Sign in with
Your question

Touble with new Linksys EA2700 Dual Band router

Last response: in Wireless Networking
January 12, 2013 3:11:33 AM

Hey everyone,

So I live in a pretty large house (about 3,500 sq ft) and I had the same linksys Wireless G router for a very long time, I am not sure of the model number but it was a very basic one, I got in around 2006. Anyways, I have been using it for a very long time and never had a problem with it. Right now my ISP (Comcast) provides me with 30 mbps and with my old G router it handled it flawlessly. Even with a large house, I could get 27mbps from the room farthest from the router. Before I had Comcast I had AT&T but when the Comcast guy came to install their service he setup the old G router himself. As time progressed I many more devices that needed to use the wireless network, though the router could handle everything fine I thought it was time time to upgrade to Wireless N. Amazon had a sale on the Linksys EA2700 so I bought it. Setup was easy but i began to realize how slow the connection was compared to my old router. I am familiar with the setup page and tried everything I knew. I split the 5ghz connection and the 2.4ghz connections I also changed the channels to channel 11 but experiance very slow speeds the farther I got. WHen I am right beside the router I got 34 mbps but if I just walk 10 ft it would all of a sudden become 10 mbps. When I go to the room farthest I would get less than 1mbps. I have tried everything, I contacted Linksys through stupid chat thing but they couldn't help. They told me to reflash the firmware but it kept failing. Nothing has worked. I honestly thought wireless N was a lot better but I am starting to think it's not. Does anyone have any ideas on how to make my router as good as my old one or even better?
February 3, 2013 4:44:22 AM

rfares94 said:
Hey everyone,

So I live in a pretty large house (about 3,500 sq ft) and I had the same linksys Wireless G router for a very long time, I am not sure of the model number but it was a very basic one, I got in around 2006. Anyways, I have been using it for a very long time and never had a problem with it. Right now my ISP (Comcast) provides me with 30 mbps and with my old G router it handled it flawlessly. Even with a large house, I could get 27mbps from the room farthest from the router. Before I had Comcast I had AT&T but when the Comcast guy came to install their service he setup the old G router himself. As time progressed I many more devices that needed to use the wireless network, though the router could handle everything fine I thought it was time time to upgrade to Wireless N. Amazon had a sale on the Linksys EA2700 so I bought it. Setup was easy but i began to realize how slow the connection was compared to my old router. I am familiar with the setup page and tried everything I knew. I split the 5ghz connection and the 2.4ghz connections I also changed the channels to channel 11 but experiance very slow speeds the farther I got. WHen I am right beside the router I got 34 mbps but if I just walk 10 ft it would all of a sudden become 10 mbps. When I go to the room farthest I would get less than 1mbps. I have tried everything, I contacted Linksys through stupid chat thing but they couldn't help. They told me to reflash the firmware but it kept failing. Nothing has worked. I honestly thought wireless N was a lot better but I am starting to think it's not. Does anyone have any ideas on how to make my router as good as my old one or even better?

~"Maybe your tRouble is your spelling and grammar! Use google like the rest of the world." ~Everyone
m
l
July 25, 2013 11:42:43 AM

vtekpcs said:
rfares94 said:
Hey everyone,

~"Maybe your tRouble is your spelling and grammar! Use google like the rest of the world." ~Everyone

I was having the same issue. I had my router on auto and changed it to channel 11 and got 0.5 mbps, then I tried 1 and got 30mbps, then I tried 2 and got 36 mbps. Mess with the channels abit. You could be getting interference from other peoples wifi's or your home phone if it's wireless or a number of other issues. I found a good article on it on a site. here: http://www.smallnetbuilder.com/wireless/wireless-basics...
m
l
!