Win 7 Backup & Restore Centre vs. 3rd party backup software?

ATP_1

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2009
I am resuming my search for some reliable, effective & suitable windows 7 on-premise backup software.

Along the way, I have encountered mention of Windows 7 built-in Backup & Restore Centre. I have had a quick look at it.

Are there any here familiar with use of this Windows 7 Backup & Restore Centre, & able to comment on its advantages & disadvantages, & how it compares to 3rd party backup software? I primarily undertake file backup (& haven't done a second system backup in a long time)

Thanks.

benji720

Honorable
May 24, 2012
Windows Backup is actually totally awesome. Unlike the older versions on XP and Vista, it configures easily and works well. Restoring is easy since you can just use any computer with Win7 on it and if you make a complete system backup you can restore using your external drive and a Windows disc.

I've used Acronis and Backup Exec, and unless you're using a server I'd fully recommend Windows Backup. Even on servers where we typically run Backup Exec, I keep a system state backup running because it can restore onto dissimilar hardware (and I've tested this multiple times.)

Hopefully this helps!