  1. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.space-sim (More info?)

    On Sat, 22 May 2004 06:28:33 GMT, T Bone wrote:

    > Hey everybody,
    >
    > A few days ago I purchased Cricket 2004, but unfortunatley I have been
    > unable to get it to work. I can install it fine, but it just won't start up
    > when I want to play. I get the opening screen and I click "play" but after
    > that it doesn't do anything. I had everything off when I installed it
    > (Norton, internet, etc), I also have that stuff off when I go to play, too.
    > I have the correct system requirements and I'm running XP, I have tried to
    > load it from the program files but with the same rresult. Can anybody PLEASE
    > HELP ME?
    >
    > Thanks.

    Hi T Bone,

    If your box does indeed meet minimum specs, you'll first want to make sure
    you are running the latest version of DirectX. Next, make sure you are
    using the latest sound and video drivers. These can usually be obtained
    from the manufacturer's web site.

    Anyone else have any ideas for T Bone?

    Wonderful sport, cricket.

    Bret