Terminus-which career for first timer

john

Splendid
Aug 25, 2003
Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.space-sim (More info?)

This will be my first time playing Terminus. I read somewhere, but
can't find it now, about which career is better for beginners. I'm new
to Terminus but not to space sims. I've played Tachyon, IWar2,
Freelancer, Freespace and others.

I was thinking about starting as a mercenary. It says for advanced
players. I figure I could handle that. Is there a real advantage to
picking either military career first?

"john" <j@j.j> wrote in message news:10d17gbcv9o0e41@corp.supernews.com...
> This will be my first time playing Terminus. I read somewhere, but
> can't find it now, about which career is better for beginners. I'm new
> to Terminus but not to space sims. I've played Tachyon, IWar2,
> Freelancer, Freespace and others.
>
> I was thinking about starting as a mercenary. It says for advanced
> players. I figure I could handle that. Is there a real advantage to
> picking either military career first?

The advantage to military is that you get free ships and just follow
instructions. It's a good way to start. In the long run miltary is not a
lot of fun because it has zero RPG value. With mercenary or pirate you can
build a war chest, own and configure multiple ships, and stockpile goods for
trade.